ARAB LEAGUE CALLS FOR A NO-FLY ZONE IN LYBIA

spendius

Reply Sun 20 Mar, 2011 06:35 pm
@georgeob1,
What can I do George about atavistic popularity milkers? I'm not seeking popularity. The first thing I would do if I was elected would be to resign.

The "appropriate limits" of any organisation are what it can manage at the time.

I think a World President, a survival mechanism, will be here by about 2120 or thereabouts. It will take that long to drag us into a world of comfort and ease. Huxley had it about 2600 but we always go faster than the predictions.

It will be illegal not to have a good time. Bollocks to national sovereignty.

0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2011 02:12 pm
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:
Is there a moral distinction to be made between the murderousness of the two tyrants?

Yes. Ongoing attacks vs. contained and not attacking.

Quote:
What does all this tell us about "legitimacy" as conferred by the UN?

That you see everything as an argument against the world (except for America).
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2011 02:24 pm
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:
I note that many Brits are even skeptical of an EU all of whose members are several cuts above the world average, and which has much higher political & economic standards for membership, as well as fairly clearly defined limits on interfertence with national sovereignty.

Well, you certainly forgot about the background about how the UK became (and still is) a member of the EU.
georgeob1

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2011 02:25 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
What exactly did I forget ? Are you claiming that there are no Euro skeptics in the UK ?
Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2011 02:31 pm
@georgeob1,
More than enough. And even millions more when the UK will become a 'normal' member without the Thatcher privileges.
0 Replies