is the pledge unconstitutional?

Fido

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2011 01:22 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

As you're fond of pointing out, that won't do you any good if you don't understand the significance of what you're reading. The drivel you post here suggests to me that you won't.

Your little jibe about how i "sign" my posts doesn't work, because of the way i wrote my last post, proving once again that you are an . . .

Idiot.
Clearly you do not know the meaning, or the significance of the word: Idiot... Why not pull out your Greek/English dictionary and tell me, so I won't have to tell you...

Seriously, Setanta... You should consider your words.... Significance is what I am better at than you, and facts are what you are better at than myself... You don't have to see a deer to know if there are deer in your woods.... I mean you may have to see the deer to know the deer, but much of what people grasp from life is grasped with little evidence and much insight... You see some tracks and you have your beast... We conceive of the object by pattern recognition; signs... I see patterns where others do not, but then, when I hunted I was better at hunting than many others... When I was younger I could walk right up to a deer, or have them walk right up to me while I stood in plain sight... I don't like to kill, and I haven't got the life for it, but if it becomes necessary for my survival I know I can do it...

You are wrong about me in many respects... Significance comes easy for me... I can see where others, like Nietzsche for example, jumped to conclusion based upon certain patterns that were obvious, but can be seen at a later date to be wrong.... I am not afraid to be wrong... If Kant is correct, that knowledge is judgment, then when I know enough to judge I will judge, and based upon the depth of my knowledge I will be right or wrong, but I will not stay wrong out of a pig headed personality...
Setanta

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2011 03:20 pm
@Fido,
The evidence i see here is that you are not better than anybody here at anything. Your conceit is amazing. Especially coming from someone who is an . . .

Idiot.
Fido

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2011 03:32 pm
@Setanta,
Yardbird!!!
Cack a doodle do to you...
Fido

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2011 04:03 pm
@Fido,
Setanta's a chicken... He is afraid the old dog with all his dusty books for company might know something he don't know, or think better than he thinks with his rotton attitude ready to spit shine the world at a moment's notice... Come out and play little chicken... Strut your stuff... Show me what you know, or stay in the hen house...

Hope nobody don't minds ifs I talks to myself...
Setanta

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2011 04:09 pm
@Fido,
I don't mind who you babble at, as long as it's not me. Your conceit really is hilarious. Do you really think you're so important that i'd sit around all afternoon just waiting for another opportunity to tell you that you're an . . .

Idiot.
Fido

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2011 04:26 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

I don't mind who you babble at, as long as it's not me. Your conceit really is hilarious. Do you really think you're so important that i'd sit around all afternoon just waiting for another opportunity to tell you that you're an . . .

Idiot.
I have admitted you know something, which is more than I will say for most on this site or any other... And I have admitted that all my education has come from books and life, which is to say I am uneducated... Where besides up your ass do you see me saying I am conceited, or have anything to be conceited about??? Knowledge is a group effort... Maybe I need you to each me how to spell... Maybe some insignificant detail you know will complete for me some jigsaw view of a certain day or place... Who knows... The fact is that I should be scared of you, and don't get why you are scared of me... Quit being a chicken... Grow up and be a man, or what ever you are supposed to be... And if that is what you already is, then stay skeered, and stay hid... The truth is the truth is the truth... It is just like justice or liberty or any of those moral forms... What it is to one side it is to the other...
Setanta

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2011 04:31 pm
@Fido,
I have no idea where you came up with this fantasy about me being afraid of you. There is a lot about you to evoke pathos, but nothing to inspre fear.

When you tell me how well you understand things, when you puke up that tripe about "inspired" thinking, that "significance" is what you are better at than i am, that is conceit. I'm not surprised, however, that you don't understand that, given that you are an . . .

Idiot.
Fido

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2011 07:25 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

I have no idea where you came up with this fantasy about me being afraid of you. There is a lot about you to evoke pathos, but nothing to inspre fear.

When you tell me how well you understand things, when you puke up that tripe about "inspired" thinking, that "significance" is what you are better at than i am, that is conceit. I'm not surprised, however, that you don't understand that, given that you are an . . .

Idiot.
You seem like you know a lot, and are well educated; but the way you snipe at people who do not know, or have their facts incorrect makes me think you doubt your own knowledge, and fear to have your own weakness exposed... To me, that is what it is all about -because at this late period of my life I will never be able to let my ideas hang fire in an institution of higher learning... I need others to show me my weakness, or strengths, for that matter...

