What are you by nationality

Rae

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2004 06:33 pm
American-Irish.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2004 06:41 pm
I know I've played sheepshead before, but I can't remember the rules.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2004 07:32 pm
Canajun. I brought a double deck of cards, in case any Canasta players show up.

hamburger used to like to play skat once in a while, i think. one of those childhood memories that i'm not really that clear on.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2004 07:44 pm
Ukrainian peasant heritage, now an Oz citizen.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2004 07:59 pm
American by birth.

southerner by choice and grace of God.

I'll just deal.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2004 08:05 pm
American, it's an epidemic!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2004 09:34 pm
Australian.

hate cards.

And beer.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2004 09:38 pm
Earthling.
0 Replies

Micha

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2004 09:48 pm
Hi Pokemoness =)

Geez, Im such a follower; Im American too. lol
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2004 10:11 pm
Earlier I joined the "American" club, but it just occurred to me that not long ago, that statement in practice was woefully inadequate. I was in Costa Rica, and was asked "De donde es?" by one of the locals I met. Happy to have finally understood a question in Spanish, I replied "Yo Americano", feeling just a little proud as I'd only been studying Spanish for 2 days. With a somewhat disdainful look on her face she replied "me too". Shocked Fortunately, I regrouped pretty quickly and said "Soy de los Estados Unidos" which brought out Betsabe's natural Smile . We spent hours togetherÂ… Anyway, I'm not sure the term "American", by itself, qualifies as a nationality. So considering I'm a mutt, I'm not sure how I should have answered Confused , but I like Edgar's answer. I'm an Earthling too. Cool
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2004 10:16 pm
Nicto barado
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2004 10:29 pm
I won't! I promise! :wink:
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2004 10:37 pm
Born in England of Irish parents, raised in Ireland, emigrated to the USA ... what does that make me?

I am a USA citizen:)
0 Replies

innie

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2004 11:08 pm
i am american... but i have irish and german blood in me
0 Replies

kirsten

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2004 11:17 pm
Born in the USA. Like it. Plan to stay.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2004 11:59 pm
Like you OCCUM, I realize that my original post is terribly inadequate. On the surface, and for all practical purposes, I'm an African-American, a proud Black sister, but I'm also part Creole which is a mix of French and African, some Spanish thrown in for heat, there's rumor of Italian, and that's only on my mother's side. On daddy's side, we've got Cherokee and God know's what else. But I'm an American by nationality, flying the flag in support of our troops and especially my stepdaughter in Iraq.
ALL POWER TO THE PEOPLE!
0 Replies

super7boi

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2004 01:12 am
mmm, what am I/
Well, I'm chinese, but most people think I'm mixed, white and asian, but my mom is from Shanghai and my dad is from the south so I get this kind of mixed result of Chinese, which is high cheekbones and ability to build muscle really quickly instead of having a crazy metabolism.

When people can't believe I'm full chinese, I tell them to go to shanghai, and 2 of my former bosses came back from Shanghai saying that they could have swore they saw me 2 million times. hehe, sometimes one's stereotypes of what is asian can be broken down....2 million times? helz yah.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2004 03:47 am
katya8 wrote:
That's so amazing!! My father used to play skat. I never knew what the game was about, but every once in a while either he or his partner would yell "skat!!" and win a bunch of money.

About Skat (with links to some other German card plays) look here:
WIKIPEDA: SKAT
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2004 06:59 am
Australian. Being adopted I've got no idea what my heritage is.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2004 03:03 pm
officially i am a NATURALIZED CANADIAN (i think that is the official version). can't shake off having been born and brought up a HAMBURGER however. don't think i've played skat since i left germany. we'd play all saturday night (a bunch of guys from the office - strictly a male enterprise in those days) and would catch the first streetcar going home on sunday morning - my mother wasn't very pleased with my antics. she warned the now mrs. hamburger not to put up with such nonsense and get a firm grip on me ! seems to have worked ! hbg. ... for the SKAT lover >>> www.pagat.com/schafk/skat.html
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/06/2024 at 04:42:47