the end is near

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2011 04:00 pm
I haven't been in/used our office/computer room for about 2 years so for the past few months Lady Diane as been planning "her" office". She gave away her desk-top computer and relies totally on mine, early this morning she had 3 people here to do the actual moving around of the office including re-cabling computer/router/printers etc. Several hours later she was satisfied and they left. She just now got off the phone after calling back these same 3 people as to when they could come back because she has some new ideas about where stuff should be. I'm hoping she doesn't get any ideas about the living room or our bedroom; I just don't have that many years left.

Eva

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2011 04:16 pm
@dyslexia,
When I read your posts, I always picture you in that office, sitting between Fred's cage and the computer desk. So where are you now? (I want to get my mental picture straight.) And is Fred in there all alone?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2011 05:06 pm
next thing you know, you are going to be room mates with fred

in the cage..................
roger

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2011 05:42 pm
@shewolfnm,
With the cage in the guest bathroom.
Joe Nation

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2011 05:59 pm
@roger,
And by guest bathroom , we mean the shed.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2011 06:33 pm
The local Irish club here has a saturday special for the husbands of wives who watch home decoration shows and get "fancy ideas". Perhaps you could start your own club and commiserate with some like minded gentlemen who fear the redecorating bug.... It is contagious, or so they seem to believe.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2011 07:11 pm
and the shed that is in the neighbors yard
Ceili

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2011 07:24 pm
@shewolfnm,
The neighbours yard is 3 miles up hill both ways.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2011 07:37 pm
and surrounded by a moat
roger

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2011 08:34 pm
@shewolfnm,
with alligators
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2011 10:03 pm
@dyslexia,
Fred has feelings for Dianne that go beyond friendship.

0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2011 11:22 pm
@dyslexia,
Quote:
Several hours later she was satisfied and they left. She just now got off the phone after calling back these same 3 people as to when they could come back because she has some new ideas about where stuff should be.

But Diane might have come up with a far superior arrangement, dys!
Which would make the study much, much nicer!
I fail to see why you can't appreciate that!
You can be so unreasonable sometimes. Smile
georgeob1

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2011 11:37 pm
@msolga,
msolga wrote:

But Diane might have come up with a far superior arrangement, dys!
Which would make the study much, much nicer!
I fail to see why you can't appreciate that!
You can be so unreasonable sometimes. Smile

It figures, Msolga !! How like a woman to be so certain that one of the sisterhood would necessarily make things better !

Who is the judge of "nice" or "superior" when it comes to dys' stuff ? I have a little out-of-the-way den with my familiar stuff over which I try to exert a little control. Periodically my wife (or worse, one of the visiting daughters) can't stand it any longer and breaks in to make it "nice" and "fresh" - and then tiresomely congratulates herself for a great job, all while rebuking me for being such a pig. I can't find anything for weeks afterwards, and that makes me very irritable - not as cranky as dys mind you, but not as sweet and cheerful as I usually am.

I recognized those qualities in Diane instantly. Nothing is so intolerant as a woman who is certain you would be lost without her. It's even worse when they're right.
dlowan

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2011 11:40 pm
@georgeob1,
But Dys hasn't used it for two years, and Dianne has, so it is likely reasonable for Dianne to have it the way she wants it.

Dys prefers to compute from a comfortable chair and has, as I recall, a very nice lap-top!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2011 11:49 pm
@georgeob1,
Quote:
It figures, Msolga !! How like a woman to be so certain that one of the sisterhood would necessarily make things better !

Well, of course!
It goes without saying, George. Very Happy
High Seas

Reply Fri 8 Apr, 2011 06:42 am
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:

She gave away her desk-top computer and relies totally on mine

The lady is obviously trying to shield you from all the depressing news out there. Never fear - I've access to a continuous newsfeed source so highly classified that Wikileaks hasn't discovered it yet, and can post excerpts. Please keep this under your hat (so to speak). Today's main updates, by subject >>>

> on domestic politics:
Quote:
"We're heading for a government shutdown. This is serious. Without the government who will fail to inspect our airplanes? Who will fail to secure our borders? Who will put us 14 trillion dollars in debt?"

> on constitutional law:
Quote:
"Dennis Kucinich wants to impeach President Obama over Libya. There's a very good case against impeachment. It's called 'Joe Biden.'"

> on environmental protection:
Quote:
"Officials at BP have filed for permits to drill for oil again in the Gulf of Mexico. They say the oil is easier to find than ever because it's mostly on top of the water."

> on foreign policy:
Quote:
"It's now being reported that CIA agents have entered Libya. We're not sure how long they'll be staying, but some of them just left Vietnam."

dyslexia

Reply Fri 8 Apr, 2011 08:59 am
@High Seas,
I'm reminded that the invasion of Grenada (which only cost the lives of a few Navy SEALS) managed to rearrangement of the communist/cuban Grenadian Airport. I'm hoping no animals will suffer from the realignment of our "Diane's Sedona inspired Feng shui placement of puter printers, router cables, Fred's cage and my exercise bike. The wafting of incense is easily countered as summer encourages more doors being left open to the south-easterly winds.
High Seas

Reply Fri 8 Apr, 2011 09:14 am
@dyslexia,
Feng shui and incense don't bother me (long as no-bo-dy mentions tofu) but could we cut to the chase: is there any cash in the house? Assuming you answer this in the affirmative, do you also have several decks of cards (sealed) and a full set of poker chips? Just make sure you keep enough space for a game.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 8 Apr, 2011 09:19 am
@dyslexia,
I feel sorry for Fred.
And I'm glad that I use my laptop and not your computer since last year.

However, I know this feeling that the end is near - same happened with me today: THEY were cleaning MY room!
georgeob1

Reply Fri 8 Apr, 2011 09:27 am
@msolga,
msolga wrote:

[It goes without saying, George. Very Happy

That's the part that annoys me the most. Then, of course, there's dlowan with her sappy rationalizations.

I did like Hellen's news reports. Does Dys play poker?

Early conference call just finished. I'm still sleepy, but if I'm going to workout today I need to get started now; after that a lunch with some pals in the city. being careful to stay sober enough to take granddaughter to swimming class in the late afternoon.