thank you america

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2004 11:05 am
A US airforce practice bomb has been dropped on the Yorkshire countryside, in the United Kingdom.
A spokesman for the United States airforce (USAF) said on Monday that the 25-pound BDU-33 training bomb landed in an area near Holme on Spalding Moor - six miles south west of Market Weighton in East Yorkshire

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/suffolk/3389957.stm
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 961 • Replies: 10
No top replies

Heeven

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2004 11:08 am
Saved some time for Allied Grain having to plow - they can start planting right away. Throw a coupla buckets of seeds in there and cover up.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2004 11:13 am
It can now be told that in secret meetings starting in February of 2001 the demise and eventual conquering of what Bush calls that red coat limey bastid infested island began."They will rue the day they gave so much trouble to my Grandpa's German business partner back in the forties.
Granpas's plan would have worked to, if it hadn't been for that meddling Democrat in the White House and that drunken gin swizzling Church something or other guy. Well, we'll have 'em goosestepping in Trafalgar square before I'm finished".

"Maybe I'll finally get a crack at that there "Sporty Spice" when Laura's not looking"
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2004 11:14 am
There are rumors over here that the UK has weapons of mass destruction.

Watch out!
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2004 11:18 am
By the by...I was on Lackenheath when I was stationed in England during the 1950's. Just a visit. My first assignment was in Lincolnshire (Gainsborough, RAF Sturgate) -- and my second was in Yorkshire (RAF East Kirkby). Both were Strategic Air Command bases.

I like to think we were more careful with our bombs in those days.
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2004 11:18 am
yes frank. it's called tony bliar's mouth
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2004 11:19 am
A fine way to thank Tony Blair for his support!

I watched him on CSPAN last night, during this week's PM's Question Time. A Tory MP asked him about the Iraqi weapons of mass destruction, and his answer was so glib and convoluted that my head was spinning. Of course, I'd had a few drinks by then, but still...
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2004 11:22 am
frank, I guess the usaf, will take a deep breath & be glad it was a Lego bomb & not Real bomb.
No doubt someone will a right tongue lashing & told to write out a 1000 times, I must not drop bombs in the wrong place.
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2004 11:25 am
D'art -------- tony Bliar is a smooth talking fink & people here don't trust him. the outter glow & the Colgate Ring of Confidence have faded
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2004 11:30 am
Well, at least your leader can think on his feet and sound reasonably intelligent, even when he's blowing smoke.
0 Replies

david garner

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 02:53 pm
USAF Sturgate
Frank Apisa wrote:
By the by...I was on Lackenheath when I was stationed in England during the 1950's. Just a visit. My first assignment was in Lincolnshire (Gainsborough, RAF Sturgate) -- and my second was in Yorkshire (RAF East Kirkby). Both were Strategic Air Command bases.

I like to think we were more careful with our bombs in those days.

Does anyone have any memory of buried motorcycles at Sturgate? If so, please contact David Garner at [email protected] Thankyou all for reading this!
0 Replies