My sister, for some unknown reason, hated french fries (Go figure) and found that she could secrete them into the cast iron legs of our 50's kitchen table. When we move in the mid 60's and broke down the table, we discovere hundreds of dried, black and moldy fry carcasses.
Kids can be very resourceful to avoid eating foods they don't like. I'd have thought it would have tasted worse for you to leave the food your cheeks - in your mouth longer than to simply swallow the foul food.
A friend of mine told me a technique he used like your sister - he hated cream corn and he would secretly put the vile food in the vent holes of the heating grate. He was eventually found out like your sister when months later, mom cleaned these vents and found many pieces of petrified corn. I think the heat at least dried them out so they were not moldy.