tricky ones...

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2004 09:44 am
can anyone help me out with the following riddles

1- a women with her wedding finger missing and a man get off a train, and they are met by a man that they havent seen for 30 years. He pulls out a gun and kills her the police take no action why?

2-Two towns are sepertated by a field. One fine satuday morning all the kids came out of their houses from both towns and ran into the field. Suddenly they all stoped, looked at the feild in horror and rad back to their houses crying. The field was empty except two piles of stones on the middle. What happened?

3- A man is lying dead in a phone booth- there is a broken glass and water all around him, how did he die?

4-A man climbed into bed one night and discovered he couldnt sleep. He got out of bed and dialed a phone number. When the other side picked up the phone and said " hello" the troubled sleeper got back in bed and fell fast asleep immediately. Why?

5-A man kisses his wifre goodbye and leaves his house for work. About 20 min from home he sees a car crash and knows his wife is dead. How can he be so sure?

6-There was a murder in my front yard. The neighbours saw it but the police werent called. The best detectives in the world couldnt find the body. what happened?

7-An elderly man gets up in the morning and shaves. He then puts on his glasses and sees himself in the mirror. However he sees himself with no glasses and a beard.

8-a man is driving a car, he is very nervous, the radio skips and he frives off a cliff. why?

driving me crazy...please help! thanks...i dont know the answers soo i cant really tell you if you are right or not..
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,411 • Replies: 13
No top replies

jojojojo

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2004 04:57 am
question number 3
yer i think the answer to the 3rd question that u ddnt know the answer to was that the man was in the phone booth talkng to his wife and he was telling her the size of the fish that he had caught and did hand actions out to the side and smashed his hands through the glass in the side of the booth. it seems pretty stupid to me but that was the answer that i had been given so hopefully i hav helpd u in some way
0 Replies

kev

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2004 06:06 am
No6 the police weren't called because it was a murder of crows (the collective noun for crows is a murder)
0 Replies

yeahman

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2004 08:43 am
Number 7 and 8 are kind of stupid too.
The answer to #7 is that the man saw an old picture of himself in a newspaper called The Mirror.
The answer to #8 is that the guy was a radio DJ who prerecorded his show then went off to kill someone. When he hears his radio show skip he knows that he no longer has an alibi so he kills himself.

I'm guessing maybe the answer to #2 is that the field was a cemetary.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2004 10:07 am
Actually -- these are not meant to be riddles at all.

They are stories used in reasoning and logic exercises.

In order for them to work they way they were designed -- the person posing the "situation" has to know the story behind the situation -- and has to be able to answer any "YES or NO" questions put to him/her in an attempt to uncover the solution. Often the "narrator" will inject a "does not matter" when the question asked really doesn't matter to the solution.

Presented the way they are -- the are virtually meaningless. But "played" the way they are designed to be played -- they are lots of fun.

If anyone would like to try one -- here is an example of the genre to which I know the answer.

Remember -- all questions asked to help you get to the solution of the "problem" must be the kind that can be answered YES or NO.

This normally works much better when you are face to face because the number of questions usually are many -- but we'll give it a shot on the Internet. This is kind of an easy one and may not take too many questions.

A man picks up a newspaper and reads a story about a couple on an ocean liner cruise to Europe. The woman (the wife in the couple) had been lost at sea -- apparently she had either fallen or jumped overboard.

The man who read the story went to the police and told them he thought the woman had been murdered and thrown overboard by the husband -- and told the police why he thought so.

Based on his story, the police investigated -- and eventually determined that the husband had indeed murdered his wife and thrown her overboard.

Why did the man go to the police -- and what did he tell them?

Questions? (Don't blurt out the answer if you know it. Just PM me.)
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2004 11:56 am
0 Replies

meetbethany

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2004 12:05 pm
i still dont get how a guy would DIE by getting cut with glass in the phone booth ( riddle number 3) and the one about the women missing her wedding ring finger...yeah someone once told me the guy who shot her did not know her....?!?! maybe they were wrong...

oh and i found the one about the feilds...i guess thekids went out to play in the snow..finding out the snow had melted and that all that was left of their snowmen were the piles of rocks from the eyes and mouth...

thanks for helping me out so far though
0 Replies

kev

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2004 02:42 pm
3- A man is lying dead in a phone booth- there is a broken glass and water all around him, how did he die?

He drowned.

He came out of the party which was being held in the building at the end of the pier to make a phone call when the gale blew the phone box with the man inside it into the sea.

Not good but better than the fish story.
0 Replies

meetbethany

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2004 03:34 pm
ok here is a good one i know the answer but lets see if you can get it

a man drives at full speed into a tree. his car is unharmed infact he drives home in it.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2004 04:22 pm
Try -- I never got the email.

Send me a PM -- although if you know the answer, I accept it without hearing from you.

It is an old one.

Doing these things the way you and the others are doing them is silly. They were not intended to be riddles -- they were intended to be problems in logic and reasoning -- and the question and answer element is essential.
0 Replies

kev

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2004 05:54 pm
meetbethany wrote:
ok here is a good one i know the answer but lets see if you can get it

a man drives at full speed into a tree. his car is unharmed infact he drives home in it.

He "drives" a golf ball at full speed into a tree, then drives home in his car.

He drives his wifes car into a tree, and drives home in his own car?
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2004 05:56 pm
Nice one! Very Happy
0 Replies

kev

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2004 07:59 pm
The kids running home crying because the field was a cemetry doesn't work for me, if it was a cemetry they would have known about it before this particular saturday morning, so why would they run home crying?

The snowman melting doesn't work either, three pebbles the size of shirt buttons to represent two eyes and a mouth is hardly representative of "two piles of stones" left in a field. HMMMMMM tricky???????????
0 Replies

meetbethany

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2004 09:10 am
hey the golf ball one was correct! nice work...
0 Replies