What are you by nationality

MuzikQueen79

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2004 03:09 pm
I am American and white and i have irish, english, scottish, french, german, and dutch in me.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2004 03:09 pm
I am from mostly everywhere, Sometimes I wish I wish I could go back there.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2004 03:11 pm
And then what would WE do, dys? Smile
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2004 03:16 pm
no matter where we go, there we are, doing what we do, being who we are. Right now I would like a grape pop-sicle.(or maybe banana)
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2004 03:23 pm
should mention that family lore has it, that our family has some GYPSY blood in the veins. the story was that some gypsies came through a german village and left some babies behind; the babies were adopted ... and the rest is folklore. went to see GYPSY last night. the queen's university students (music department) put on the musical. i just loved the music ... must be my gypsy blood starting to boil . hbg
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2004 03:28 pm
dyslexia wrote:
no matter where we go, there we are, doing what we do, being who we are. Right now I would like a grape pop-sicle.(or maybe banana)

No.. I think grape would be more suitable. You see, banana- by the nature of the fruit- is incessantly sweet; you want a popsicle with a bit of variety.

Imagine if your next fifty reincarnations would be as grape popsicles? I'd have to think about Grape popiscles' rights and feelings then! Aw well.

That's interesting, Hamburger; are there any direct relations with gypsy blood? If not, you should check up on the folklore...
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2004 03:32 pm
"If you want to bump it, bump it with a trumpet!"
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2004 03:32 pm
dyslexia wrote:

Ohhhhhh, I love banana pop-cicles. Hang on, I'll go out and grab us some. I haven't had one of those in years.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2004 03:35 pm
We don't have those over here. Thus we qualify for status as 'deprived,' though I often made my own.

There's a great exchange, Montana; your banana popsicles for my pepper-brie cheese.
0 Replies

Individual

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2004 03:37 pm
I'm from the US, but my ancestors come from all over...
I'm polish, lithuanian, irish, scottish, english, south african, vietnamese, cherokee, german, south american, australian, italian, french, danish, swedish... and possibly from canada, cuba, and greenland. I hope that's all...

Edited to add more countries
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2004 03:45 pm
... further to gypsy lore ... i haven't done any research on this. it was just a good yarn, i think. my brother, by the way, certainly did not look like a northern european at all. he had black hair, even when he got older, a fairly olive complexion and liked to be mistaken for a mexican . my grandfather was known to his friends (in germany) as GYPSY ; i think that was not because he looked like one, but because he was quite an entertaining fellow who loved to tell jokes, compliment the ladies (much to the distress of his rather dour wife) and had a "devil may care" attitude ! (perhaps that's what my mother was trying to warn my future wife of ... now i see the connection). hbg
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2004 03:49 pm
Since my mother was called 'gypsy' as well .... Laughing
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2004 03:53 pm
Wow. I love the idea of having gypsy blood. How exotic!
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2004 03:58 pm
walter : isn't that a lovely story ? i know that gypsies used to come around to tell the fortune to people willing to part with 20 pfennig. just before mrs. h and i left for canada, a gypsy woman called on mrs. h to tell her fortune ... lo and behold ! she knew that mrs.h was going to go on a long trip and that fame and fortune would be her companions always. even today we remember that incidence and think that the gypsy must have known something. it sure has made us laugh often ... 20 pfennig well spent, wouldn't you say ? hbg
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2004 04:34 pm
Actually, my grandfather called my mother first a gysy, not only because of her look (and her behaviour: she liked to "prowl around like a gysy"), but because some French "gysies" were on grandmother's ancestry (actually French Hugenots).
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2004 02:25 am
I notice that nearly all these mixed people are really American. I am English and that is so even though in addition to some Anglo-Saxon types with names like Aethelwold and Elfrida, there was a Portuguese, a Dane, a Sephardic Jew, and a couple of Irish great grandmothers (everyone i know has an Irish great grandmother, it seems to me) in the background. The English have always been a mongrel race.
British of course is a nationality, and can cover any ethnic origin possible, a catchall like American. Somehow that's qualitatively different from English, who are whitish (or pinko-grey, in reality) and have English surnames like Thompson and Wellbeloved!
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2004 03:11 am
I've got American and Serbian passports. My 'Merican family traces its roots to Russian Levites, and my Serbian family has a bit of Serbian gypsy blood. Weird thing is, I've never lived in either country I'm a citizen of. I've visited the States several times though, & me's just got back yesterday from my first visit to Serbia, since my sisters deserted me to go live there a while ago.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2004 03:33 am
dròm_et_rêve wrote:
We don't have those over here. Thus we qualify for status as 'deprived,' though I often made my own.

There's a great exchange, Montana; your banana popsicles for my pepper-brie cheese.

Now if that isn't a heck of a deal, I don't know what is :-)

Don't get too excited yet because I don't even know if we have them here. I never looked for them and the last time I had them was when I lived in Mass, so I'll get back to you on that.
0 Replies

Slomichizza

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2004 04:48 pm
I'm Polish! I immigrated to the U.S. when I was almost seven.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2004 02:40 am
I am a true blooded Indian - hot, spicy and exotic

Trying to induce some color in the brits by becoing a british national
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/19/2024 at 01:24:15