How to Get Rid of the Excel Ribbon

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 09:18 am
We're going to Office 2010 at work and I already know the new "ribbon" menu system is going to cause a significant productivity hit. Does anyone know how to revert to an "Office Classic" mode or of any third party add-in that would do that?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 6,452 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 09:30 am
@engineer,
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/help/use-the-ribbon-HA010089895.aspx#BM3

Quote:
There is no way to delete or replace the Ribbon with the toolbars and menus from the earlier versions of Microsoft Office. However, you can minimize the Ribbon to make more space available on your screen.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 09:32 am
@engineer,
engineer wrote:

We're going to Office 2010 at work and I already know the new "ribbon" menu system is going to cause a significant productivity hit. Does anyone know how to revert to an "Office Classic" mode or of any third party add-in that would do that?

Why do you say that? Other than the need to get used to it, I find the ribbon to work quite well indeed.

Cycloptichorn
engineer

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 12:57 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Corporate IT has already got a lot of feedback from users complaining of the ribbon. Personally, I hate it. I can't find any of the buttons I typically use. Part of the problem is that I use 2010 at home and 2007 at work, so I have to keep switching back and forth instead of just learning the new system, but I don't even like how the ribbon is organized.
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 01:00 pm
@engineer,
I don't who started this ribbon crap. It is in all Autodesk products. Luckily there is a dropdown window in Autocad to pick Autocad Classic.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 04:09 pm
@engineer,
When I had to upgrade to the ribbon-styled Microsoft programs I hated them so much I revered back to using the keyboard shortcuts for the functions I most use.

I find myself just using Notepad to quickly compose something, and if I have to do a lot of formatting, will paste it into Word after it has been composed elsewhere. Then, I just highlight and right-click the mouse for the menus.
0 Replies

Libra at large

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2014 12:14 pm
The ribbon is a pain, I can never find what I am looking for - and get used to it is not a great reply. It sucks and is a serious drain in productivity. I find I use other products to do my work, and just save the finished product in a convertible format that is known to Office. If I could completely abandon Office - done in a heartbeat
0 Replies