0
   

ANIMALISTIC Ingrates

 
 
Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2011 04:23 pm

I 've seen some shows of ungrateful animals
who (Frankenstein-like) have turned upon their humen;
e.g. a bull who killed the guy who saved his life as a calf,
nurturing him after his mother cow rejected him.

The moral of the story is:
U better keep personal CONTROL of the situation and trust no one,
including animals.





David
 
kuvasz
 
  3  
Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2011 04:44 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
http://looneytunes09.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/800px-mazlows_hierarchy_of_needs-svg.png

A Mensa member like you is smart enough to understand that someone who dwells on the safety level as you do so often in your expositions about life-and-fire-arms is missing the larger picture and enjoyment of living a fulfilled life. Mazlow's "safety" level is only one step up from ****; so one ought to aim a lot higher in life than dwelling one step up from ****.

I'd say reach for the stars, but you'd only try to shoot them.
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2011 06:16 pm
@kuvasz,
I accept the value of some of the values
in the pyramid and I have some of them
in my life; those values r not inconsistent
with my advice to people to keep personal control
of the situation. Some of the humen got killed because thay TRUSTED.

Its a dangerous thing to do and shoud be kept to a minimum.
0 Replies
 
Oylok
 
  2  
Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2011 12:50 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

U better keep personal CONTROL of the situation and trust no one,
including animals.


David:

You keep posting about this, and I'm wondering whether stuff that aidan or I said in fresco's cricket thread prompted it, so here are my thoughts...

***

First of all, you should never trust people of mediocre intelligence. A Mensan should never trust anyone with an IQ under 120, because it doesn't make sense to have faith in someone who can't even understand you. Corollary: the dumbest thing anyone could ever do is cede control of a situation to an animal. In my own life, the amount of trust I'm ultimately willingly place in another person is proportional to intelligence. Even then, I test that person before trusting completely, because it is possible that someone you sincerely admire and might want to trust could be blessed with talent and a high IQ but still lack the maturity or the compassion to handle power.

I agree with you fully that no one should ever "trust" the government. The very idea is ridiculous. Government is not intelligent; it is an mad and unwieldy machine. And on the subject of those who have the intelligence but not compassion, I'd never trust a large business which had a perverse financial incentive to screw me over, like most corporations seem to want to do.

Cheers,
Oylok
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2011 06:54 pm
@Oylok,
OmSigDAVID wrote:
U better keep personal CONTROL of the situation and trust no one,
including animals.
Oylok wrote:



David:

You keep posting about this, and I'm wondering whether stuff that aidan or I said in fresco's cricket thread prompted it,
No, I 've been trying to promote a filosofy of adequate preparation
to control emergencies, and not risking more than u r willing to lose
and promoting distrust,
for many decades now.
I learned that trust was bad when I was 11.
I endeavor to discourage it.




Oylok wrote:

so here are my thoughts...

***

First of all, you should never trust people of mediocre intelligence. A Mensan should never trust anyone with an IQ under 120, because it doesn't make sense to have faith in someone who can't even understand you. Corollary: the dumbest thing anyone could ever do is cede control of a situation to an animal. In my own life, the amount of trust I'm ultimately willingly place in another person is proportional to intelligence. Even then, I test that person before trusting completely, because it is possible that someone you sincerely admire and might want to trust could be blessed with talent and a high IQ but still lack the maturity or the compassion to handle power.

I agree with you fully that no one should ever "trust" the government. The very idea is ridiculous. Government is not intelligent; it is an mad and unwieldy machine. And on the subject of those who have the intelligence but not compassion, I'd never trust a large business which had a perverse financial incentive to screw me over, like most corporations seem to want to do.

Cheers,
Oylok
I have not analysed the wisdom of trusting people of high intelligence,
but let me say that at Mensa meetings, I don 't act differently than elsewhere.





David
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2011 06:57 pm

Lest there be any doubt,
my promotion of DISTRUST
is NOT suggesting that anyone live his life in a state of fear.

That 'd be intolerable.





David
0 Replies
 
Oylok
 
  1  
Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2011 09:43 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:
I have not analysed the wisdom of trusting people of high intelligence,
but let me say that at Mensa meetings, I don 't act differently than elsewhere.


From your point of view, since you're averse to whole idea of trusting anyone to begin with, what you say makes perfect sense. However, I've decided that life is lonely and stale when I don't trust anyone. Given my views on trust, I think I'm better off around people who at least have a shot at understanding what makes me tick; in other words, around smart people.
OmSigDAVID
 
  2  
Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2011 10:23 pm
@Oylok,
OmSigDAVID wrote:
I have not analysed the wisdom of trusting people of high intelligence,
but let me say that at Mensa meetings, I don 't act differently than elsewhere.
Oylok wrote:
From your point of view, since you're averse to whole idea of trusting anyone to begin with, what you say makes perfect sense. However, I've decided that life is lonely and stale when I don't trust anyone. Given my views on trust, I think I'm better off around people who at least have a shot at understanding what makes me tick; in other words, around smart people.
OK, I see your concept,
but let me point out that smart people know that human behavior is unpredictable.

As a matter of fact, without exaggeration,
the most intelligent, most logical fellow
whom I ever met in Mensa was a mathematician and engineer
named Marvin. He had a very impressive curriculum vitae.

He took the point a step further than I do, to wit:
Marvin asserted that, given enuf time, EVERYONE that u know
WILL betray u one way or another.

I don 't press the point that aggressively; I just advise folks to be sufficiently careful
to be able to handle the difficulties with which life presents u, expected or not.





David
0 Replies
 
 

 
  1. Forums
  2. » ANIMALISTIC Ingrates
Copyright © 2022 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 12/06/2022 at 08:42:50