Is there a god??

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2011 03:00 pm
If there is a god, what is the testimony?
and if no, what is the testimony?
I prefer logical answers because I respect my mind fully.

fobvius

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2011 06:13 pm
@happy forever,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Existence_of_God
MonaLeeza

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2011 06:45 pm
@happy forever,
http://www.godlessgeeks.com/LINKS/GodProof.htm
thack45

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2011 09:12 pm
There either is or is not a god (/goddess/gods/goddesses/spaghetti monster...). Regardless of what I or anyone else may feel or think or believe or know, it simply is or is not.
happy forever

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2011 04:36 am
@thack45,
This is not a logical answer. You don't have self-confidence to decide, so how can you give logical answer?
happy forever

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2011 04:37 am
@fobvius,
I don't read links, I want personal opinion.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2011 04:42 am
@happy forever,
Logical answer: There is no god.

To many, god being a figment of imagination, it's not real...
happy forever

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2011 04:49 am
@Francis,
Mr. Francis,
Logical answer from yout own point of view is not logical. Where is your proof specially that the other side hass strong ones.
I can tell you one if you'd like.
Francis

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2011 04:55 am
@happy forever,
Yes, tell me one..
Setanta

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2011 05:03 am
If you are going to insist on logic, then i will object that there is no logical reason to imagine a god. Unless you can assert, and demonstrate, that you personally have met a god or gods (which i would incline to doubt), then logic will fail. The only plausible argument would be a first cause argument. If one asserts that a god or gods created the cosmos, then the next logical question is who or what created that god or those gods. If one replies that god (or the gods) are eternal, my response will be that you can eliminate the middle man, and simply assume that the cosmos is eternal--you would be needlessly multiplying causes.

Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem.
fobvius

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2011 05:57 am
@happy forever,

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f6/Antennae_galaxies_xl.jpg/200px-
happy forever

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2011 08:11 am
@fobvius,
nice picture
0 Replies

happy forever

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2011 08:27 am
@Francis,
The mosquito has 100 eyes, 48 tooth, 3 hearts, 6 knives, 3 wings in each side, has X-Ray macine to distingiush the human skin in the dark, has a local anacsthetic machine to insert its throne without our feeling, has an instrument for blood test, has mechanism to runny blood,,,,
and if all scientists combine to make a wing of a mosquito, will fall.
And you kill it so simply even without notice.

What about you?
You have eyes, your own eyes Mr Smart, can you tell me how they are working?
If you awake in the morning blind, no one in the world can help you, can you restore your sight?
Remeber they are your own eyes.
If you are in front of death, can you prevent your soul from leaving your body? rmember, it is your own soul. Do you even know what is your soul?
Face your weakness?
If you still able to say that they are made by themselves, then it is easily for you to think that Effil tower is made by itsself specially that one cell of you more complicated than this tower.
Now, I want a very clear answer from a smart person.

happy forever

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2011 08:41 am
@Setanta,
I like smart answers.
what you call plausible argument which is how cosmos is created? the answer is the creator. Yes? let us agree on this first. Or else how is this great universe existed? the next logical question is why we are existed?

By the way, Everything is endless so everything with a beginning. If you have another opinion, then keep yourself alive forever.
If the creator is with a beginning, then he is created. And if the creator is created, then he is a creature like us not creator. So this one is not the creator and who created him is the God so the God is not created and consequently is the first which means without a beginning.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2011 09:05 am
@happy forever,
happy forever wrote:

I like smart answers.

Um - - - -
Setanta

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2011 09:19 am
@happy forever,
No, i'm not going to agree with that. Are you simple-minded? Did you actually read and understand what i wrote? You're not obliged to agree with me, but you're crazy as hell if you think that a basis for ongoing discussion will be imposing your assumptions.
happy forever

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2011 11:06 am
@Setanta,
I don't like non-constructive replies, we're discussing an imp topic so whether you have a strong concept or not.
I don't like assumptions. Here is to talk about facts. If you have an assumption against my fact, no problem to explain you more.
happy forever

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2011 11:08 am
@edgarblythe,
Ummm......
You seem to be a good man.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2011 11:38 am
@happy forever,
I don't like "non-constructive" replies, either, andyour reply was the non-constructive reply. In fact . . .

You wrote:
what you call plausible argument which is how cosmos is created? the answer is the creator. Yes? let us agree on this first.

That was a non-constructive answer. You provide an "answer" for which you don't even offer a hint of substantiation. You are the one making assumptions. "Here is to talk about facts" you say? You make a claim without support, and that is not talking about facts. So, there is no "assumption" to be made, because you haven't presented any fact.

It is a simple-minded and childish assumption based upon the narrow experience of ignorant humans that anything which exists must have been created. I see very little prospect for continuing to discuss this topic with you, becasue you are begging the question. You start from an assumption that the question is answered by the premise you assume.

You have nothing to offer here.
Rockhead

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2011 11:40 am
@Setanta,
these are not the droids you are looking for...