Buddhisms similary to Christianity.

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2011 09:57 am
@Setanta,
...allot of confusion in there...first of all peasants give because they want, they are not forced to give anything at all if they don´t want to...its a trade for council and guidance, good or bad, people buy what they want to buy...second you are not to confuse people and monks with the religion itself which is an Ideal built upon a set of rules...monks priests scientists and people generally come in all sizes natures and shapes, and while of course many can be rapists and murderers there is simply no causal link in there with Buddhism more then there is a causal link between a scientist which can happen to be a murderer...you are mystifying the problem out of your own preconceptions on religion...if you want to criticize Buddhism criticize what it preaches and not its members and community in particular...that is just far to silly and easy of a criticism...I am sure you can do better then that...
Setanta

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2011 10:02 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
If you believe that peasants aren't forced to give, then you don't know anything about how Tibet was organized before the Chinese invasion.
Setanta

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2011 10:04 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
The only Buddhists i'm criticizing are those who attempt to claim moral superiority over other religions. That's not silly at all, it's something which needs to be done. You really are clueless, and seemingly, always eager to show it.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2011 10:07 am
@Setanta,
...there is a long term social agreement in place regarding gifts to the monks, you call it what you want in turn...besides Buddhism favours a minimal foot print in place as a form of living, your idea of "development" is all to occidental and linear to compare with...and please don´t throw me health charts and all that crap...its not about that.
Setanta

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2011 10:09 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
I didn't say a thing about development. Just basic necessities like enough food to eat are sufficient. Before the Chinese invaded, the peasants of Tibet supported tens of thousands of useless mouths in the monasteries. It certainly is about that.
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2011 10:17 am
@Setanta,
...it should be all to obvious to anyone with actual brains that every perspective building is entitled to believe its own superiority, you are so full of **** that you can´t even notice that such belief is a self serving function on any closed system and a rightful one...ironic that you are the one who is absolutely clueless upon what I know or what don´t know, I can´t help but smile upon your criticism...tell you what smart boy, your history quick speedy lectures are far from causing an impression on me...generally I analyse peoples wisdom and not how fast they memorise formal education beliefs, or how fast they can quote from internet...you have a long way to go...(thankfully you are not all that thick)
Setanta

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2011 10:21 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
I don't give a rat's ass what impresses you, nor is there anything clever about your schoolyard insults. It's hilarious to see you setting up as a judge of wisdom. There is no wisdom in alleging that religious confessions are right to assert their superiority. That's been the cause of more stife, murder and war than any other single human activity. Tell me all about your brains, bright boy.

Try to say it in English, though--that is the accepted language for discussion here. Of course, if you want to use any other language, you can always just chat with yourself.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2011 10:26 am
@Setanta,
oh oh...so you think is about religion...you must have a black and white tee-vee back home lad !...This is about Institutional Darwinism...and yes such function and self cohesion is absolutely necessary ! anything else ?

...I would love to see you speak in my language half as good as I speak in yours...
Setanta

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2011 10:32 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Half as well . . . i have no interest in your language, nor do i aspire to butcher it in the way you butcher English. This is about religion, in the intent of the OP. Why should anyone give a rat's ass what silly thesis you propound as a non sequitur to the subject of the thread?
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2011 10:37 am
@Setanta,
...plain simple because I am right and you are wrong !

the fact that most of the world uses English should make you and every other native speaker thankful and grateful for such luck and a bit more humble with the average... going that way maybe we all learn mandarin sooner rather then later...
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2011 10:44 am
It would not surprise me if in the future Mandarin becomes the dominant language. So what? It's doing me no favor to see legions of goofballs raning in what they believe is English, so it's an absurdity to allege that English speakers are lucky.

But just keep telling yourself how clever you are, and how wise. Have fun, Bubba.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2011 10:51 am
@Setanta,
...you need an hard reset Set, not a format C: ...this is not about me being clever or smart rather about you playing clever or smart all the time and failing to deliver all to often...I follow you in my list, I can argue all the way down with you, and still not change my fundamental idea upon your worth which is not bad...you just need a bit more elasticity and some good friends around to kick your ass time to time out of boredom...
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2011 11:06 am
Sure, oh wise guru, you've got it all figured out. Have fun.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2011 11:22 am
@Setanta,
...at least I try to believe in something, not Religion in particular but something...and you, what the f*** do you believe in ? or are you just waiting to die ? I would very much love to see you risk anything without a damn calculator in your hands...but maybe it is the case that you believe in calculators...
Setanta

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2011 01:27 pm
You've got your own silly little picture of me, don't you? How easy to feel contempt, if you don't bother to actually know anything about the subject, but just imagine the worst. You've a very silly boy.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2011 01:39 pm
@Setanta,
...if you mean that I speak of what I see I guess is true by now I must have some sort of picture of you...whether that reports any good knowledge on you I don´t know, its worth what is worth...

...funny funny is that most of the time you are the guy portraying "pictures" about other people around the place...play another tune !
Setanta

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2011 01:43 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
No, i don't mean that. I mean you speak of that of which you know nothing, and you invent a description upon which you can vent your childish contempt.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2011 01:46 pm
@Setanta,
...hurray !
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2011 01:48 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
...I am not debating metaphysics here, again I speak of what I see, face value...did you get it this time around ?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2011 02:12 pm
@maxdancona,
Meantime, I'm salivating to read JoeNation's answer to this.

That JoeNation might not understand irony is ... truly
blaspheming.

osso-no wiser here than JoeN - buco
0 Replies