13
   

My girlfriend wants to work at an objectifying store.

 
 
izzythepush
 
  1  
Reply Thu 26 May, 2011 02:22 pm
@Old Goat,
Don't you find it really depressing? You show them The Fast Show, they talk about Are You Being Served.

If you want to see a British sitcom set in a shop. Don't watch that, watch this.

Ionus
 
  1  
Reply Thu 26 May, 2011 08:10 pm
Quote:
My girlfriend wants to work at an objectifying store.

I dont wear high heels and make-up but women still undress me with their eyes . I hate being objectionable....objectioning....objectivity . And who came up with the stupid idea of storing all the good looking women ? It wasnt me, thats for sure !
0 Replies
 
Arella Mae
 
  1  
Reply Fri 27 May, 2011 10:02 am
Setanta and Old Goat..................ty ty ty ty! I have a three day weekend coming up but Johnny has to work so I shall be catching up!
0 Replies
 
Arella Mae
 
  2  
Reply Fri 27 May, 2011 10:05 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:
I know its hard for her to understand that since this is how the world is. I don't want her to work there and look like a sex doll.
What should I do?
You are such an idiot....dressing like a slut is going to make her feel like a slut more often, and you get the benefits.....what are you complaining about? If you seriously have a problem with females as sex objects then do the world a favor and stick with the ugly girls, leave the pretty ones to those of us who can properly appreciate them.
If YOU lower her to a sex object then it is YOU that has no appreciation.
Ionus
 
  2  
Reply Fri 27 May, 2011 07:44 pm
@Arella Mae,
The whole sex object thing is pushed by ugly women...of course they dont want good looking women treated as sex objects, they want criteria where they get a piece of the action too .
hawkeye10
 
  1  
Reply Fri 27 May, 2011 07:51 pm
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

The whole sex object thing is pushed by ugly women...of course they dont want good looking women treated as sex objects, they want criteria where they get a piece of the action too .
It is more complicated than that...I have often heard good looking women whine "but I dont think you want me for the right reasons!" AKA for her brains and personality rather than because she is a hot piece of ass. My response is always " I want you, that is either good enough for you are it is not". They tend to come around after pouting for a spell.

EDIT: this reminds me of Spendius's claim that if we would just leave women alone we would have them eating out of out hands.....there might be something to his assertion.
0 Replies
 
Joe Nation
 
  2  
Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2011 05:46 am
@izzythepush,
We, the ones over here in the New World, haven't any idea who you Englanders, United Kingdomites, Britatarians, Rotarians -whatever- are. It's like we are at opposite ends of a mile long sewer pipe yelling messages at each other. We can sort of sort out what you are saying, but we don't know why either of us are making the effort.
Um. Is this where I'm supposed to say "Cheers."
==
On topic - People who make themselves look good get hit on, but there is no reason to believe that the questioner's girl friend will swing at every pitch.

Joe(Of course, she hasn't met me yet.)Nation
BDV
 
  1  
Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2011 09:37 am
I can see that relationship lasting along time
0 Replies
 
izzythepush
 
  1  
Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2011 10:20 am
@Joe Nation,
The one should be grateful she hasn't met you yet. That doesn't alter the fact that 'Black Books' is a hilarious comedy, and 'Are you being served is best forgotten.
ehBeth
 
  0  
Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2011 11:28 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
'Are you being served is best forgotten.


oh dear.

I'd quite liked your posts in the past.
izzythepush
 
  1  
Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2011 12:16 pm
@ehBeth,
I'm sorry, but we're going to have to disagree on this one, I think it's dreadful. One reason I think it might be funnier your side of the pond is because of Mrs. Slocombes' pussy. Over here pussy normally means a cat, it does have the other meaning as well, but it's not generally used. By the same token I always roar with laughter when I hear Americans use the word fanny, even though I know what they mean when they use it. Maybe it's just the schoolboy in me.

Honestly though we have so many comedies that are so much better. Black Books, Blackadder, Father Ted (Irish, but made with British money) the IT crowd. Try looking for them on You Tube. I'm sure you won't be disappointed.
Arella Mae
 
  1  
Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2011 02:34 pm
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

The whole sex object thing is pushed by ugly women...of course they dont want good looking women treated as sex objects, they want criteria where they get a piece of the action too .
You really are pretty twisted in your thinking. I am not ugly and I don't think anyone should be treated like any kind of sex object. From your past posts on A2K I really don't think you have much respect for anyone, especially women and certainly not much self-respect or you wouldn't post some of the stuff you do.
hawkeye10
 
  1  
Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2011 03:32 pm
@Arella Mae,
Quote:
I don't think anyone should be treated like any kind of sex object
Living your own life and not other peoples too seems to be a big problem for you...The fact that so much money is spent by women to improve their sex object marketability proves that most people dont agree with you. They may well claim differently, but what women do counts a lot more than does what women say.
ehBeth
 
  0  
Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2011 03:39 pm
@izzythepush,
Father Ted, Blackadder etc are also much loved, but Are you being served? was special. Something sweetly innocent and reminiscent of what we imagine the good old days to have been like.

