Tacky tattoo?

jcboy

Sat 2 Jul, 2011 05:31 am
Certain tattoos look hot on some guys but I just don’t get this one. My friend emails me a photo of his new tattoo and I was like WTF. He’s actually a really nice looking guy but I think his new tat is just hideous.

http://i953.photobucket.com/albums/ae16/Marne444/tattoo.jpg
Edit [Moderator]: Image converted to a link
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 6 • Views: 3,450 • Replies: 18
Topic Closed

chai2

Sat 2 Jul, 2011 10:53 am
@jcboy,
Yikes.

what is that? hieroglyphics or something?

Whatever it is, it's an entire chapter.
djjd62

Sat 2 Jul, 2011 11:01 am
i saw a very cute girl at the mall the other day who had a similar type tattoo on her side (she was sitting hunched over and her shirt had ridden up, the tattoo seemed to go up to just under her left breast, and probably somewhere around her butt (she was wearing shorts and it didn't show on her leg)), i'm not a big fan of stuff like that, but i remember thinking, "boy, i sure would like to read what's written there" Razz
0 Replies

jcboy

Sat 2 Jul, 2011 11:01 am
@chai2,
He told me what it meant but I kind of blocked it out, I’ll have to find out again once I’m over the shock LOL.
0 Replies

djjd62

Sat 2 Jul, 2011 11:06 am
Howard Stern used to have the guy who published Steppin' Out magazine on the show back in the terrestrial days

he had some quote tattooed on his back, and they asked to see it, he showed them, and they found that the quote was not only wrong, but as i recall at least one word was spelled wrong
0 Replies

jcboy

Sat 2 Jul, 2011 06:49 pm
HAHAHA I guess photobucket didn't like the image either Smile
0 Replies

msolga

Sat 2 Jul, 2011 11:02 pm
@jcboy,
I saw your photograph of the tatoo yesterday, before It was deemed to be unsuitable by Photobucket.

There certainly was a lot of text! (I assume it was text.)

I'll tell you whether I thought the tattoo was tacky or not when you can give us some feedback about the content, jcboy.
Who knows? It might have been one of the wisest statements of all time!

That said, even if it was the wisest statement of all time, the permanency of it seems the biggest problem to me. You don't necessarily want to wear the same image/message on your body for 50 years . You could consider it very uncool by then!
And so might others.
jcboy

Sun 3 Jul, 2011 05:27 am
@msolga,
Well in this photo he has clothes on LOL. I asked him again last night what the tat was and he said it’s a prayer from the rosetta stone.

http://i953.photobucket.com/albums/ae16/Marne444/tat5.jpg

Setanta

Sun 3 Jul, 2011 05:38 am
Bascially, you post stuff like this in the hope of shocking or disgusting people, as far as i can see. I'd say your motives are very childish. You're been doing silly stuff like this since you got here.
ehBeth

Sun 3 Jul, 2011 07:03 am
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:
My friend emails me a photo of his new tattoo

you must not have seen him in a while as that isn't fresh ink

he's got quite a way to go on the Rosetta Stone project

as much as I love ink, that's not a particularly good representation of the art form
0 Replies

msolga

Sun 3 Jul, 2011 07:26 am
@jcboy,
Quote:
I asked him again last night what the tat was and he said it’s a prayer from the rosetta stone.

That's a lot of hieroglyphics!
I hope he didn't get his back tattooed, too!
That could be over-doing things a wee bit! Smile
0 Replies

chai2

Sun 3 Jul, 2011 07:28 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Bascially, you post stuff like this in the hope of shocking or disgusting people, as far as i can see. I'd say your motives are very childish. You're been doing silly stuff like this since you got here.

Really?

I haven't seen jcboy post anything shocking or disgusting. Not always to my personal taste, like this tattoo, but never anything we haven't all seen before.

I think jcboy is, no insult to him intended, just hedonistic at this point in this life, and he fully realizes this.
He's young, handsome, fit and at this time lives amongst of group of people that highly prizes these attributes.

We're only young once. Not saying it's the most satisfying time of life, but hey, while you've got it, flaunt it.
Setanta

Sun 3 Jul, 2011 09:24 am
@chai2,
Well, we don't know who the person in the photo he uses is . . . it might be him and it might not. Recently, however, he has posted a photo of a very obsese woman in flimsy clothing, and made a point of saying it was see-through. He also started a thread about "lesbian breasts" (i was unaware that breasts have a sexual orientation), complete with pictures. So i consider this to be more than simply flaunting.
chai2

Sun 3 Jul, 2011 10:54 am
@Setanta,
I didn't think the obese woman was shocking, or the lesbian breasts.

I mean, those pictures weren't anything I don't see every day. A woman in a bathing suit top, and a fat woman wearing a sundress.
I guess he said those were lesbian breast, because they were the breasts of a woman that was at a gay pride event.

I don't know if the picture he uses as his avatar is him or not. It doesn't shock or disgust me either. Doesn't do anything for me, but I've never been one to find pictures of men arousing, if that was his intent.

He likes his avatar I guess, that's ok by me. I didn't know your avatar, if it's a picture of a person, was supposed to be you. I don't assume it is.

I guess my indifference to his pictures stems from the fact that jcboy reminds me very much of someone I associated with back in the 80's. It was the brother of an old bf, and they lived together. In fact when jcboy was talking about the white underwear party he was going to go to, I really laughed. That was so "Jim" In the same thread, jcboy also talked about a party he went to where everyone was "old", like over 50. That made me smile too, because Jim, the old bf and myself are all in our 50's now.

I felt like an elder statesman or something. Cool

Yes! We old people were once sexy and went to underwear parties, and had sleepovers with people we weren't married to! We were hot **** at one time too!

Hey, I like the age I'm at, don't want to go back in time. I don't think you do either, and I know ehbeth doesn't.
But the time for underwear parties, hard bodies, and making fun of less than perfect people is now for jcboy.

Personally, the 2 things I thought when I saw the first picture was "oh great, that picture had to be put in a link, to avoid offending anyone, even though it wasn't showing genitals, and is just showing the side of a man" and the 2nd was "boy that's a fugly tattoo."

Then again, I'm no fan of ink.

Setanta

Sun 3 Jul, 2011 10:57 am
@chai2,
You just like to argue for argument's sake, don't you. I didn't say they were shocking, i just said that this childish member posts things like that in the hope of shocking. I'm going to ignore the rest of your typical oral diarrhea.
chai2

Sun 3 Jul, 2011 11:30 am
@Setanta,
Laughing
0 Replies

ossobuco

Sun 3 Jul, 2011 05:50 pm
@chai2,
Agreeing, Chai. But I said that already on another thread. I'm enjoying jc's posts. I suppose I could get tired of hard bods all the time, but I'll wait and see. I tend towards liking some spongy avoirdupois, however you spell that. I like people's faces once they start wrinkling up. I'm really most interested in eyes, but never mind, it's a little late now.

Anyway, he's no empty brain.
So far, anyway, testing, testing..
Kidding, jc.
wmwcjr

Tue 19 Jul, 2011 06:03 pm
@ossobuco,
"Youth is wasted on the young." Laughing
0 Replies

oolongteasup

Tue 19 Jul, 2011 06:59 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:

Deny this corroborative evidence jacyboy, that bamboo has to go and what's with the single palm : get a clump, and those frangipani c'mon you're not even trying.

http://i953.photobucket.com/albums/ae16/Marne444/bam2.jpg?t=1306762819

0 Replies