H2O MAN

Reply Fri 8 Apr, 2011 05:56 am

Is it really possible that Obama truly consider the US military men an women are non-essential personnel?

If the answer is YES, then I think the current commander-in-chief is non-essential - we can move forward without him.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,317 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 8 Apr, 2011 08:58 am
@H2O MAN,
In general I've always wondered about these so-called non-essential personnel in government. If they are non-essential, they why the h*ll do we need them? I'm not referring to the military.

I'm referring to when there is snow expected and the local government will say non-essential employees should stay home. I'd say, especially in today's economy, if you can stay home on a snow day as you are not essential to the local government, then stay home permanently - will save the tax payers big time.
0 Replies

MrSandman

Reply Fri 8 Apr, 2011 10:31 am
@H2O MAN,
I think essential employees are those who are vital to the continuation of a functional government. Those employees who are not, can stay home and come to terms with their non-essential status.

In other words, high ranking officials and key members of their staff may be required. But those who provide services to them or minor, non-essential services would not. I think I read somewhere the number is 1.5 million non essential government workers but that was probably propaganda to further some political parties ideas.
0 Replies