I'm feeling guilty

chai2

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2011 07:39 pm
@Mame,
Mame wrote:

Ask your financial planner/advisor for a recommendation to someone.

Laughing

That would be me.
I buy and sell all my own stock in my Roth IRA.

I've had a bad year so far, I'm only up 16% overall. I didn't get out in time with a China stock.

I'm my best customer. Cool
farmerman

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2011 07:53 pm
@JPB,
Getting LTC insurnce gets more difficlut with age and many companies may even deny coverage for such things like diabetes or early onset alzheimers. Usually, after about 7 years of dual coverage, you get free coverage thereafter when you dont tap the policy. Since there are severakl options in LTC you can control the cash output and , if you have a business, make it a benefit to you.

Our IRA funds ,One of which is Vanguard, will assign an advisor for you . We use ours regularly in several areas . Beware of attornies they know the least of all.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2011 10:21 pm
@chai2,
16% is very good, especially in this uncertain yo-yo market! Good for you, Chai.
chai2

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2011 06:55 am
@Mame,
yeah, no **** 16% in this market is good! Laughing

That's what I mean. Why should I have a financial advisor that has hundreds of clients he's trying to please, who buys big blocks of mediocre stock, who has no special interest in me, as compared to his entire client base?

I'm not kidding when I say I'm my best customer. I'm my ONLY customer, and the only one I have to be successful for.

Since I learned the fundamentals, how and when to buy (and it isn't at all hard, like these "experts" make out to be) I've consistently done better than average.
You don't have to learn all these fancy "out there" tactics. I don't make these speculative crazy buys.
heh....in my mind it's like someone who tells you you have to have a cell phone or pda or whatever to remind you of stuff, when all you may need is a piece of paper and a pen.
If I make an error, it's my error. I never feel helpless, like "it's the market, it's out of my control"
I can't control the stock market, but I CAN control my actions in response to how it's doing.
This can be a subject for a whole other thread.

Relating it to this attorney....Of COURSE they want you to believe it's all too complicated for you to understand. I'm not saying there's many areas of law that are way beyond my figuring out. But I have no doubt I can understand what I want for me in particular.

0 Replies

chai2

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2011 10:29 am
Update
I just came back from a different attorney.

Like night and day.
Didn't talk to me like I could barely read, or keep information to himself.

This one outlined efficiently what he considered I would need (I'll go into that later when I can think about it) and quoted me a reasonable price (under $1500) and it was all pleasant and businesslike.

Linkat

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2011 10:30 am
@chai2,
good for you - sounds like you had the scam artist originally.
0 Replies

digitalendurance

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2011 04:41 am
@chai2,
why are you feeling guilty?
roger

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2011 04:54 am
@digitalendurance,
You might want to read the first post.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2011 04:55 am
@JPB,
Weve enrolled in a really good LTC policy and the earlier you get in the better. Dont dick around because the assets you save are mostly up front policy costs that are computed by mort and long term experience tables. If Wally has any of the issues like diabetes or early onset Alzheimers, it may be moot whether you guys are gonna be insureable at all. The LTC insurance companies spend a lot of due diligence time investigating your conditions BEFORE they agree to insure you. SO , Im just warning you. The neat feature is that if you are accepted ,Your cost will be lower and Wallys will be about 3K per year. After about 10 years, your policy will be all payed up(ours worked that way)

If you dont have kids you can work this to help you out. For example, he can look into a "Reverse mortgage" especially since your assets (like a house) still remain yours unless you decide to sell and go into LTC.
0 Replies