Pinky Let's Go?

spendius

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2011 02:07 pm
@JTT,
Mine was quite common. Lucky is what I was called for a while. The corporal once said that if I fell down a shithouse I'm come up with a shilling. So you can tell how long ago that expression was coined, our corporal was incapable of anything as creative as that, if you check the inflation charts. It would be a day's wages. The Queen's Shilling and all that. Back to your strictures on evil doing. Not here though. I sometimes get called The Professor these days. Ironically of course. In the pub.

Ellbeejay was my favourite, apart from Paddy Pantsdown as Mr Waugh (RIP) nick-named a well known politician of the Liberal party here when he was caught with his pants down in numerous unexpected locations, and it stuck. As I was saying," LBJ". Jean was married to Little H who was but 5 feet tall. He had been known as Little H forever. Now Jean was well endowed in the chesties and as short as Little H. Which was no doubt convenient. One day some wit tagged her first as Little Jean and then, for reasons which are obvious, and they were obvious, soon afterwards, about five minutes, as Little Big Jean. Which soon became LBJ.

Then another wit who had been watching old American documentaries had seen a placard at a demo, a rally, saying "ALL THE WAY WITH LBJ". But I don't know about that--I only ever copped a feel.

Pinky, in some provincial urban slang, refers to the nipsy. aka Starship Enterprise. There's a streak of that sort of wit in English culture which would necessitate that a President Trump would never make a State Visit to our shores.

contrex

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2011 03:44 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:
the nipsy

I haven't heard that for about 50 years!
JTT

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2011 03:51 pm
@contrex,
I haven't heard that, ever. What does nipsy mean?
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2011 03:51 pm
@oristarA,
ehBeth wrote:

Without a more complete context, it means nothing.
oristarA wrote:
The conclusion makes sense, which [CORRECTION]: saves time and energy. Very Happy
oristarA

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2011 08:59 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

ehBeth wrote:

Without a more complete context, it means nothing.
oristarA wrote:
The conclusion makes sense, which [CORRECTION]: saves time and energy. Very Happy

Yeah.

Thanks for the correction.
0 Replies