Why are some atheists so arrogant?

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2011 10:25 pm
@BillRM,
David wrote:
except the Moslems, who blow our stuff up, like on 9/11/1;
b4 then, thay meant nothing to me).
BillRM wrote:
David I never knew that Timothy Mcveigh was a Muslem or Ted Kaczynski or Eric Robert Rudolph or................was Muslims.

Somehow blowing things up is not an action that some Christians are not unwilling to do on a fairly large scale in the name of Jesus.

See an example below of the results of a warrior for Jesus blowing things and people up also.
I don 't think Ted Kaczynski had much interest in Jesus.
Have u discovered something religious about him???

David
Rockhead

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2011 10:58 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
he kinda looked like jesus.

but in a hoody.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2011 06:48 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Timothy Mc Veigh, on the other hand, sounds like a Jeffersonian Republican much like yourself who finds government by Democrats tyrannical. He ought to be your guy. And that's the guy behind the second-largest terrorist attack in the United States. Are you really sure you want to draw close connections between beliefs and blowing stuff up? You seem to be sitting in a glass house there.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2011 06:51 am
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:

You seem to be sitting in a glass house there.

That's never stopped him before.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2011 07:01 am
@Thomas,
Quote:
Timothy Mc Veigh, on the other hand, sounds like a Jeffersonian Republican much like yourself who finds government by Democrats tyrannical. He ought to be your guy. And that's the guy behind the second-largest terrorist attack in the United States. Are you really sure you want to draw close connections between beliefs and blowing stuff up? You seem to be sitting in a glass house there.

That similarity hit me also but I feel it might be somewhat unfair to point it out so thanks for doing so for me.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2011 07:15 am
@mt774,
mt774 wrote:
Why are some atheists so arrogant?

Why are some "people" so arrogant? The answer to both of these questions may be exactly the same.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2011 07:53 am
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:
Timothy Mc Veigh, on the other hand, sounds like a Jeffersonian Republican much like yourself
who finds government by Democrats tyrannical.
He was a very taciturn individual. Will u identify your evidence on this point??
We know that he was offended by the government's attack
in Waco, Texas. Have u found anything else ?

Thomas wrote:
He ought to be your guy.
He is not. His choice of targets left a lot to be desired.
I did not lose a friend when he was killed. I shed no tears.
I doubt that he was mentally healthy.

Thomas wrote:
And that's the guy behind the second-largest terrorist attack in the United States.
Are you really sure you want to draw close connections between beliefs
and blowing stuff up? You seem to be sitting in a glass house there.
Well, Thomas, for good or ill, beliefs have resulted in stuff having gotten blown up. Do u agree ?

David
Thomas

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2011 09:53 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:
He was a very taciturn individual. Will u identify your evidence on this point??

I think I already did by linking to that interview. In addition to being pissed off about the Waco showdown, he self-identifies as a zealot of the Founding Father's vision for America and as a strong advocate for gun rights. How is that inconsistent with your own political views?

OmSigDavid wrote:
We know that he was offended by the government's attack in Waco, Texas. Have u found anything else ?

No I haven't. But then again, how many acts of perceived tyranny does it take to identify your government as tyrannical?

OmSigDavid wrote:
Well, Thomas, for good or ill, beliefs have resulted in stuff having gotten blown up. Do u agree ?

I agree as far as this goes. I disagree with your singling out the beliefs of Muslims as conducive to blowing things up. The 9/11 attackers' beliefs were no closer to those of the average Muslim than McVeigh's beliefs were to those of the average Jeffersonian Republican. If Muslims are collectively on the hook for terrorism, so are you.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2011 10:41 am
@Thomas,
OmSigDAVID wrote:
Thomas wrote:
I think I already did by linking to that interview. In addition to being pissed off about the Waco showdown, he self-identifies as a zealot of the Founding Father's vision for America and as a strong advocate for gun rights. How is that inconsistent with your own political views?
Your point is well taken; your argument is well crafted.

Note that I dissent from his targeting
and from his indifference to innocent collateral damage.

OmSigDavid wrote:
We know that he was offended by the government's attack in Waco, Texas. Have u found anything else ?
Thomas wrote:
No I haven't. But then again, how many acts of perceived tyranny does it take to identify your government as tyrannical?
Agreed.

OmSigDavid wrote:
Thomas wrote:
I agree as far as this goes. I disagree with your singling out the beliefs of Muslims as conducive to blowing things up. The 9/11 attackers' beliefs were no closer to those of the average Muslim than McVeigh's beliefs were to those of the average Jeffersonian Republican. If Muslims are collectively on the hook for terrorism, so are you.
I see your point; well done, Thomas.

Thanx for that interview. I had not been aware of it.

David
0 Replies