Paul McCartney Was Worth Every Penny

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2011 09:50 am
Saw him this weekend and I have to say...WOW. Even at 69 he can pack a stadium and rock it. I was impressed to say the least. And I really enjoyed the show. He played for nearly 3 hours. I think he was at 2 hours and 50 minutes. Crazy for even a young guy. But he and his band were PHEEEEENOM-E-NAL! WOO!

Just had to share that. Very Happy
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 13 • Views: 1,801 • Replies: 16

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2011 10:08 am
@Bella Dea,
I am glad you had such a good experience, Bella. With tickets being so pricey these days, it's satisfying to get every cent out of it. I always loved Paul, more so than John or George - Ringo was just an add on.
JTT

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2011 10:48 am
@CalamityJane,
Paul was the cute one but time has shown that he was nowhere near the songwriter that Lennon was. Most of McCartney's stuff since the Beatles is crap.
Reyn

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2011 01:07 pm
@Bella Dea,
Where was he playing?

JTT wrote:

Most of McCartney's stuff since the Beatles is crap.

You're entitled to your opinion, but that's all it is - an opinion.

There are very many that will very much disagree with you.

And, as far as Lennon is concerned, he had talent as a song writer, but as a human being, he failed miserably. One only needs to see how he treated his first wife and son.
Ceili

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2011 01:12 pm
I would love to see Sir Paul.
I always thought he was better with melody and John had a way with words.
0 Replies

ljs135

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2011 01:16 pm
@JTT,
you haven't listened to most of his post-beatles stuff or are tone deaf. ram, red rose speedway, venus and mars, band on the run are all right up there with all his beatles stuff. mrs. vandebilt and 1985 were two of the best numbers from yankee stadium.
0 Replies

ljs135

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2011 01:17 pm
@Reyn,
yankee stadium. it was out of this world.
Ragman

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2011 02:48 pm
His former wife, Heather, must have thought he was worth every penny as she tried to take all of his in the divorce settlement.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2011 03:23 pm
@ljs135,
Thanks! Would have been nice to hear!

How much were seats, out of curiousity?
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2011 03:47 pm
@Bella Dea,
I'm glad you had a good time. How's your little girl and the doggies? Pictures?
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2011 05:52 pm
@Bella Dea,
Bella Dea wrote:

Saw him this weekend and I have to say...WOW. Even at 69 he can pack a stadium and rock it. I was impressed to say the least. And I really enjoyed the show. He played for nearly 3 hours. I think he was at 2 hours and 50 minutes. Crazy for even a young guy. But he and his band were PHEEEEENOM-E-NAL! WOO!

Just had to share that. Very Happy
I'd still pay to hear Lennon play...
ragnel

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2011 08:47 pm
@Fido,
He'd be a bit out of practice...
Fido

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2011 07:42 am
@ragnel,
ragnel wrote:

He'd be a bit out of practice...
Yes; but with better material...
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2011 09:12 am
Saw him in Detroit and we paid $100 a ticket. We were not on the floor but it didn't matter.

I actually thought his newer stuff was pretty good. The band was great. I was actually impressed. They rocked with their coc....er, guitars out. LOL
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2011 10:04 am
I just heard a re-run of an interview of McCartney, and one of the things he said is that they try to give you the best concert experience of your life.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2011 10:14 am
Elton John is playing locally in little while, i'd love to see him if the venue had a time machine that took you back to 1974 to see the Goodbye Yellow Brick Road era concert

for Sir Paul one would only need to go back to 1976 for the Wings Over America tour
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 08:09 pm
@Bella Dea,
Good for you. There's nothing like a great concert.

Paul was my favorite Beatle and he really is a showman, but I have to agree (koff!) with JTT that his post-Beatles music, with rare exception, never matched the stuff he wrote and performed as a Beatle.

Just goes to show that the whole is not necessarily equal to the sum of the parts.

The only Beatle who actually grew after leaving tha band was George, but I think that was because John and Paul never really allowed him to contribute to his full potential.
0 Replies