Can Not Find Home MT/SW failure

Zylos

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2011 09:59 am
I have the EC4 system and I went to check on the salt level yesterday. The entire salt container was filled with water. I ran the manual regen twice and it finally drained. However, when I went to the computer to start the manual regen process, it displayed an error "Can not find Home MT/SW Failure". Anyone have any idea what this is and how to correct it?

I went to call to get someone to come out and fix this issue and they want to charge me 80 dollars for the first 30 minutes to have someone come out and fix their equipment that is malfunctioning. Needless to say, I'm starting to regret this decision to buy this device.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 8,675 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Joethewaterguy

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2011 06:24 pm
@Zylos,
When did you purchase this "equipment" ? It sounds like a switch failure. Actually, it's your equiptment that is malfunctioning, and they are offering to come to your house to repair/ fix the equiptment for a reasonable charge. Maybe if you take it to their shop it won't cost as much.
Zylos

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2011 05:25 am
@Joethewaterguy,
Its 16 Months old.

I tried to have it go into manual regen yesterday when I got home from work and when I woke up this morning, the computer was stuck on "move valve to service position" and its consistently letting water through.
Zylos

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2011 11:17 am
@Zylos,
So I bit the bullet and called the provider out with the service fee. Come to find out, there were two bad batches of transformers that Rainsoft manufactured. The model number for both batches are 0707c and 0709c. The model I had was 0709c. The problem is that the transformers voltage should be between 20-24 volts when the rainsoft motor kicks in to move the switch into the service position. These tranformers would drop the voltage to about 10-14volts. Not enough to power the motor to move to the service position.

The model number is printed on the transformer. I don't recall where at but its black letting on the transformer itself.
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2011 02:46 pm
@Zylos,
FYI, BRainSoft is an assembler of components, they manufacture nothing.
0 Replies

repairit

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2018 04:34 pm
@Zylos,
Do you know what actual "component parts" the repair person had to replace?
0 Replies