factors for entrance doors

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2011 10:30 pm
Can anyone please describe about the must be factors for front entrance doors? I have been looking for that.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,851 • Replies: 7
No top replies

raprap

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2011 07:51 am
@alexhall,
Public or private.

Public doors, by fire code, swing to the outside.

Rap
alexhall

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2011 10:20 pm
@raprap,
Thanks for the reply. Actually for both doors. I have got to use for both purposes.
raprap

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2011 01:21 pm
@alexhall,
Commercial doors also require exit signs and many localities require them to be lit with emergency light backup.

Lowes and Home Depot usually have these signs in stock at a reasonable price (~$75).

Rap
ossobuco

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2011 04:38 pm
@raprap,
There are usually landing requirements or handicap ramp requirements, which may involve handrails. Right outside the door, a stable landing of a certain size (I haven't looked at the rules lately.)

alexhall

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2011 10:31 pm
@ossobuco,
OK. Great. Can you also please tell me fire safety for doors? Can it be implemented?
0 Replies

BaronDavis

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 01:28 am
@alexhall,
Hello Community,

The majority of heat loss in an entryway occurs around the door rather than through the door. Therefore the most important considerations for energy-efficiency are how well the door has been hung and the quality of the application of the weather stripping. U-Factor is the measurement of how well a building material typically windows and doors--keeps heat inside of a building or home. The lower the U-Factor, the greater the door's resistance to heat flow and the better its insulating factor.

Best Regards,
Baron Davis
0 Replies

Romen esko

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2013 02:05 am
@alexhall,
Hello Friends,

As your stucco home ages, the different components can begin to appear worn, or stop functioning as well as they did when they were new. Your exterior doors are one example, as years of wear and tear can leave a door looking shabby, less energy-efficient and less secure. Installing new doors can make your home look better and more secure. When you purchase doors, they are often pre-hung. This means they are installed inside a wood, metal or composite frame, which is then connected to the wooden framing in the wall. These doors can be installed after you remove the original doors.

Thanks and Regards,
Romen Esko
0 Replies