How did you meet your significant other?

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2011 06:52 pm
Probably already a thread on this but I couldn’t find one. The first time I met mine was last October at the All Hallows Ball in Tampa. He was a vampire, we were introduced and I gave him my number. He never called. Then I saw him at a New Years Eve Party in Yboy at a place called Gbar. He remembered meeting me but said he lost my number, yeah right.

So we dated for four weeks then he lowered the boom and said we need to cool it and not see or talk to each other for a while.

He was getting cold feet so to speak.

So I didn’t call, but I wrote a letter the next day, within four days he calls me. He said nobody every wrote him a letter before. And it’s been heavenly bliss every since, well except for a few kitchen mishaps.

boomerang

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2011 07:53 pm
At one point me and Mr. B lived just a few blocks from each other. I even knew his sister.

I moved here, there, another there, yet another there, went to college, went back, got a job. I met his dad and his brother. Later on he was hired to work in the place I worked. We were both dating other people but the attraction was there. It took a couple of years before we started dating.

And they lived happily ever after.

MMarciano

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2011 07:55 pm
@boomerang,
Thank you Smile

Very sweet! here's to many more years!
BillRM

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2011 08:20 pm
@MMarciano,
In Feb of 1985 I came home from a very bad date feeling annoy at all of womankind.

Booting my TI99 system I hooked up by dial-up modem[ 1200 bauds or perhaps even 300 bauds] to a text/menu driven only computer service similar to an early AOL by the name of CIS.

Going to a discussion board on the service I posted a comment concerning the failings of all of womankind at least in my opinion that night.

A woman living 2000 miles away then email me in order to chew the hell out of me for daring to expressed such unfair and silly opinions.

We ended up exchanging many emails and hundreds of dollars of telephone calls and six or seven months laster she flew down to Miami to visited me for a week.

The rest is history...........................

PS we are still computers nuts as on our vacation to Cancun two weeks ago we have two netbooks and one laptop computer along with us.

0 Replies

MonaLeeza

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2011 02:59 am
@MMarciano,
My husband chooses to tell people we met in a traffic accident. I can say no more.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2011 05:57 am

http://able2know.org/topic/3896-1#post-101141
shewolfnm

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2011 07:07 am
Quade was persistent.
I didnt want a long distance relationship.... I live in austin, he lived on the south side of San Antonio BARELY in the city limits, almost 80 miles one way.

Ahhh.. ok dude? thats long distance.
" Nah. its about an hour, maybe hour and a half. I have driven all my life, it doesnt bother me" he said.

His schedule at the time was wed and thurs days off. Just like clock work, he would sign out of work tuesday, and be here by 6. Back and forth, all around , it just became a normal drive.

Then his job changed. He was no longer on such a regular schedule. 10-12 hr days sometimes every day of the week for months. So the driving role switched something fierce.

Many times I would drive with my head spinning.." didnt i say NO long distance???!!!!" ........with those thoughts coming to a screeching halt when he walked out of his front door to help me and bean unload our stuff for the weekend visit .

Every weekend,sometimes arriving as early as thursday and leaving monday....for months....

30,000 miles later he lives in austin with me Smile
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2011 07:08 am
oh yeah.

he is stubborn too.
Broke his leg falling on rocks in the lake the very day I first met him. Didnt tell anyone.. and we WALKED around until midnight I think.. he didnt say a word about it..
George

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2011 07:22 am
I met The Lovely Bride in Primary Programmer Training class at what was
then New England Telephone back in 1977.

I thought she was cute as hell, but a bit uptight and stand-offish. She
couldn't stand me. Over the next couple of years our opinions changed.
We married in 1979. Still married, three kids.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2011 07:41 am
My lovely wife and I met at a little party my best friend's younger brother was having. She was 16 and I was 20 at the time. We chatted throughout the evening and when she left the party with her best friend, I figured that was probably the end of that. But she woke me up early the next morning and invited me to her friend's place for a day in the pool. And the rest is history.

Of course, there were a few bumps along the way since her mom and dad were not too keen on their 16 year old going anywhere with a 20 year old college guy. But I used that clownish charm of mine to win them over, but that's another long story.

Oh yeah, we were married in 1982 and since we have each other trained so well, we will more than likely continue the arrangement for the foreseeable future. Why would I do anything to upset the apple cart when I know I've gotten the best of the deal anyway?
0 Replies

mags314772

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2011 12:19 pm
@MMarciano,
We met online. I posted a bio in a dating service, and he responded. We talked on the phone, and I discovered he lived only a few blocks from where I worked. We met for dinner, dated seriously for three or four years, and married eight years ago. Second marriage for both of us. He says he answered my ad because I described my personality as "skewed." So far, so good.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2011 11:36 am
@shewolfnm,
Cute sounds a little like mine.

Started --- we saw each other across a crowded dance floor (yes true) -- my friend actually did and pointed him out - I said just watch, I'll get him to ask me to dance.....I really know how to do that even across a crowded dance floor--it worked within minutes...

Since then we dated across many miles -2239 miles to be exact--like shewolfnm I didn't think it would last, but he was damn stubborn and apparently knows what he likes---he moved because he couldn't stand to be away from me and we've been married w/2 kids a dog and cat since.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2011 04:50 pm
@Linkat,
You, you, you... vixen!

I'm posting even though I'm no longer married. It lasted a lot of good years.

A friend and I had leased a large space - we were artists, and we lived there too, in small "originally an office" rooms, started an art gallery in the big space - and, given we had limited money - soon need to sublet part of it out. For example, a jeweler paid a bit for x number of square feet, as the footage was around 3500 square feet. (My business partner kept trying to get me to seduce the jeweler. Like, what?) A theater group showed up, which annoyed me, coming home from work (lab tech) tired, there they were. Who were these people? Grumble. One guy, youngish, had a nice voice, which, looking back, makes sense re a theater group. He turned out to be a playwright. Brains. Great eyes. Anyway, the group sublet. All of us annoyed each other, us with our dogs and they with their presence.

At some point, one of their plays finished its run and there was a strike of the set and party. I guess I did a Linkat number on him, or vice versa. He started it.

He stayed that night and for the next couple of decades.
Linkat

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2011 07:42 am
@ossobuco,
boys are simple creatures - so easy to entice
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2011 08:49 am
@MMarciano,
He moved in.
MMarciano

Reply Sat 24 Sep, 2011 01:47 pm
@Region Philbis,
Thank you sir, didn't see that one when I did the search Smile
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 24 Sep, 2011 01:48 pm
@sozobe,
Succinct!
0 Replies

MMarciano

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2011 06:58 pm
And I'm going to marry mine in New York in January, the first year anniversary since we met. I miss his sweet face tonight!

http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/4633/myloveo.jpg
Butrflynet

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2011 07:10 pm
@MMarciano,
Congrats! You two better let A2K throw some virtual parties for you as the day gets closer.
MMarciano

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2011 07:11 pm
@Butrflynet,
Oh I will and he will find out tonight when he gets home, I haven't asked him yet Smile