Am I Nice?

Sturgis

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2011 05:50 pm
@hamilton,
Fantastic! That will make the move a little easier, I hope.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2011 05:57 pm
@hamilton,
hamilton wrote:

i cant see the sign... whats it say?

The Joiner's Arms, or in a fictional world The Carpenter's Arms. Actually I'm really very lucky about 20 odd miles down the road I've got this.

http://www.evanevanstours.co.uk/site-images/Stonehenge-415.jpg
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2011 05:59 pm
@hamilton,
I had a boss one time; a real asssssshole ask me if he was an assssshol... I just said: If you are an assssshole it is because you have no choice... People can choose whether to be a muthurfcker or not, but people are assssssholes because they have no choice and no hope but to be what they is... I said: Do you think Hacksaw Smitty ever cared whether he was an asssssshole or not??? He didn't care what people thought of him, but he would hit them with a pay off in a new york second if they couldn't or wouldn't get it... Failure and frustration await the person who tries to please every one.... You pick the people who are worth pleasing, and try to please them, and leave off bothering the rest about anything...
hamilton

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2011 06:04 pm
@Fido,
thats good advice...
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2011 06:06 pm
@Fido,
Fido wrote:

I had a boss one time; a real asssssshole ask me if he was an assssshol... I just said: If you are an assssshole it is because you have no choice... People can choose whether to be a muthurfcker or not, but people are assssssholes because they have no choice and no hope but to be what they is... I said: Do you think Hacksaw Smitty ever cared whether he was an asssssshole or not??? He didn't care what people thought of him, but he would hit them with a pay off in a new york second if they couldn't or wouldn't get it... Failure and frustration await the person who tries to please every one.... You pick the people who are worth pleasing, and try to please them, and leave off bothering the rest about anything...

You're as pissed as I am. (I'm as pissed as a fart).
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2011 06:07 pm
@Sturgis,
I've sometimes thought I would like Vancouver a lot. First of all, I met a young married couple at our hotel in Mexico that were visiting from Vancouver (Van, they called it), and they raved about it. My boyfriend of the time, being from Washington state, had been there many times and joined in with their enthusiasm. This was a long time ago, but it set Vancouver up in my mind as interesting. The wife was a burn ward nurse, and we corresponded for a while. (My boyfriend was an m.d. and I was a lab tech at the time, so we all had a lot to talk about as we sat baking by the swimming pool.)

And then I've known some a2kers who have lived there and like it.
Plus, being a mad food interested person, I've read some about the restaurants/cafes there. The weather would be fine with me, as I was also fine with the weather in a northern california coastal port. Different than Pittsburgh, but with charm of its own.

Oh, and Hamilton, you seem a combination of 'nice' and smart. Nice is a problematic word, so I'm using it here in a complimentary way.
hamilton

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2011 06:13 pm
@ossobuco,
have you ever had dim sum? its good. lots and lots of little meals, all very very good. they serve them before you finish the last helping, though, so you end up with a very crowded table.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2011 06:15 pm
@hamilton,
Yes, I love dim sum. Have only had it once here in Albuquerque, and it was terrible. But I've had it many times in Los Angeles, where there are some fantastic places that do dim sum, really fun to go to.
Sturgis

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2011 06:16 pm
@ossobuco,
But do they place the fries and slaw inside the sandwich like they do at Primanti's? Tthe sandwich itself was nothing to write home about, so I didn't, but I have since then many times shoved fries and slaw into my sandwich, I;ve even done it with burgers. It makes it easier to carry one item instead of 3.

hamilton

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2011 06:17 pm
@ossobuco,
there's a nice one in toronto, where i had it for the first time. i think it was at this hotel place...
0 Replies

hamilton

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2011 06:17 pm
@Sturgis,
oh my god! i love Primanti's!!! best sandwhiches ever!
Sturgis

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2011 06:26 pm
@hamilton,
It's good food.

I also like the stuff at Max and Erma's, especially fond of the Garbage Burger and they have a tasty chicken pot pie (I've only been to the Stanwix Street location for M&E)
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2011 06:35 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

Yes, I love dim sum. Have only had it once here in Albuquerque, and it was terrible. But I've had it many times in Los Angeles, where there are some fantastic places that do dim sum, really fun to go to.

I never realised you were from Albuquerque. Read my previous post. Pittsburgh Albuquerque good, Grand Rapids bad.

And there's this.
Reyn

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2011 09:20 pm
@ossobuco,
Folks sometimes get our Vancouver mixed up with Vancouver, Washington, across the border from British Columbia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vancouver,_Washington
ossobuco

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2011 09:30 pm
@Sturgis,
Well, dim sum places don't do that.

On fries, Diane and I went to a place in old town Albuquerque yesterday. That place had plusses and minuses. It was way out of code for navigation; if Diane had not gone first, I would have broken my neck. Seriously out of UBC code, which makes me wonder. Anyone trying to work a wheel chair would have lost control with the not very visible extreme grade slope, waaaay code breaking.

But, re the food, her fries were especially good. I took them as double frizzled.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2011 09:34 pm
@izzythepush,
I am not from Albuquerque, I am from Los Angeles. I work hard to not despise Albuquerque, which has its good points. I just happen to live here. Snarls.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2011 09:37 pm
@Reyn,
Not me.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2011 09:39 pm
@izzythepush,
I couldn't watch the video, I'm the intolerant sort re twaddle.
Reyn

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2011 09:47 pm
@ossobuco,
Just making an unrelated comment.

Some are surprised that a second Vancouver exists.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2011 09:49 pm
@Reyn,
No worries.
0 Replies