ENERGY EQUATION--THE DOMESTIC ECONOMY OF CLARK KENT

Setanta

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2011 12:40 pm
OK, so, like . . . Superman battles all of Lex Luthor's goons, flies around the planet to save a humble native village from a sudden volcanic eruption, flies back and cruises the concrete canyons of Metropolis, saving babies that fall out of windows, and rescues Lois Lane from a really creepy blind date . . .

He's burnin' up more calories than an all-girl marching band that blunders onto Greek Row on pledge week Saturday night. I figure, the entire weekend production of a campus pizza shop, or a suburban Red Lobster--at least. Now, Clark Kent ain't makin' that kinda dough at the Daily Planet, so . . . whaddaya think? Gun running, drug smuggling? Come on . . . get serious . . . that boy would be eatin' more than the population of a fat camp the day after they get home.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 5 • Views: 871 • Replies: 12
No top replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2011 12:41 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

OK, so, like . . . Superman battles all of Lex Luthor's goons, flies around the planet to save a humble native village from a sudden volcanic eruption, flies back and cruises the concrete canyons of Metropolis, saving babies that fall out of windows, and rescues Lois Lane from a really creepy blind date . . .

He's burnin' up more calories than an all-girl marching band that blunders onto Greek Row on pledge week Saturday night. I figure, the entire weekend production of a campus pizza shop, or a suburban Red Lobster--at least. Now, Clark Kent ain't makin' that kinda dough at the Daily Planet, so . . . whaddaya think? Gun running, drug smuggling? Come on . . . get serious . . . that boy would be eatin' more than the population of a fat camp the day after they get home.

Superman doesn't need to eat - he's powered by solar radiation. Well-established fact. Doesn't need to breathe either.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2011 12:43 pm
Can you imagine that boy stoned, wanderin' into a 7-11 at about 10:00 p.m.? I wouldn't want to be in the chips aisle . . .
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2011 12:47 pm
I ain't buyin' it, Cyclo . . . ever'body knows that boy does his best work at night . . . no solar power then . . .
Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2011 01:04 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

I ain't buyin' it, Cyclo . . . ever'body knows that boy does his best work at night . . . no solar power then . . .

He stores it up and depletes it over time. There were actually several storylines in the comic b0oks over the years that were centered around exactly this topic.

Cycloptichorn
Setanta

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2011 01:08 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Sure, if you're playin' up the truth, justice and the American Way theme, you're gonna wanna have some dog an' pony show story line like that . . . i was neither born at night, nor last night . . .
farmerman

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2011 06:36 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
i was neither born at night, nor last night . .
but you will try to get an answer to "What powers up SUperman"?

Setanta

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2011 06:46 pm
@farmerman,
Oh, i have no doubt about that, i just ain't buyin' no line about solar power . . . i'm sure he eats like a whole stable full of racehorses . . . i just wanna know where the money comes from . . .
LionTamerX

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2011 07:14 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
i just wanna know where the money comes from . . .

I bet he shoves coal you know where, and squeezes out diamonds.
Setanta

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2011 07:16 pm
@LionTamerX,
Ahahahahahahahaha . . . i literally laughed out loud . . .
dlowan

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2011 08:27 am
@Setanta,
It's the cats he should be saving....a cat a day falls out of a high rise in Metropolis.

But it's the ones that fall from the seventh floor he should be focusing on.
dadpad

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2011 08:31 am
@dlowan,
Quote:

I have a feeling i shall regret asking this

Why the seventh floor?
dlowan

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2011 12:28 am
@dadpad,
dadpad wrote:

Quote:

I have a feeling i shall regret asking this

Why the seventh floor?

The floor cats fall from that causes the most injuries.
0 Replies