Bath Tub Problem

Sun 1 May, 2011 12:31 pm
There is a problem with the drain on my bath tub. The water will not drain out. Is there a way to open it up? The overflow works. I live in an apartment and don't want the maintenance man on duty in here. If I can open up the drain I'll use a rubber stopper. Thanks for any help!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 9 • Views: 2,382 • Replies: 10
Topic Closed
No top replies

izzythepush

Sun 1 May, 2011 01:09 pm
@Victor Murphy,
You could try using a sink plunger on the plughole. That will only work if it's a relatively minor problem though.
0 Replies

roger

Sun 1 May, 2011 01:11 pm
@Victor Murphy,
I have that problem from time to time. It seems to respond to Liquid Plumber or generic equivalant. Once in a while, it needs the plunger treatment as well.
Victor Murphy

Sun 1 May, 2011 01:30 pm
@roger,
The drain not clogged up the leaver that releases the water from my tub will not let the water out.
roger

Sun 1 May, 2011 01:37 pm
@Victor Murphy,
That's a little different, then. Sounds like a jammed or broken linkage, then. Maybe you can pry it up enough that you can grab it, give it a twist, and pull it out. Then just replace it with a rubber plug. They make some that fit lots of different sizes.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Sun 1 May, 2011 06:12 pm
@Victor Murphy,
After a major surgery that zapped all my strength, I had that problem in my apartment in California while recovering. I was forever accidentally stepping on the raised stopper while showering and the water pressure holding the stopper down was so strong that I didn't have enough strength to pull up the stopper so the water could drain.

I tried using a plunger to see if the suction could lift the stopper up, but that didn't work. What did work was using a large sewing needle along the edge to pry up the stopper so I could slip another needle under it long enough for the water to drain out and release the pressure.
roger

Sun 1 May, 2011 06:16 pm
@Butrflynet,
Sounds great. I would have gone straight to the crowbar option, but that sounds good.
lucyralph

Mon 6 May, 2013 01:14 am
@roger,
If you this problem in your bath tub than better use rubber closer this will solve the problem same problem with my tub our plumber do this and solve the problem.
0 Replies

danielsmith999

Wed 16 Oct, 2013 10:27 pm
I think you should call a plumber to repair it. DIY is not the good solution.
0 Replies

RayEGarcia

Sun 7 Dec, 2014 11:47 pm
just try to change the leaver or pull it out and use a rubber stopper it can make your water vent easy.
0 Replies

jenifferestrada

Tue 21 Jun, 2016 02:02 am
For drain out the storage water of the pipe of your bath tub, first twisting that pipe. That may not be the only solution of your problem. Call a good plumber to repair or replace pipe of your bath tub.
0 Replies