Why Are Christians Concerned With Current Events

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2004 11:07 am
Didn't God GIVE dominion of the earth to Satan so that he could eventually, when the stench of this corrupt world reached Heaven, come back to Earth and rapture the faithful, throw Satan into the pit, and establish His kingdom on Earth? Isn't this the ENTIRE idea?

So we are on the brink of destuction. So we have wars, killings, abominations in the site of God....abortion, blashpemy, sodomy, etc. etc.

Isn't this Gods' clearly laid out plan for Satan and the world? Don't we, the worse things get, approach even closer to God's triumphant return?

What are we whining about?

Everything's right on schedule.

Are you "Christians" afraid Jesus is going to come back and take you to heaven?

I don't see much point in worrying about the way things are going if they're going according to a 2000 year old plan laid out in black and white, and if I was worried about it what could I do about it? Argue with God?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 998 • Replies: 11
No top replies

Acquiunk

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2004 11:15 am
Ok, but in the meantime your not supposed to have fun, you are supposed to suffer and repent. At least that's what I was taught, before I dumped the whole thing for science and godless humanism.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2004 11:19 am
No can do, acq old buddy, no can do. :wink:
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2004 11:35 am
I believe it was Mencken who wrote (and i hope someone will come along with an exact quote) that puritanism is the sneaking suspicion that someone somewhere is having fun.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2004 11:38 am
By the way, the religiously fervent point to "signs," wars, rumors of war, famine, flood, pestilence . . . my question is how anyone could reasonably assert that there is a significant quantative increase in such woes--these have always been with us. If anything, the human race is much better off than it was 2000 years ago.
0 Replies

Ruach

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2004 11:32 pm
Bi-Polar bear,
Quote:
Didn't God GIVE dominion of the earth to Satan

Quote:
Luke 4: [6] And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is *delivered* unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it
Quote:
Rev 12: for the accuser [satan] Twisted Evil of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

Since satan is our accuser and says things to God like; "test this man or this woman, if you let this happen to them they would turn from you and curse your name."
God only allows satan so much leverage. Because it is the desire of satan that all die unsaved.

I like watching Revelation unfold. It is a time like no other time in time on earth.
Very Happy

Since every generation has thought that theirs was the generation for the triumphant return of Christ, one of us is going to be the generation that will still be alive and see him descending from Heaven. Studying the end of the age signs , the critical sign that we , now, could be THE generation.

But, your point is so well taken. It is just knowledge and we should keep our eyes on Jesus.

Quote:
Romans 13: 11 And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.

Each persons salvation is as close as their death is. Because when you die and lay in the grave, the next conscious thing that will happen to you is resurrection to judgment.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2004 12:19 am
I don't worry about much and also question - about praying for peace - and that get's me in many a discussion with fellow believers.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2004 04:27 am
Ruach wrote:
Bi-Polar bear,
Quote:
Didn't God GIVE dominion of the earth to Satan

Quote:
Luke 4: [6] And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is *delivered* unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it
Quote:
Rev 12: for the accuser [satan] Twisted Evil of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

Since satan is our accuser and says things to God like; "test this man or this woman, if you let this happen to them they would turn from you and curse your name."
God only allows satan so much leverage. Because it is the desire of satan that all die unsaved.

I like watching Revelation unfold. It is a time like no other time in time on earth.
Very Happy

Since every generation has thought that theirs was the generation for the triumphant return of Christ, one of us is going to be the generation that will still be alive and see him descending from Heaven. Studying the end of the age signs , the critical sign that we , now, could be THE generation.

But, your point is so well taken. It is just knowledge and we should keep our eyes on Jesus.

Quote:
Romans 13: 11 And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.

Each persons salvation is as close as their death is. Because when you die and lay in the grave, the next conscious thing that will happen to you is resurrection to judgment.

Why do you religious people want to guess there is a God -- then guess the God is loving -- and then guess he is the piece of garbage described in the Bible?
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2004 04:56 am
The first guy to claim he was Jesus was crucified at a time when plenty of people were willing to believe in a messiah. Could you imagine anyone saying in this day and age "I'm Jesus, the saviour". He'd be locked in a mental house.

Maybe he's already there!!!! Laughing
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2004 09:39 am
Wilso wrote:
The first guy to claim he was Jesus was crucified at a time when plenty of people were willing to believe in a messiah. Could you imagine anyone saying in this day and age "I'm Jesus, the saviour". He'd be locked in a mental house.

Maybe he's already there!!!! Laughing

Or perhaps he's been ensconced in the White House, I can't wait to read the revelation to St. John (Ashcroft ) The Divine......
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2004 10:56 pm
Well the current resident claims he's got a direct line!
0 Replies

lost my calgon

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2004 04:00 pm
Bi-polar....
I absolutely agree! It ticks me off these people that march protests against every war. War is enevitable and is a gory process that must take place for the Lord to come again!!!!!!!!!!!
I liked your point about taking the arguement up with God............lets see them take their signs and protest at the golden gates Laughing
0 Replies