best meal you've ever had.

Ionus

Reply Mon 30 May, 2011 06:03 pm
@hamilton,
Alligators are only found in Southern Florida and the Southern USA. It was crocodile and it is somewhat unique but I thought if you had to equate it to something it was like snake which many have said tastes like chicken . Personally I thought crocodile tastes like crocodile and snake tastes like snake and chicken tastes like chicken....but they are all firm white meat and are not unpleasant to taste .

Edit : crocodile meat looks white but is technically sold as a red meat .
hamilton

Reply Mon 30 May, 2011 06:09 pm
@Ionus,
hmmm... thats interesting. youve had snake meat???
Ionus

Reply Tue 31 May, 2011 05:54 am
@hamilton,
Yes. But I would have preferred it to be a bit more cooked at the time . Someone told me it dries out a bit more if you cook it properly . Everyone reckons it then tastes a little like chicken...I'm not so sure .
hamilton

Reply Tue 31 May, 2011 05:58 am
@Ionus,
wow. its really interesting hearing about australian food... you know whats a great kind of food? home made breakfast crepes!
Ionus

Reply Tue 31 May, 2011 06:06 am
@hamilton,
I had a friend who visited some distance relatives in the South and they ate more for breakfast then we do all day.....flap jacks with corn syrup and eggs and bacon and etc.... a huge meal . Of course not everyone in the USA or even the South eats like that, but I don't think you would find anyone here who would have such a large breakfast . We like to stagger out of bed, have some toast or cereal and a cuppa . I have heard from various POMs that we eat larger portions than they do ...
hamilton

Reply Tue 31 May, 2011 06:09 am
@Ionus,
(impressed whistle)... that sounds pretty good. i like to make my crepes with nutella wrapped inside, or jam, or just maple syrup poured on it. slice o heaven...
0 Replies

saab

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2011 03:01 am
@Ionus,
Ionus,
I have not diabetes, I am not overweight and I do not exercise very much, but I have a very active daily life.
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2011 03:20 am
Best overall experience: Cafe Roka Bisbee Arizona on a Friday night with the jazz trio playing by the front door. Pre dinner drinks, two bottles of wine, App, Dinner and desert. The perfect combination of atmosphere/food/serivce. Did this a half dozen times

Best atmosphere: The Gasthaus next to the Perlacher Forest Housing area Munich on a warm summer evening, with lot of friends, two maases in.

Best Food/ best service: Le Gourmand Ballard Washington any of the dozen times I have been there.

Best wine flight: Rovers Seattle Wa
hamilton

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2011 06:04 am
@hawkeye10,
mmmmm...
0 Replies

hamilton

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2011 06:05 am
@saab,
its ok, saab. im sure he was just kidding.
Ionus

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2011 08:14 am
@saab,
Have you ever taken a course of worm tablets ? That may be the problem...you should be able to sleep without waking up hungry .
Ionus

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2011 08:14 am
@hamilton,
Quote:
its ok, saab. im sure he was just kidding.
No, I was seriously trying to help . I got along quite well with saab on other threads .
0 Replies

saab

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2011 09:17 am
@hamilton,
I get along with Ionus - I think I know when he is kidding and when he is helpful.
0 Replies

saab

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2011 09:21 am
@Ionus,
No worms.
When I was a baby my father said he could set the clocks according to when I was hungry. I am still that way - almost anyway
hamilton

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2011 05:25 pm
@saab,
me, im always hungry. when im bored i eat, when i eat a snack, i wont stop. i just eat and read. yet remain thin as a stick. (gotta love that swimming!)
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2011 05:55 pm
@saab,
Then I think we have to admit you have a very healthy digestive system . Your ability to process food is typical of the young and very fit who sometimes get digestion down to under an hour whereas most of us are lucky to have an empty stomach bag after 2-3 hours .

There is a unique nerve that runs from the stomach to the brain without going via the spinal column . No one knows exactly what it does, but it is believed to have something to do with very primitive digestion . I suppose it is possible it is involved in some way .

The basic idea of medicine is if it isnt a big problem dont fix it . Bon appetite ! Very Happy
hamilton

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2011 05:56 pm
@Ionus,
do you have any favorite recipes?
Ionus

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2011 06:03 pm
@hamilton,
I have favourite dishes, but with 5 males in the house we cut cooking down to a minimum . Open the jar, poor it over the meat and veges, stir whilst heating .

I am fond of curries, goulash, steak, pizza, spaghetti bolognaise, lasagne, salad rolls, and corn flakes .

Oh and a special little dish that was Napoleons favourite meal . Onions and potatoes fried in a minimum of olive oil with salt and pepper .
hamilton

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2011 06:09 pm
@Ionus,
wow! that sounds gourmet! that onion and potato one sounds real good.
0 Replies

saab

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2011 12:10 am
@Ionus,
Fried onions and potatoes are very good. I usually add left over meat, prunes and mushrooms.
I prefer to use raw potatoes not pre cooked. It takes longer time, but taste better.

PS to Ionus
I am what you would call " little old lady" but still working freelance.