Is there a god??

thack45

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2011 06:03 pm
@happy forever,
happy forever wrote:

This is not a logical answer. You don't have self-confidence to decide, so how can you give logical answer?
Decide? Oh, that's just something religionists say. And yes, I hear that all of the confident people around have all of the logical answers.
failures art

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2011 09:24 pm
“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn’t go away”.
- Philip K. Dick

A
Reality
T
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2011 09:55 pm
@Rockhead,
Quote:
these are not the droids you are looking for...

I've got a secret
I've been hiding
Under my skin

My heart is human
My blood is boiling
My brain IBM

Domo arigato, Mr, Roboto
Domo (Domo), Domo (Domo)
Domo arigato, Mr. Roboto
Domo (Domo), Domo (Domo)
Domo Arigato, Mr. Roboto
happy forever

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2011 01:22 pm
@thack45,
There are many realities in life. First,We are alive. second,We will die. Third, Why???
Why is a reality but who can know why?
Please, don't be pessimistic there is a light, there is a right way paved for those who want it and the most imprtant thing is that everything is supported with an evidence.
As long as we have mind, we can talk, we can think, we can urge, or why do we have it.
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2011 10:47 pm
@thack45,
thack45 wrote:

There either is or is not a god (/goddess/gods/goddesses/spaghetti monster...). Regardless of what I or anyone else may feel or think or believe or know, it simply is or is not.

This response is logical and correct

0 Replies

nssan

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2011 12:31 am

There are many people who have seen the truth and come to believe in God after having lived for years as atheists. (Patrick Glynn is ex-atheists).

The fact that the developments which have contributed to this result began in the same period, that is from the second half of the 1970s, is quite interesting. The anthropic principle first appeared in the 1970s. Scientific criticism of Darwinism started to be loudly voiced at that same time. The turning point against the atheist dogma of Freud was a book entitled The Road Less Traveled published in 1978 by Scott Peck. For this reason, Glynn, in the 1997 edition of his book writes that “over the past twenty years, a significant body of evidence has emerged, shattering the foundations of the long-dominant modern secular worldview.”36

Surely, the fact that the atheist world-view has been shaken means that another world-view prevails, which is belief in God. Since the end of the 1970’s, (or, from the beginning of the 14th century according to the Muslim calendar) the world has seen a rise in religious values. Like other social processes, this does not happen in a day and the majority of people may not notice it because it has been developing over a long period of time. However, those who evaluate the development a little more carefully see that the world is at a major turning point in the realm of ideas.

Secular historians try to explain this process according to their own principles but just as they are in deep error with regard to the existence of God, so they are greatly mistaken about the course of history. In fact, as the following verse reveals, history moves as God as determined: “...You will not find any changing in the pattern of God. You will not find any alteration in the pattern of God.” (Qur’an, 35: 43) It follows, then, that history has a purpose and unfolds as God has commanded. And God’s command is the perfection of His light:

They desire to extinguish God’s Light with their mouths. But God refuses to do other than perfect His Light, even though the disbelievers detest it. (Qur’an, 9: 32)

This verse means that God has sent down His light upon humanity through the religion that He has revealed. Those who do not believe want to extinguish this light by their "mouths"— intimations, propaganda and philosophies, but God will finally perfect His light and give dominion to religious values on earth.

This may be the “turning point in history” mentioned at the beginning of this article as also indicated by the evidence we have provided here, as well as the implications of various hadiths and statements by scholars. Surely, God knows best.

Conclusion

We are living at an important time. Atheism, which people have tried for hundreds of years to portray as “the way of reason and science,” is proving to be mere irrationality and ignorance. Materialist philosophy that sought to use science for its own ends has been in turn defeated by science. A world rescuing itself from atheism will turn to God and religion. And this process has begun long ago.

The time is fast approaching when many people who are living in ignorance with no knowledge of their Creator will be graced by faith in the impending post-atheist world.
nssan

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2011 12:37 am
Being rational means being a moral thinker.
Being a moral thinker means believing in God.
Only the irrational disbelieve.

Francis Bacon, the famous philosopher, has rightly said that a little knowledge of science makes man an atheist, but an in-depth study of science makes him a believer in God. Scientists today are eliminating models of God, but they are not eliminating God.

