Charlie Sheen: WIN-NING?

Ceili

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2011 03:50 pm
Winning refers to his comments on the Piers Morgan show. Charlie told him during the interview he was a winner.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2011 04:01 pm
Part of me thinks the changes in media modes and the possibly observable changes in an audience feeding on celebrity news bits are large in the time I've been paying attention. But, I think that's not true, just that some changes make for new permutations on age old human ways.

0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2011 04:07 pm
@panzade,
Grace Under Fire - only lasted about one season here - I really liked it.

Distressed /disgusted by the vulture-like fascination with his public self-destruction.

Where is his family in all this?

rosborne979

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2011 04:10 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

I can 't figure out Y anyone shoud care
about Charlie Sheen. What difference does it make ?

If you saw a train wreck by the side of the road, would you look at it?
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2011 04:11 pm
His father, Martin Sheen, recently spoke to the media comparing his son's drug use to cancer. It pissed off Charlie. He said he wasn't talking to the old man because of it.
Linkat

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2011 04:11 pm
@chai2,
I watched it a bit at the beginning. It has some funny lines. I stopped watching it after a while because it was more of the same, but got skankier or more raunchy where it was tried to get laughs by being as gross and sexual and demeaning to women as possible.

The show promotes the worst behavior in a person as a positive - as in Charlie Sheen's character is to be the one to model - especially for this young lad (the 1/2 man reference), while the "good" boy the non-Charlie Sheen was has got himself a more reputatable job and is a "nice" guy - always ends up losing.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2011 04:14 pm
@chai2,
I doubt that - I saw ( and this is with trying to avoid the media around Sheen) recently he bought or is buying a $7.5 million dollar house.

Looks pretty nice.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2011 04:15 pm
@Ceili,
yeah I saw that as well.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2011 04:24 pm
@Ceili,
Quote:
Charlie told him during the interview he was a winner.

He sounded like he was trying to convince himself rather than anyone else.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2011 04:42 pm

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k60/Region_P/sheen.jpg
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2011 04:49 pm
Quote:
Charlie Sheen was born Carlos Irwin Estevez to established actor Martin Sheen and has a net worth estimated at $85 million.
http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-celebrities/actors/charlie-sheen-net-worth/

That is enough to keep the Charley Sheen crack house running for years......
shewolfnm

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2011 05:11 pm
@hawkeye10,
i wonder what the difference is in the projected "worth" amount vs what he actually has in hand including assets.

not that it matters. His income isnt my business. Just saying.. if he doesnt snort himself to death first, I would hope he would run out of money or otherwise hit bottom and maybe survive
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2011 05:32 pm
@shewolfnm,
Quote:
I would hope he would run out of money
He has a huge back end deal on the show that I dont believe the producers will be able to avoid, and he is still employable at least on reality TV, so he has income coming in.

Family/friends have already tried to do something and failed, and from what I read very few people who have known this guy for the last 15 years think that he will ever voluntarily clean up. The only way he gets help is with induction into the justice or public health systems (prison or commitment)
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2011 05:56 pm
What about the big question? Who will play Charlie in the next series?

Robert Downey Jnr?
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2011 05:58 pm
@Green Witch,
Quote:
I don't have cable. . .

I thought you had cable through your internet connection.
chai2

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2011 06:49 pm
@hingehead,
hingehead wrote:

Where is his family in all this?

My brother died when he was 33 and was was 29

All the usual intervention type things were done. He still died.
The family is there, it's the media who isn't speaking to them. They probably want to make it look like they've abandoned him.

I think it's too personal to speculate what his family is doing or feels about this.

It's like I didn't want someone walking up to me at my brothers funeral and saying "Why didn't you DO something?"

Sometimes all the "right things" are done, but it doesn't matter in the end.
chai2

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2011 07:04 pm
" Its been a tsunami of media and I've been riding it on a mecury surfboard "

signature worthy.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2011 07:22 pm
@InfraBlue,
It's not the kind of cable you pay for, just local channels that are free. We are near a major city so we get all the big networks plus things like CSPAN, ESPN, CNN, TNT, Oxygen etc plus a bunch of Spanish channels. We used our internet converter (inverter?) box to do the hook up by putting a T connector on it. My husband's the techie in this situation and he discovered the connection worked when we got high-speed a couple of years ago and was playing around with hooking up the internet to the TV, we discovered we actually received channels. Does that explain it?
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2011 07:25 pm
@chai2,
Everyone is the captain of his own ship.
Ragman

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2011 07:31 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Thinking of Titanic ...below the waves
0 Replies