Poet is White House guest

djjd62

Reply Thu 12 May, 2011 08:00 am
common is great

nugent sucks (though the amboy dukes were kind of cool)
0 Replies

Renaldo Dubois

Reply Thu 12 May, 2011 08:56 am
@parados,
Wrong. What I said was that I would respond to your first interjection into my post, which is what I did.

Lack of reading comprehension seems to be an epidemic around here.
parados

Reply Thu 12 May, 2011 09:20 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
Renaldo Dubois wrote:

Wrong.
Perhaps..
Quote:
What I said was that I would respond to your first interjection into my post, which is what I did.
Except this post by you is actually a response to my second "interjection". Your next post will likely do the same.
Quote:

Lack of reading comprehension seems to be an epidemic around here.
Lack of sticking to your stated plans seems to be epidemic for you.
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Thu 12 May, 2011 09:26 am
@parados,
No perhaps about it. Perhaps you should report me for hate speech. Maybe if you shoot me in the face while I'm unarmed I'll talk.

So you don't believe a person who speaks out against interracial dating is a racist? Your "morality" seems to be conditional on what Obungo does. Are you one of those who will respond...."I was only following orders".
parados

Reply Thu 12 May, 2011 09:31 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
Quote:
No perhaps about it.
Of course there is a "perhaps" about it. I count 3 in the 2 posts.

Quote:
Perhaps you should report me for hate speech. Maybe if you shoot me in the face while I'm unarmed I'll talk.
I see you've ignored the fact that your response was to my second "interjection". It must be killing you to not be able to respond without shooting yourself in the face.
parados

Reply Thu 12 May, 2011 09:34 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
Quote:
So you don't believe a person who speaks out against interracial dating is a racist?

That looks like a response to my second interjection a few posts back.

Quote:
Are you one of those who will respond...."I was only following orders".
Actually, I pointed out that the person you accuse of being against interracial dating admits to having participated in interracial dating.
0 Replies

Renaldo Dubois

Reply Thu 12 May, 2011 09:39 am
@parados,
That's nice. Carry on. Let me know when you want to defend Obungo's racist guest at the WH.
parados

Reply Thu 12 May, 2011 09:49 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
Renaldo Dubois wrote:

That's nice.
Of course it's nice

Quote:
Carry on.
I wouldn't want to stop you from carrying on.

Quote:
Let me know when you want to defend Obungo's racist guest at the WH.
I have already pointed out that your argument is bull ****. You just don't have a defense so you are going to play silly games.

The person you accused of being against dating outside their race admitted in the interview that you think makes him a racist that he often dated outside his race. If dating outside your race means you aren't a racist then how can you claim someone that does that is racist?
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Thu 12 May, 2011 10:02 am
@parados,
That's nice. Let me know when you want to defend Obungo's racist guest at the WH.
parados

Reply Thu 12 May, 2011 10:08 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
Renaldo Dubois wrote:

That's nice.
Of course I am still nice. Unlike some people here, it seems.

Quote:
Let me know when you want to defend Obungo's racist guest at the WH.
Let us know when you stop acting like a 3 year old.

Meanwhile, here in adult land, we don't refer to the President with silly racist names while accusing others of being racist without evidence and then refusing to address the evidence presented by the other side. We consider that rude to act in such a fashion.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Thu 12 May, 2011 10:12 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
Renaldo Dubois wrote:
So you don't believe a person who speaks out against interracial dating is a racist?

words don't hurt, unless they're written in a very large book and someone hits you with it

now if somebody legislated against interracial dating, that would be different
parados

Reply Thu 12 May, 2011 10:15 am
@djjd62,
You realize that Renaldo won't answer you because you edited his words. He's kind of funny that way. Well, he's kind of funny in a lot of ways but that way seems to stand out in his posting style.
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Thu 12 May, 2011 10:15 am
@djjd62,
And if Bush was President the media would be squawking about it.
parados

Reply Thu 12 May, 2011 10:16 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
Renaldo Dubois wrote:

And if Bush was President
he's not.

Quote:
the media would be squawking about it.
What evidence do you have for that? Or do you always resort to logical fallacies?

It's already been pointed out that Bush invited several people that acted in similarly atrocious manner but the media didn't squawk so your argument is not only silly, it's not supported with historical evidence.
0 Replies

Renaldo Dubois

Reply Thu 12 May, 2011 10:16 am
@parados,
He didn't edit my words for his response. Do you need support to confirm your inadequacies? Pitiful.
parados

Reply Thu 12 May, 2011 10:19 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
Renaldo Dubois wrote:

He didn't edit my words for his response.
Actully, he did because he didn't include your entire post. Are you no longer holding with that standard? Or does it only apply when you can't answer?

Quote:
Do you need support to confirm your inadequacies? Pitiful.
Ah.. this is where your personality just shines. You resort to attacking other people. It shows you have a sense of your inadequacy. Perhaps if you tried you could overcome it.
djjd62

Reply Thu 12 May, 2011 10:21 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
and i should care what the media thinks, why exactly?
0 Replies

Renaldo Dubois

Reply Thu 12 May, 2011 10:23 am
@parados,
He didn't include my post which is exactly the point. You may also give your response without including my post. I give you permission.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Thu 12 May, 2011 10:25 am
fox news.

Oct 10 2010

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4380489/the-hot-zone-common/

hmmmmm.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Thu 12 May, 2011 10:27 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
Renaldo Dubois wrote:

That's nice. Let me know when you want to defend Obungo's racist guest at the WH.

Your deep insight into black consciousness and appreciation of hip hop obviously qualify you to critique 100-word interview excerpts and fragments of lyrics and then extrapolate them into a perceived ideology.

So please, for the benefit of this community, lay out your perspective on African American consciousness with respect to familial roles and the unique social and cognitive challenges children in mixed race families may or may not face.

Further, how would you describe Common's role in the hip hop canon?

Finally, list the wholesome, white alternatives you'd prefer to lead the hip hop/poetry workshop the Obamas are hosting for their young guests.

Thanks!