OGIONIK

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2007 08:11 am
math IS god.
0 Replies

g day

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2007 12:13 am
No.

They don't even remotely coincide.

Maths deals with scientific proofs. Faith deals in areas beyond the boundaries where science can deterministically go.
0 Replies

fresco

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2007 06:06 am
Quote:
As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain; and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality.

Quote:
..... whoever has undergone the intense experience of successful advances made in this domain (science), is moved by profound reverence for the rationality made manifest in existence. By way of the understanding he achieves a far-reaching emancipation from the shackles of personal hopes and desires, and thereby attains that humble attitude of mind toward the grandeur of reason incarnate in existence, and which, in its profoundest depths, is inaccessible to man.
0 Replies

Zigster

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2011 09:55 pm
@mathman,
Don't underestimate humanity. We've been around only for a few thousand years. I would say to you to watch and see how this race will become immortal and creator of other intelligent beings in the next thousand years to come and do things you would not comprehend right now. Luckily we will not be around by then to cause trouble with our "confusion" these dark ages, religions,politics and money plagued us.
0 Replies

Anomie

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2011 08:26 pm
I have viewed infinite series, such as 1=0, however these are logical fallacies.

There is Thomas Aquinas reasoning for creatio ex nihilo, being the arguement from motion (one of the 5 ways), yet the properties of ex nihilo are assumed in this case, hence creatio.

If there is a beggining of existence, an unmoved mover is necessary.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2011 08:46 pm
@mathman,
Quote:

Many people don't even know what fractions are but yet they dare challenge God. WOW!! Talk about pride, right?????

Just how much math do you need to challenge God? I have taken graduate level math courses and I would be willing to give it a shot if no one with more education is available.

On the other hand, didn't God think that pi is an integer? Maybe to challenge God you don't need to know as much math as you might think.

0 Replies