whats a good diet for me

Reply Thu 12 May, 2011 01:14 pm
Im 5'10, 145 pounds, 14 years old. Im a boy. So i started running about two weeks ago on my treadmill for 30 minutes a day. My diet has consisted of grilled chicken salads, oranges, bananas, lots of water, and little else. I was 150 and the lowest i got to was 140. I got a cold, and started to binge on junkfood, a bad mistake. I checked the scale two days later and i was 145 pounds. i felt a little discouraged but i see this as an oppurtunity for a fresh start. i have a big boned, slender build but i have tiny manboobs, a bit of a gut and fat thighs. those are my problem areas and thats where i really want to see progress. I have a bowflex total gym and a treadmill. What im looking for, over a long period of time and alot of effort which i plan to put in, is an even muscular and very cut body. i dont want to pack muscle under fat by anymeans, and im very scrawny as it is. i want to get cut and lean first, so im wondering what my diet should consist of and what my exercise routine should include. any help would be appreciated.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,736 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 12 May, 2011 01:18 pm
@outofshape727,
Have you checked out the response in the other thread you started a few days ago? Here's a link to it in case you can't find it:

http://able2know.org/topic/171913-1#post-4603360
outofshape727

Reply Thu 12 May, 2011 01:20 pm
@Butrflynet,
thankyou! lmao i couldnt find it.
0 Replies

tomikokko

Reply Sun 22 May, 2011 06:25 am
Hi there,

Saw your post so thought to give you a brief advise. Firstly, what you're doing is great. You're taking action and doing something about it instead of just thinking about it like most people. BOTH thumbs up.

I've got around 7 years experience in the industry and these are the key points that I've found that have worked very well with my clients. One of my latest clients have now lost 28 kilos in a year by following these simple steps.

1) Limit your starchy carbohydrates
pasta, rice, potatoes, bread, sugar etc. Cut these down mate and increase your vegetable intake. So replace your starchy carbs with veggies. This is the most important step as the starchy carbs is the main reason people put on weight.

2) Increase protein intake
After step 1, increase your protein intake (fish, meat, chicken, eggs) as this will help you to put on lean muscle and even putting on slightly more lean muscle will help your body to start burning more body fat. Grilled chicken is good but introduce other meats as well

3) Increase fat intake
Your body needs fat in order to lose body fat!! Lot of people don't realise this. Introduce fats such as nuts, coconut oil, omega3 (from fish), avocado... Fish oil is one of the most powerful supps when it comes to fat loss so would recommend you to get some.

4) Regular exercise
What you've started is great. Keep doing that. However, I found that resistance training is more effective way to burn body fat than cardio. So start doing just some basic body weight exercises such as squats, lunges, push ups. E.g. after your run at least 3 times a week.

5) Stay committed.
Keep your end goal in your mind every morning when you wake up. Think about how good WILL it feel to be at your peak? Have a picture of your ideal physique and keep looking at it every day!

If you want more info, check out EDIT: MODERATOR: DO NOT POST YOUR LINKS HERE, it's an online fitness service that I've created. I believe it could help you to get to your goals quicker. Feel free to email me if you have any questions.

Hope it helped!

Cheers,
[email protected]
0 Replies