What is the meaning of J.D. Salinger's short story, Teddy

Reply Sun 29 May, 2011 06:00 pm
J.D. Salinger

Ragman

Reply Sun 29 May, 2011 06:12 pm
@Tifinden,
After you've read it, perhaps you can tell us. After all, it's YOUR homework assignment, right?
Tifinden

Reply Sun 29 May, 2011 07:14 pm
@Ragman,
Incorrect, although of course this assumption is the most obvious- pardon myself for the rather equivocal and uninformative, nondescript prompt- firstly, I have been indulging in the most emminent caliber of literature for quite some time now, and therefore fully comprehend Teddy in my own manner, yet I was merely attempting to receive a new dimension to my opinion regarding the short story- I am an erudite, academically scrupulous, and successful student who would not risk my reputation so promptly or in such an inferior manner. Please, answer the prompt, the above being all veritable. Unless of course, it may be thematically too recondite for your comprehension.
Tifinden

Reply Sun 29 May, 2011 07:16 pm
@Ragman,
I've already read it, as well, thank you quite dearly:)
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sun 29 May, 2011 07:24 pm
@Tifinden,
Wow, you know a lot of big words.

You first. Tell us what you think the meaning is.
contrex

Reply Mon 30 May, 2011 12:48 am
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:
Wow, you know a lot of big words.

Maybe he'll find out how to use them properly one day.
hamilton

Reply Mon 30 May, 2011 09:35 am
@Tifinden,
Tifinden wrote:

Incorrect, although of course this assumption is the most obvious- pardon myself for the rather equivocal and uninformative, nondescript prompt- firstly, I have been indulging in the most emminent caliber of literature for quite some time now, and therefore fully comprehend Teddy in my own manner, yet I was merely attempting to receive a new dimension to my opinion regarding the short story- I am an erudite, academically scrupulous, and successful student who would not risk my reputation so promptly or in such an inferior manner. Please, answer the prompt, the above being all veritable. Unless of course, it may be thematically too recondite for your comprehension.

pfft!
Tifinden

Reply Mon 30 May, 2011 02:08 pm
@hamilton,
It's really ok, Hamilton. Pity, though, since you haven't even read any of Salinger's works, I recommend Catcher in the Rye, or Franny and Zooey. However, as you have not yet delved into this eminence of literature, perhaps you should void your participation in this mature forum. Goodbye....
Cyracuz

Reply Mon 30 May, 2011 03:05 pm
@Tifinden,
I do believe that common courtesy dictates, in such events as the above, where one makes inquiries towards subjective interpretations of any kind of literature, that the inquirer should feel obliged to answer his own question first, lest the recipients of the question feel they are being led into an intellectual snare set by fellow with a rather dubious motivation for asking in the first place. Wink
0 Replies

hamilton

Reply Mon 30 May, 2011 04:56 pm
@Tifinden,
Tifinden wrote:

It's really ok, Hamilton. Pity, though, since you haven't even read any of Salinger's works, I recommend Catcher in the Rye, or Franny and Zooey. However, as you have not yet delved into this eminence of literature, perhaps you should void your participation in this mature forum. Goodbye....
and it really is quite rude to make such assumptions such as that. oh well, at least you stopped thinking my name is Noah. sometimes i really wonder about your judgment...
Tifinden

Reply Mon 30 May, 2011 06:10 pm
@contrex,
Would you care to demonstrate your eloquent linguistic flamboyance, or do the adequate components of your language, presumable English, so deceitfully and guilefully evade you? Please, enlighten us with your scintillating intelligence, I will be relishing rapturous days of convalescence.
Tifinden

Reply Mon 30 May, 2011 06:14 pm
@hamilton,
Hamilton,bplease don't be so naive, it astounds me. You have not read any of Salinger's books, or compilations, for when I even mentioned the name, you acted as though to be confounded, honestly, don't attempt to persuade anyone here to believe you are read in the works of Salinger- shamefully, at your age, you are not!!-have wonderful evening- perhaps reading- works other than Salinger.
Tifinden

Reply Mon 30 May, 2011 06:16 pm
@hamilton,
Judgement, a foreign obstacle for you to overcome- wonderful Hamilton, quite comic really!
0 Replies

Tifinden

Reply Mon 30 May, 2011 06:18 pm
@Tifinden,
So far, no discussion has been begun- therefore it will be slightly difficult to provide my own opinion- I already own my views, I merely wish to hear of the variant opinions of the masses- stop staunching the ebbing flow of philosophical and fractious writing which should accompany...
hamilton

Reply Mon 30 May, 2011 06:34 pm
@Tifinden,
Tifinden wrote:

Hamilton,bplease don't be so naive, it astounds me. You have not read any of Salinger's books, or compilations, for when I even mentioned the name, you acted as though to be confounded, honestly, don't attempt to persuade anyone here to believe you are read in the works of Salinger- shamefully, at your age, you are not!!-have wonderful evening- perhaps reading- works other than Salinger.

what makes you think you know me? i dont know you, and i dont know why you keep making things up about my age.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Mon 30 May, 2011 08:06 pm
This thread smells bad
roger

Reply Mon 30 May, 2011 08:18 pm
@Tifinden,
I would also find it difficult to provide an opinion if I didn't have one.
0 Replies

hamilton

Reply Tue 31 May, 2011 06:03 am
@Cyracuz,
like bs and garbage...
0 Replies

thefunnyman

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2011 06:34 am
@Tifinden,
My silly Brother.
hamilton

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2011 09:37 am