Xbox 360

jcboy

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2011 05:51 pm
Can someone explain Xbox 360 pricing to me? First I see a Best Buy deal of $300 for a 250GB Xbox 360 with a $75 Best Buy gift card (so $225 with $75 you're forced to spend at Best Buy).

Now I see a $320 Toys R Us deal for a 4GB XB360 with Kinect and Gears of War 3 Epic Edition. Are Kinect and GoW3 really worth paying more and not getting a hard drive?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 10 • Views: 1,421 • Replies: 7
No top replies

thack45

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2011 06:35 pm
@jcboy,
I don't know anything about the value of Xbox or its games, but the toys r us deal is worse. The value of a game will never last as long as the value of the device it was created for. Paying 20 beans more for 246 less Gbs and two games that'll be crap in three months doesn't sound like the better deal.
Buy the 250Gig and let the kid (kid?) choose which soon to be obsolete games he wants. And he'll have a $75 gift card to get started with. (All that and you saved 20 bucks!).
jcboy

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2011 07:04 pm
@thack45,
Thank you! That’s what I was thinking. I’m getting one for a five year old and he doesn’t really need the HDD! I didn’t even know what Gears of Wars was until I looked it up on the Internet. We were in the toy store and he saw it and knew what it was right away. He’s like a little computer wiz kid lol. But he can’t have this one, too violent of a game. Smile
MMarciano

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2011 10:23 am
@jcboy,
What kind of car are you going to get him? considering he's five years old I'd say go with a Hugo!
Ragman

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2011 10:34 am
@MMarciano,
Just idle curiousity (and some teasing) on my part, but...do you guys talk to each other in person?
Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2011 10:42 am
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:

Thank you! That’s what I was thinking. I’m getting one for a five year old and he doesn’t really need the HDD!

Yeah, he does. Long-time xbox owner here; you need that HD for a variety of reasons:

- Most importantly, you can install games you purchase on the HD; then, when you're playing, the disc doesn't have to be physically spun. This cuts load times and saves a lot of power when you're using it.

- Also, more and more 'downloadable content' such as expansions to games and extra levels, et cetera, is rather large in size. A 4gb HD will be filled almost instantly.

- Finally, you can store movies and music on there as well; the extra HD space is great for that.

It's worth the extra money.

As for the Kinect part, if your room isn't pretty big, it isn't going to work. And I do mean big. Standing 9 feet or so from the TV is optimal.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

MMarciano

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2011 10:57 am
@Ragman,
lol we do but I like teasing him, he's a bit of a loon sometimes.
0 Replies

itsJenna2

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2013 01:09 am
I have Xbox 360, but honestly- i often play on PC.
0 Replies