The Kvetch Thread

Roberta

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2011 08:22 am
@roger,
Got an e-mail from FreshDirect confirming that the cost of the order plus the overdrafts will be returned to me. Mr. Green
Thomas

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2011 08:31 am
@jespah,
What can I say? Some of us like assertive women.
Roberta

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2011 08:49 am
@Thomas,
Aw, shucks. Embarrassed

Roberta

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2011 12:32 pm
@Roberta,
So now I get a message that the full amount of the order will be credited to my debit card. No mention of the bank overdrafts.

Another e-mail from me. Please send me a definitive final answer.

I suspect that by the time I get a final answer, the money will be in my account and I will have eaten all the food I ordered.

roger

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2011 02:41 pm
@Roberta,
Save those emails. They could turn out to be significant.
margo

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2011 02:53 pm
Oh, good!
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2011 04:43 pm
@roger,
Roger, why do you suppose I've been responding to everything. I could easily have just waited to see what happened. You ain't talking to a joik.
roger

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2011 05:35 pm
@Roberta,
right. i knew that
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2011 09:14 am
@Roberta,
You'll get em.
Roberta

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2011 05:55 pm
@dlowan,
I got 'em. The money is in my bank account.
dlowan

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2011 07:55 pm
@Roberta,
Heh heh heh.

Did you get 'em for pain and suffering?
Roberta

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2011 03:31 am
@dlowan,
That would involve a lawyer. Maybe I could get them to pay me to keep my mouth shut. A bit late for that, though, isn't it?
dlowan

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2011 03:42 am
@Roberta,
Maybe a little bit of schmaltz to keep you sweet?
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 6 Aug, 2011 02:11 pm
I'm sleeping on a 36 year old mattress. I think this may be one of the reasons why I'm having trouble sleeping. Can't get comfortable. I sigh.

So I'm sitting and playing a game on my computer, and it occurs to me that maybe I should turn the mattress over. Sounds like a good idea. I can't remember when I did it last. I turn it around, but not over.

I get clean linens ready. A nice new bed.

I make a game plan. Get the mattress on the floor and then tip it over the other way coming back. I make room on the floor. I slide the mattress onto the floor.

I can't get the steenkin' thing back onto the bed. It's heavy. I mean HEAVY. I survey the situation. I try again. I fall down--onto the mattress. I do some more surveying. I have a plan.

I rest and catch my breath. I move the bed so that it's up against the wall. I move a cabinet so that it prevents the other end of the bed from moving. I will do this by corners.

I lift the edge of the mattress up. It springs back and knocks me down--this time on the floor. Not hurt. I catch my breath and contemplate calling the doorman and asking him to send up a porter.

Gonna give it one more try. I make progress. I stop to rest. (Breathing like I'm climbing a mountain.) I get more of the mattress on the bed than on the floor. But one corner is stuck under the bed. I lift the mattress and the bed. Shocked Done. The mattress is on the bed. There are wires sticking out of it. I manage to cut one off that's sticking out of the middle. I tried cutting the ones off on the edges. Couldn't do it. I said a few dirty words and tucked them under.

Put on the clean linens.

What am I kvetching about? STEROIDS. I'm taking them for asthma. If I wasn't on steroids, I wouldn't have dreamed of such an undertaking. Hell, I might not have changed the linens.

Dem steroids give you unnatural energy. In my case, not the strength to go with it.

I gotta wind down. Them I'm gonna take a nap on this side of the mattress.

Phooey.
dlowan

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2011 12:08 am
@Roberta,
WIRES sticking out?

Eeeeeeeeeeek!

Roberta

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2011 02:30 am
@dlowan,
I say eeeeek only when I see a mouse.

For wires I have a stronger vocabulary. Not to worry. The wire where I would be on the mattress is gone. The others are tucked under.

The steenkin' mattress is old. Stuff is gonna stick out.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2011 07:38 pm
My cable is out. The first available appointment for a repairman is Friday. This means that I have to go almost a whole week without tv. I'm dependent on it.

This stinks.
tsarstepan

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2011 08:42 pm
@Roberta,
Until then I'll send out unpleasant thoughts to the buffoons at the cable company for you Roberta.
Roberta

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2011 11:05 pm
@tsarstepan,
So I'm sitting at my computer and sulking. I hear a voice behind me. My tv turned itself on and is working.

I'm keeping the appointment on Friday. Too many problems lately. Let the guy come and gimme a new cable box.

Thanks, tsar. Unpleasant thoughts are always appreciated.
dlowan

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2011 12:51 am
@Roberta,
Good thinking. The TV would otherwise stop working as soon as you cancelled the appointment.