Manual/EC4
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 9,581 • Replies: 21
No top replies

Tony72558

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2011 04:09 pm
I was wondering if you could send me a copy of the service manual on how to setup the EC4 series. I have the elect controller that has five buttons on the panel. And I need to reset the time for regen and the hardness levels and stuff like that. I also have the drinking water system and would like to know how to redo the air in the storage tank, it seems to be gone in my tank. Its a Ultrafiner Reverse Osmosis system. Thanks for your time.
[email protected]
KP Industries

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2011 11:25 am
@Tony72558,
Tony,
I saw that H2O man sent you a owners manual. Well apparently there's more than one. The owners manual that I have has more information in it than the one he sent you but it still doesn't allow you into the computer to make any changes. I just installed a used EC4-75 and need to change the hardness levels. Did you have any luck finding a service manual?
H2O MAN

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2011 05:32 pm
I've only seen two EC4s in the field... RainSoft is still using a lower end Fleck valve and they have
worked overtime to make sure the customer can't reprogram the computer by using proprietary controls.

The changed it enough so that the Gold series instructions do not apply.
Tony72558

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2011 01:32 am
@H2O MAN,
So is there a way to change the settings for hardnes, Iron, and other settings like those that need changing?
[email protected]
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2011 07:53 am
@Tony72558,
Sure, but the trick is know how to access the programing menu... RainSoft has gone to great lengths to prevent this from happening.
0 Replies

Tony72558

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2011 10:09 pm
@KP Industries,
No, have not heard from anyone that has any info on how to get into it.
RainSoft-SUCKS

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2011 01:55 pm
@Tony72558,
RainSoft is coming out this week to try AGAIN to make mine work right for the 6th time, I will stand right there and watch which button he pushs so that we can get into the computer side of these things. Does anyone know how many times BY FLORIDA LAW I have to let them mess with it before I can claim its JUNK and remove it? This coming week will be the 6th time someone has tried to make this thing work the way I was told it will. They are talking about installing a KDN Filter or whatever the letters are this week if they cant get it working right but I am at the end of my rope and if it doesnt work I want it out. Its about 3 weeks old and the water has a very bad smell that wasnt there before the filter plus it has a nasty taste even the dog wont drink it.
H2O MAN

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2011 03:33 pm
@RainSoft-SUCKS,
RainSoft-SUCKS wrote:

Its about 3 weeks old and the water has a very bad smell that wasnt there before the filter plus it has a nasty taste even the dog wont drink it.

Rotten egg, sewage smell?
RainSoft-SUCKS

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2011 05:57 pm
@H2O MAN,
Sulfer smell, the house we purchased was a foreclosure and the well hasnt been used for almost 2 years. I shocked it and ran the water wide open for about a week, the thing cleared up but the smell is still there but not as bad. Also I see on the side of the RS EC4 it says it has a capacity of 700 gallons so I pushed the buttons to see how much we have been going through and it is an average over 800 gallons so maybe thats the problem but I still think its JUNK and was hooked up very poorly.
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2011 07:14 am
@RainSoft-SUCKS,
Has the sacrificial anode rod been removed from the water heater yet?

Softeners, plain old carbon filters and KDF filters will not help.
Have you looked at adding a Filox filter with a Vortech tank?
RainSoft-SUCKS

Reply Thu 8 Sep, 2011 08:07 am
@H2O MAN,
This smell is coming out of the COLD WATER SIDE not just the hot side, when we water the lawn you can smell it bad, Rain Soft is coming today and they say they can fix it which I doubt they can but if they want to throw good money after bad thats there problem. If it dont work after today I will ask them again to REMOVE the system since its less than 30 days old and it never worked from day one but they dont want to remove it for any reason.
H2O MAN

Reply Thu 8 Sep, 2011 10:23 am
@RainSoft-SUCKS,
Filox in a 10x54 Vortech tank with a digital 2510 Fleck valve will solve your problem.
RainSoft-SUCKS