I am like Iron, but not pig iron or cast... I am wrought and the working of it makes it stronger, and it is for that reason that Eiffel used it in many bridges standing yet today... If, for example, you bend a nail, you can never get it straight... If it was stronger before, it is harder after being bent, and you may work harden it in trying to straighten it, but unless you start over, and reheat it, and reshape it, and carfully cool it, all you have done with the metal is give it a new ultimate strength... I do not worry about getting bent in the process of being made stronger... Life is a crooked path, and I am a crooked man, and education is a crooked process...

What ever drives you to know, I think that you want the process of learning to leave you and your personality -untouched... I do not... When you call me an idiot you hurt my feelings, and touch me where I am already hurt... I have always had difficulty learning, and spent a great part of my early life fearing I was retarded... But, I know better... I have re-built transmissions, and carburtors, and engines with no better coach than a how to book... I can fix any part of my house, from the carpentry, drywall, windows, plumbing, electrical and etc... I have read on many subjects and conversed with some pretty well educated people on many of them... I tested well for IQ, and apptitude, but education is a slow process for me if for no better reason than that I process verbal information slowly... The most efficient method of education for me is the one I use, and that is reading, and my interests are varied and insatiable...

If I let my insecurities scare me I would be stopped... I am all insecurities... And I live with that, and take it as a natural consequence of having some grasp of my own ignorance and want of education... What ever is your level of education, I think you are far more insecure about it than I am about mine... For all I know, your education may be your meat and meal... For me, knowledge is just frosting on the cake of life, pure luxury, far more than I could ever afford at the price of a few dollars and a little time... It is sweat equity... I get out more than I put in...

Yes, I am inspired and insightful, and no conceit intended, but simple fact... And you are clearly good at searching out the exact fact... I might be too, if I sooner saw their value, but I do not... If I see a similarity with the Greeks in their society to the Romans in their society, and see we are going down the same path as each of them, then I draw some conclusions... But if we look for hard statistical evidence of either of those societies we see little but what the tide of time has left on a metaphorical beach... The same is true of many subjects; that we have little to go on and much to learn...

The world needs people like you... Hell, I need people like you to keep me grounded in fact... But we both live in the real world... No one needs to drop their pants to find an asshole... They are plentiful... I need what you know, but I don't care for the way you act. and again, I think it is out of fear, and an unjustified fear... I hate ignorance, but I do not fear it, except out of the realization that ignorance cause people to act as though evil...
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2011 02:49 pm
As far as i'm concerned, you've turned into a troll. You are enjoying the attention too much. I'll no longer waste any time on you. Have fun, asshole.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2011 02:54 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
As far as i'm concerned, you've turned into a troll. You are enjoying the attention too much.
I'll no longer waste any time on you. Have fun, asshole.
U have shown UNCOMMON patience.

David
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2011 02:55 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
As far as i'm concerned, you've turned into a troll.

Just on this page you got 3 posts where you've been "trolling" Fido.

Beth, look Set straight in the eye, give him a smack upside the head to make sure you have his attention and tell him what a blatant hypocrite he is.
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Sun 5 Jun, 2011 09:45 am
@Setanta,
Do not fear Earthling.... I will not harm you...
hamilton

Reply Sun 5 Jun, 2011 11:41 am
@Fido,
pfft! that made me laugh (with you, not at you)
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2011 11:58 am

The pledge of allegiance (as a pledge)
is perfectly constitutional, if it is offered freely; maybe not if it is extorted.

David
Fido

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2011 01:14 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Does it make any difference to you that the republic described bears little similarity to the republic we have???
hamilton

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2011 02:14 pm
@Fido,
well, its just how we manipulated and interpreted the republic described.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2011 02:25 pm
@Fido,
I even think calling the US a republic leaves much to be desired.

Elected officials are bought and sold like the stock market, and acts the same way. The only voice they hear is $$$$$$$$$$$$, so on, and so forth.
Fido

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2011 04:29 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

I even think calling the US a republic leaves much to be desired.

Elected officials are bought and sold like the stock market, and acts the same way. The only voice they hear is $$$$$$$$$$$$, so on, and so forth.
We are seeing the sort of government money buys, but the jackassess still lay it on the people and say all your fault... It's not my fault... No one ever gave me a vote on anything... Voting on some personality it is impossible for me to know does not count as a vote on something... The whole mess is retarded... Time for a new constitution...
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2011 04:29 pm
@hamilton,
hamilton wrote:

well, its just how we manipulated and interpreted the republic described.

We??? What We???
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2011 04:30 pm
@Fido,
Fido wrote:
Does it make any difference to you that the republic described bears little similarity to the republic we have???
Admittedly it does not have as much liberty as it was supposed to have.

David