Pregnant or Not?

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2011 02:07 am
My boyfriend & I have been having sex for the last 9 months & the last time we officially made love was three and a half months ago. I am and have been on Junel Fe 1/20 birth control for the last year, initially to regulate my period. My period came normally the last two or three times I have had it but this month (three and a half months since we have had sex) my period did not come. I was expecting it when the 4th row of darker pills came along but unfortunately it didn't, and now I am a little freaked out. Do you think I am pregnant? Am I just being obsessive compulsive like always or what? Also, if it makes any difference the only medication I have added to my regimen lately is Melatonin which I hear can effect your birth control, but I didn't think it could make this much of an impact?
Thanks for listening.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,316 • Replies: 3
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2011 06:58 am
@Cindyloohoo,
I'm guessing you're being OCD about it but get a pregnancy test and find out. They're not that expensive.

And, you might want to contact your doctor and ask about the Melatonin thing. And, really, tell him or her any herbal supplements you are taking, no matter what they are and no matter what they are for, as they can affect not only birth control efficacy but any other drugs you may be taking, or your blood sugar, etc.
0 Replies

Cindyloohoo

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2011 10:39 am
Thanks for your reply. I probably will go out & buy one fairly soon if my period doesn't arrive. It's just lame because we used condoms, the pill & spermicidal lube so we were being pretty much as careful as you can be. I smoked a bit of pot during that time as well & have recently taken a break, so maybe that's effecting my hormone levels?
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2011 11:41 am
Would you be wondering about your hormone levels if you ate an unusually large amount of apricots over the last few months?

This sounds like your grasping at straws.

Just take a damn pregnancy test.
0 Replies