My girlfriend wants to work at an objectifying store.

The-one

Reply Wed 25 May, 2011 10:09 am
Is that fine? She got an interview and the manager told her that she has to dress to represent them. But wtf does this mean "represent". They want her to dress slutty because that's what this company represents. Sex sells and she doesn't seem to understand that. She doesn't get the idea that wearing make-up and dressing in high heels is just how society represent women (as sexual object).

I tried to explain it to her but she keeps on saying she "gets it but still likes wearing make-up..."
I know its hard for her to understand that since this is how the world is. I don't want her to work there and look like a sex doll.
What should I do?
Please, don't answer the question if you're a dumb girl who thinks that wearing high heels and lots of makeup is not objectifying women, please don't even waste your time answering.

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 25 May, 2011 10:15 am
@The-one,
Quote:

Please, don't answer the question if you're a dumb girl who thinks that wearing high heels and lots of makeup is not objectifying women, please don't even waste your time answering.

Laughing

Yeah, you dumb girls who might disagree with him, keep your opinions to yourself!

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 25 May, 2011 10:25 am
@The-one,
Are you being honest with yourself here, seriously? Maybe you are not so worried about her being "objectified" than you are about her being "hit on" by other men?
0 Replies

Old Goat

Reply Wed 25 May, 2011 10:40 am
As a fat, balding octogenarian male who likes to frequently wear make up and high heels, I can tell you now that I never, ever get hit on, so I don't think you have anything to worry about.
Butrflynet

Reply Wed 25 May, 2011 11:35 am
@The-one,
The screen name you chose says a whole lot more about the situation than your post could ever attempt to convey.

I hope your girlfriend has the inner strength to tell you it is none of your business and that she'll make her own choices as to what she wears to her place of employment.

0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 25 May, 2011 11:40 am
@The-one,
The-one wrote:
if you're a dumb girl who thinks that wearing high heels and lots of makeup is not objectifying women,

did you tell your girlfriend that she's a dumb girl?

0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Wed 25 May, 2011 11:58 am
Many jobs require a dress code, some even require make-up such as female flight attendants, who must also wear heels and hose.
Most women don't wear any of these items to be objectified, they wear them because they like to, it is their preference. If you object, perhaps you might look into sharia and perhaps moving to a country that supports your backward thinking.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Wed 25 May, 2011 12:19 pm
@The-one,
The-one wrote:
She doesn't get the idea that wearing make-up and dressing in high heels is just how society represent women (as sexual object).

Is that all she would be wearing? Because then I could see your point. Otherwise it sounds pretty tame.

Perhaps you could help her find a job where she would be expected to dress in a burlap sack and wear old tissue boxes on her feet. That would be hot!
0 Replies

Old Goat

Reply Wed 25 May, 2011 12:40 pm
Customer: I'd like to purchase an objectifier please.
Assistant: We don't sell objectifiers, Sir. Sorry.

C: But this is an objectifying store, isn't it?
A: Yes sir, but that just means that us girls show off our hooters.

C: I'll have one of those then please. A car one if you will.
A: No Sir, what I mean to say is that the management want us to keep the customers happy by displaying our bodies.

C: OK, I'll have one of those. My son is studying to be a doctor and it'll come in handy.
A: No Sir, let me expain it a bit more. Look closely and you will see that I am showing you a nice bit of leg.

C: Well thats' no good, I'm a vegan with Capricorn rising. Do you have any fruit?
A: I have some lovely melons Sir.......
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 25 May, 2011 12:40 pm
@Old Goat,
What about that time in Tuscany, in your mankini?
0 Replies

Old Goat

Reply Wed 25 May, 2011 02:25 pm
Of course, in Britain, we wouldn't dream of objectifying women.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-r28Mx0quM&feature=related
Arella Mae

Reply Wed 25 May, 2011 03:11 pm
@Old Goat,
Reminds me of one of my favorite shows, "Are You Being Served?" I haven't seen that show in I don't know how long but I loved it.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 25 May, 2011 03:19 pm
Mrs. Slocombe usually had a story about her pussy every other episode . . .

. . . meaning her cat, of course . . .
Gargamel

Reply Wed 25 May, 2011 03:59 pm
I will dare to side with the minority, here.

Look, I'm no stranger to my local Hooters. After a long day at the office I'll unwind with a few or eleven beers and a basket of curly fries, occasionally glancing away from the television to size up the other Assistant Mid-Regional Managers sitting alone at the tables around me. If you think those mildly, conventionally attractive waitresses, in their skimpy outfits and, um, makeupy makeup, are safe from our sluggish, middle-age libidos, think again.

For as attractive as those ladies may be, we the clientele are no slouches. We may be balding and estranged from our children, but we are irresistible. I'll get to the point: dudes who hang out at places where ladies sell the suggestion of sex get laid all the time.

You'd better watch your girl, my friend.
Arella Mae

Reply Wed 25 May, 2011 06:23 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Mrs. Slocombe usually had a story about her pussy every other episode . . .

. . . meaning her cat, of course . . .
I got the biggest kick out of that show. She always had different colored hair too. What a woman! Wonder if I can find any episodes on the net?
Setanta

Reply Wed 25 May, 2011 07:07 pm
I found this site for episodes of the show. I didn't take the time to look at any episodes, so i can't say how good it is.
0 Replies

Old Goat

Reply Wed 25 May, 2011 11:38 pm
@Arella Mae,
There's a stack of it on youtube.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-XJbOUNfa4
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 26 May, 2011 12:21 am
@The-one,
Quote:
I know its hard for her to understand that since this is how the world is. I don't want her to work there and look like a sex doll.
What should I do?
You are such an idiot....dressing like a slut is going to make her feel like a slut more often, and you get the benefits.....what are you complaining about? If you seriously have a problem with females as sex objects then do the world a favor and stick with the ugly girls, leave the pretty ones to those of us who can properly appreciate them.
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 26 May, 2011 12:24 am
@Gargamel,
Quote:
I'll get to the point: dudes who hang out at places where ladies sell the suggestion of sex get laid all the time.

You'd better watch your girl, my friend
and sluts who bang a lot of guys are the most fun in bed, so what exactly is the down side for our friend?
Gargamel

Reply Thu 26 May, 2011 08:44 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:
I'll get to the point: dudes who hang out at places where ladies sell the suggestion of sex get laid all the time.

You'd better watch your girl, my friend
and sluts who bang a lot of guys are the most fun in bed, so what exactly is the down side for our friend?

None at all--if he has absolutely no sense of irony, that is.
0 Replies