Destruction for profit

Ruach

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2004 09:29 pm
The issue of new roads and industry moving into the Alaskan wilderness is a tragedy. This is our last pristine wilderness. I saw a show on public tv tonight which filmed the area that will be effected by the roads and industry. The land and waters and forests and wildlife are so remote and pristine it is hard to imagine the beauty of this land that has sat unused for millenia.

What can be done to STOP this tragedy?

This intrusion is all about profits. Businesses pushing, this agenda claim only 3% of the land will be used. Which they claim is 85,000 acres. But environmentalists claim it will destroy 200 million acres. Flattening the land and destroying river structures.
Crying or Very sad
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 771 • Replies: 3
No top replies

roger

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2004 01:03 am
Being skeptical of the propaganda put out by both sides of the issue, I'm going to have to withhold an opinion, but I love your new avatar.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2004 12:44 pm
Vote another president. This one cares not for pristine land but the oil underneath it, same as, he doesn't really care about Iraqis, just the oil their country produces.
0 Replies

Ruach

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2004 02:16 pm
Thanks rogert and ceilie for the replies.
Well we can click on some websites to save rainforests in other nations but our own nation has no click to save Alaska. Crying or Very sad

Propaganda aside. Mother nature usurps propaganda.
0 Replies