What's your opinion on spiders?

BoGoWo

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2004 11:13 am
the response to such a threat, of course should be to then import a suitable 'dose' of Sumatran spiders!

(oh, where does it end......................) Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2004 11:38 am
Shocked
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2004 11:40 am
that cheesehead is slayin' me!
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2004 11:44 am
I'm so glad... I put it on just for you.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2004 12:02 pm
For our friends from Albion and the Antipodes:

In the upper right centre of North America, lie the five great lakes: Ontario, Erie, Huron, Superior and Michigan. Lake Michigan lies to the southwest, below the southern shoreline of the Upper Penninsula of Michigan ("Livin' in a Yuppie paradise!"), west of the shoreline of the lower penninsula of Michigan, east of the Wisconsin shore-line, and terminating with brief shorelines on Illinois and Indiana, with Chicago squatting like the hideous gargoyle which it is in the southwestern most corner of this long, sausage-like, very deep lake.

On that western shoreline, of the State of Wisconsin, about half way up, a long wedged-shaped penninsula obtrudes into the deep, pure blue, known as the Door penninsula, and comprising Door County, Wisconsin. To the west, this penninsula encloses the vast and beautiful Green Bay, at the southern extremity of which one finds the city of Green Bay. The National Football League franchise there is the Green Bay Packers (referring originally to the meat-packing industry, another fond pasttime of the Cheesehead when all the cheese has been made). This is the only franchise in the NFL which is not owned by a corporation--rather, the team is owned by an incorporation of the residents of Green Bay. In that city, and throughout Wisconsin and the nation, the loyalty and fanaticism of the Cheesehead is legendary.

The Door penninsula is a giant, glacier-scraped and -scarred rocky arrow head, pointing to the Soult (pronounced "Soo," the French soult [archaic, the modern form is sault, pronounced "sew"] meaning a leap--as in the leap of the waters). At the Soult, the Upper and Lower penninsulas of Michigan nearly meet (they only miss it by about three miles), and Superior, Huron and Michigan share their waters. Door country has the charming character of the northern deciduous forests of that part of the continent, around which nestle farms producing the wonderful dairy products and fish to be fried for everyone. You can pull off the road at a store which will sell any one of dozens of cheeses from new to well-aged, produced by the proprietors of the store within five miles of where you stand. The County has an intersesting character, having been settled at one time by a great many Belgians who overlaid their culture on the basic Anglo-German culture of Wisconsin. Well worth a visit, especially in autumn.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2004 12:02 pm
http://ausxip.com/laughing.jpg

yer makin' everyone smile, O'Bill!
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2004 12:13 pm
Setanta, a great history lesson about Michigan.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2004 12:14 pm
http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0fQDaAv4nqe0mLHnSwlXVuZE5UuPZgm4Sp1EV3ceDc6NJ7DGK33OBslGmXAx4lUtxG2h0J3KW1mxJ9wIFTcZ*n9jmBOzbwqVCqbQReyhXiUTLViVsVx07kIAkkwbNP3Hp08J1D964LAoIojKrV3rOk4vCSSaJ2IrwtWOwm5m8H03POHNmizwm!w/ooh%20dead%20fish%20door%20county%20wisconsin%201003.jpg?dc=4675444437772094981

i think the gnats might be related to the number of these that Bailey found when we were in Door County in October.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2004 12:20 pm
I couldn't possibly improve on Sentanta's beautiful illustration of Door county. The Packer facts I have a little more detailed here: http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=495840#495840

Tell me ehBeth, did I Imagine the extra gnats?
0 Replies

blue

Reply Sat 24 Jan, 2004 09:27 pm
EEWW!!! i do not like spiders at all. i'm freaking out just thinking about them. i have a spider killing stick all prepared for such a black day when spiders invade my personal space (planet earth). 4 and half feet of beautiful bamboo with exceptionally large wad of toilet paper for extra killing power. fashionable black boots, stomp-'em-til-they're-dust edition sold separately.
0 Replies

K e v i n

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2004 12:42 am
I love spiders! In African mythology, Anansi the spider is the creator of the sun, the moon and stars. Anansi is also the creator of man, and is thought to have taught man the methods of agriculture. I especially like spiders because they kill annoying bugs, like mosquitos.

Now centapedes and millapedes, i can do without, cause man are those things disgusting.
0 Replies

K e v i n

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2004 12:46 am
oh yeah, and happy valentines day everyone
0 Replies