Who do you look like?

Ceili

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2004 09:12 pm
My friends and I started playing a game, whenever we have to stand in a line, or well.. any place with a lot of people really and there is nothing better to do.... We call it spot the celebrity. Dead ringers for Willie Nelson or Lenin, Whoopi or Spock. Whatever, whoever.
When I was in New York, everywhere I went, people call me Monica. I've been told I looked like the older sister on "One day at a time," Katrina from the Waves - "Walking on Sunshine" and everybody's sister's aunt's godchild's best friends neighbour who walks the dog, you know, the one with the siberian husky named Molson. All my life people have told me I look like someone they know, or someone in/famous. I used to think, I just had one of those faces. I didn't always like the comparisons and some, I thought, stretched things a little to far.
I digress......
So who do people say you look like, who do you think you look like? As a child where you Shirley Temple's twin, maybe buckwheat's?

I got the idea from Dys's Shindig page 13/14.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 4,079 • Replies: 53
No top replies

littlek

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2004 09:20 pm
I was told as a young adult that I looked like Babs. Around that time of my life I was told I looked like someone who'd be on the cover of Vogue (they meant vaguely european, I think). I was told, in my late 20s, that I looked like Sandra Bullock. When Hook came out on video, the tiny picture of tinkerbell looked exactly like me. I had a pixie cut hair-do at the time.

I always thought I resembled Zip, on the left. Seriously.

http://www.missinglink.free-online.co.uk/zipip.jpg
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2004 09:50 pm
Back in the 80's, I was told by perfect strangers almost everyday that I looked like the singer, Anita Baker.

http://www.aub.dk/~tj/gallery/gal4.jpg

The last person I was compared to, while still wearing braids and before coloring my hair, is the writer, Toni Morrison.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2004 09:57 pm
About 20 years ago, I was always getting compared to the Family Ties mom, before she was the Family Ties mom. Then I became Meg Ryan (uhhhhh, no). Two or three times lately people have said I look like the singing Dixie Chick will when she gets older. I find that one particularly odd - people think someone is going to grow up to look like me?

Why didn't anyone ever think I looked like Laurie Partridge? I always did my hair like hers in the early 1970's. Even tried ironing, really ironing, it once.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2004 09:58 pm
Don't fret ehbeth. At one time, Merideth Baxter Birney from Family Ties was considered one of the most beautiful women on television! Susan Dey/Laurie Partridge never was.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2004 10:01 pm
marty feldman
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2004 10:04 pm
I get the same general "You look just like...", too, Ceili. One time someone approached me on State Street, quite dramatically, well hello!! I didn't recognize him. He started to get miffed that I was being so cold. I tried hard to figure out who he was. He started talking about time we spent together in Hawaii. I had, at the time, never set foot in any part of Hawaii.

I've often reminded middle-aged Jewish men of their high school girlfriend.

People mentioned Alanis Morissette a lot when my hair was longer, but I think it was just the hair.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2004 10:08 pm
I don't get "you look just like my cousin..." type comments.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2004 10:10 pm
I've been told I have a passing resemblance to both Donald Sutherland Sam Elliot in their younger days. Mebbe it'll get me a free beer in a bar someday...
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2004 10:12 pm
Is that Sam Elliott with or without the handlebar mustache?
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2004 10:17 pm
Sadly, I look like Kathy Bates... or she looks like me. It's that durn strong jaw and broad forehead.

http://www.cinerhama.com/oddsnsods/bates.jpg
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2004 10:17 pm
lol Without! Just a plain ol' 'stache.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2004 11:01 pm
dyslexia wrote:
marty feldman

Lets not forget about the Willy Nelson day at the donut shop ;-)
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2004 11:03 pm
When I was younger people use to say I looked like Jacklyn Smith when my hair was long.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2004 11:06 pm
I'd like to see some pictures. Wouldn't you?
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2004 11:11 pm
the other day i was looking in a mirror, and the guy that was looking back at me was almost a dead ringer!
Except his face was a bit crooked, you know, the 'other' way.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2004 11:14 pm
Flopped?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2004 11:31 pm
I have skinny legs and an unruly mop of hair. I've been told I look like Chuck Fredrickson, a cook at the Subway in Phoenix...

http://www.jpbs.homechoice.co.uk/mbaw/monster.gif
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2004 11:32 pm
no kind of 'backward', sort of......
like if i was looking in a mirror!
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2004 11:33 pm
littlek wrote:
I don't get "you look just like my cousin..." type comments.

Same here.

Although I don't look anything like her, my friends use to say I could do a great impression of Goldie Hawn.
0 Replies