References to Young Mr. Grace always made me happy as a kid.
0 Replies
 
Ionus
 
  -2  
Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2011 05:05 pm
@Arella Mae,
Quote:
I am not ugly
Your opinion doesnt count . Are you good looking enough to be a sex object ? If you arent then it is understandable that you dont like competition .

So male and female homosexuals, male and female models, in fact no-one wants to be treated like a sex object ? Not even porno stars . Have you ever seen a porno ?

Because the Libbies speak for everyone we will not have sex objects.....Do you drive past any billboards, watch TV, a movie every now and then where the actors are good looking.....

Have you ever seen any advertisements that appeal to sex ? Are there any women's magazines like Cleo that have centre folds of men ? What about homosexual mags ? Do they explore the depths of the human intellect with philosophical discussions or do they just show pictures of naked people ?

Just because you have turned off sex doesnt mean everyone has . In your prime, would you have had sex with a short overweight homeless man you found in the gutter or did you tastes tend more towards the physical ?

I really dont think you understand anything that is not according to your wishes . You clearly live in some delusional world where some women can turn off sex and everyone else will wait for them to be re-energised . Your fear of being ugly is making you say ridiculous things .
Ionus
 
  -1  
Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2011 05:14 pm
@hawkeye10,
I like the way men are blamed for women being sex objects . It seems they are not dressing to beat the competition they are forced to do things they dont want to do . Fear of competition makes people do and say weird things . The sex act is all about being a sex object . These are the emotions we have for mating . To deny them is silly .

Hippies tried that to level the playing field . Women !! Dont shave under your armpits or your legs . I am sure some man will feel sorry for you . Where are they now ? Having been fucked by every unwashed, under achieving, brain dead druggie they have gone back to shaving to make themselves look better .
hawkeye10
 
  1  
Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2011 05:25 pm
@Ionus,
Quote:
I like the way men are blamed for women being sex objects
How women feel is always the fault of the man, you know that. women did not get to the point of the assumption that they are first and foremost victims of men by taking responsibility for their feelings and actions.
0 Replies
 
Arella Mae
 
  2  
Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2011 07:33 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:
I don't think anyone should be treated like any kind of sex object
Living your own life and not other peoples too seems to be a big problem for you...The fact that so much money is spent by women to improve their sex object marketability proves that most people dont agree with you. They may well claim differently, but what women do counts a lot more than does what women say.
I see how it is. YOU are entitled to your opinion but if I state mine then I am living other people's lives?
Arella Mae
 
  0  
Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2011 07:35 pm
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

Quote:
I am not ugly
Your opinion doesnt count . Are you good looking enough to be a sex object ? If you arent then it is understandable that you dont like competition .

So male and female homosexuals, male and female models, in fact no-one wants to be treated like a sex object ? Not even porno stars . Have you ever seen a porno ?

Because the Libbies speak for everyone we will not have sex objects.....Do you drive past any billboards, watch TV, a movie every now and then where the actors are good looking.....

Have you ever seen any advertisements that appeal to sex ? Are there any women's magazines like Cleo that have centre folds of men ? What about homosexual mags ? Do they explore the depths of the human intellect with philosophical discussions or do they just show pictures of naked people ?

Just because you have turned off sex doesnt mean everyone has . In your prime, would you have had sex with a short overweight homeless man you found in the gutter or did you tastes tend more towards the physical ?

I really dont think you understand anything that is not according to your wishes . You clearly live in some delusional world where some women can turn off sex and everyone else will wait for them to be re-energised . Your fear of being ugly is making you say ridiculous things .
My opinion doesn't count? And just who are you to decide whose opinion counts or not? I have just as much right as you do to state my opinion. You make quite a few assumptions Ionus. None of them, in MY OPINION (which counts to me) ARE WORTH ADDRESSING.
hawkeye10
 
  1  
Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2011 09:33 pm
@Arella Mae,
Quote:
I see how it is. YOU are entitled to your opinion but if I state mine then I am living other people's lives?
My opinion generally revolves around "leave people the **** alone, trust them to do what they need to do as they trust you to do what you need to do".
 

Related Topics

 
Copyright © 2022 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/19/2022 at 03:04:24