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2011 04:08 am
@H2O MAN,
Well they came and installed this KDF tank which took him about 90 minutes to do, he also ran CLOROX through out the pipes in the house which I have done when we 1st moved in so that wont help. So after he was done he flushed out the Clorox and said does it smell? I said no it wont because it smells like the YMCA right now come back in a few days. Then he ask when we dont use water and I ask WHY? He said he needs the system to REGEN at night so I said OK set it for midnight, then he tells me that we cant use the water for SIX HOURS EVERY NIGHT because of this REGEN. I said it cant happen are you nuts, he said well there are only three of you living here so 6 hours isnt a long time to not use the water, I asked what happens if we do he said you can get the smell back or if its the softner that is in REGEN you can pull a little SALT into the water into the house. I said OH GREAT now its like jail lights out at midnight until 6am, so now we have to turn the Automatic Ice maker off at night as well, this is totally BULLSHIT and if just one small wiff of sulfer shows up I will drag it out into the street with my truck. RAINSOFT SUCKS they are scammers and there customer service is USELESS. If anyone thinks differently come to my house and see what it looks like in my back yard and OH if you come bring your own water to even flush the TOILET because starting at midnight until 6am the water isnt running in my house. Jerks, my next step is hire an Attorney to get this thing removed.

I did do a search for the type of filter tank you talked about that will work and I did some reading and that is what I need for the problem we have, but not these jokers at RainSoft say they will keep adding stuff until they get it right which is stupid because they are just spending money & labor one would think they would say OK our equipment wont fix your problem we are sorry and remove it. I mean I bitched to them on the 8th day it isnt working right so for 3 weeks now they come play with the buttons leave and its right back where we started, now this new KDF tank who knows what main purpose that tank is for? Do you have any idea what its used for?
H2O MAN

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2011 05:39 am
@RainSoft-SUCKS,

http://www.kdfft.com/HowItWorks.htm

What you have is H2S and KDF won't help reduce it.
RainSoft-SUCKS

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2011 06:19 am
@H2O MAN,
Hey H2O I have a question, could this smell be because of the well NOT being used for THREE YEARS? See the house we purchased was a Foreclosure and sat all this time. Now I went to the two people that have wells drilled all within 100 feet of ours and they have NO PROBLEM or SMELL at all, so that is why I am asking if it could be because it sat dorment? the well is 250 feet deep with 150 caseing and makes 20 GPM and has a static of 60 feet. Let me know what you think.
On another note Rainsoft called Friday and I told them that this REGEN for 6 hours a day isnt going to work and all he kept asking is if smelled. I said it still smells like the YMCA around here so lets give it a few days so again he says it smells OK RIGHT? I said NO lets give it a few days, then again I asked about this REGEN and he said I will get right back to you the other guy is on the other line, well that was @ 11:40am Friday and they havent called back. So this morning I fill a water picture and smell it and sure enough here comes the smell again so I wonder what BULLSHIT story I will get come Monday.
RainSoft-SUCKS

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2011 03:15 pm
@RainSoft-SUCKS,
Well it took a few weeks but I got RainSoft to come and REMOVE THERE EQUIPMENT. They werent very happy but when they were told from the higher up from HOME DEPOT they didnt have a choice. So now what I am looking for is a GOOD WATER SOFTNER SYSTEM, so does anyone have any ideas what or who I might try or call?
Thanks
RainSoft-SUCKS

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2011 06:14 am
@RainSoft-SUCKS,
Hey H2O Man read my last post and let me know if there is anything I can get that will fix my problem, the smell you cant even tell anymore after I installed a Carbon filter but the hardness is our problem now.
Let me know
Thanks
0 Replies

rasit

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2011 03:49 am
@H2O MAN,
Not lookin to hijack the thread but, Boy, I sure could use those Gold Series programming instructions......anybody please????
[email protected]
Rigamortus

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2012 09:26 am
@Tony72558,
From what I've seen, on our same system, is that if you take the computer that's on top of the tank and remove the circuit board there is a plugin on the back for possibly a hand held programmer to change the settings. That would mean we can't change these settings on our own.
0 Replies