Many researchers have tended to believe that mythology is the primary source of religious faith. This theory makes man’s religious tendency the result of outside influences; first he hears a number of these fables that are passed down from one generation to the next, then he believes in them. It is clear; however, that this view fails to explain how this natural tendency appears in the human psyche in every society and culture on Earth throughout human history. The scholars of religious history are fully agreed on this fact, as well as the scholars of human civilization. Likewise, the above-mentioned theory fails to give a convincing explanation of how this uniquely reoccurring phenomenon continues to have such an affect throughout the world’s societies.

Some researchers have forwarded the idea that religious behavior started in pagan societies, inspired by the fear and dread that people had for certain powerful forces of nature and the grand natural objects that they saw such as mountains and stars. Thereafter, they began to personify these objects. From here, they began to address them and petition them in one way or another. This developed into acts of worship with specific rites and rituals that the devotees would perform.

The criticism of this opinion is as follows:

This opinion implies that the human being has a natural tendency to seek out something to worship and that there is a natural feeling that this object of worship must possess greatness.

The fact that pagan societies always worship a plurality of beings – never restricting themselves to worshipping, for example, one mountain or one star – is an indication that man, in reality, naturally seeks an overwhelming Higher Power and compensates for this by taking a collection of deities. This shows that he feels a need for a power outside of his natural environment that he can turn to when all the material powers around him fail.

The phenomenon of religion, that manifests itself in a quest for a Higher Power, is universal to mankind. It cannot be substituted for by any other human affection, like self-preservation, tribalism, or nationalism. Likewise, there have been a number of religious people in the world possessing genius who are not appeased merely by the strength of feeling that they have for something unknown. It would be possible to declare these brilliant people as insane if this unknown that they believed in did not deserve the attention of every human being, but the reality is that this unknown is more deserving of attention than all other things in existence.

This religious sense has achieved a great importance in the intellectual life of man, whereby the world of the unseen has become part of what man can believe in for his practical life instead of merely belonging to the world of imagination and fancy.

This was an intellectual victory, since the effects of this were not restricted to the world of religious beliefs and creeds, but extended to all existence, opening the doors of research in all things that cannot be perceived by the senses. If mankind had continued to deny everything that he could not perceive with his senses, religion would not have been the only thing to suffer; quite the contrary, the sciences, ethics and other branches of knowledge would have lost out as well.

Allah is the creator of mankind and therefore knows his nature more intricately than mankind himself. Allah has therefore chosen a religion that goes neither to the extremes of hardship nor of laxity, but instead provides a middle path; in other words, a religion of ease. Allah said;

Quran:

"Allah intends for you ease, and does not want to make things difficult for you" [2:185]; and "Allah does not want to place you in difficulty" [5:6].

This is the truth,

It is unreasonable to think that so many American converted to Islam without careful consideration and deep contemplation before concluding that Islam is true. These Americans came from different classes, races and walks of life and every other sort of person imaginable
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2011 01:43 am
nssan wrote:
Being rational means being a moral thinker.
Being a moral thinker means believing in God.
Only the irrational disbelieve.

Never dumber words were uttered..

(If Neologist said that, I'd say: what a load of crap!)
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2011 03:33 am
@MonaLeeza,

Half of those arguments fail. They are riddled with logical fallacies. Funny that that site even still panders to people posting links from it because anyone who knows anything would immediately recognize them as being weak arguments.
happy forever

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2011 03:33 am
@nssan,
They desire to extinguish God’s Light with their mouths. But God refuses to do other than perfect His Light, even though the disbelievers detest it. (Qur’an, 9: 32)

Thank you for reminding me this Ayah. I was about to fall in deep depression.
Is your job is to call for Islam?
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2011 03:46 am
@happy forever,
happy forever wrote:
What about you?
You have eyes, your own eyes Mr Smart, can you tell me how they are working?

Are you saying since you can't explain how an eye works that you should immediately toss in a god to explain it? That is typical response to someone who can't use their brain to use deductive reasoning. We who do use our brains have advanced human knowledge and understanding, so yes the functioning of the eye is well understood, so what is the point of asking your question?

happy forever wrote:

If you awake in the morning blind, no one in the world can help you, can you restore your sight?

There is some advancement into this ability. There was a guy just recently who was born blind because his optical nerves did not link up so doctors actually went into his brain and used some micro processors as a bridge for his optic nerve messages coming from his eyes going to his brain and now he can see. So yes it is possible once you understand what is wrong. But once again you feel the need to put in god where one is not needed.

happy forever wrote:

If you are in front of death, can you prevent your soul from leaving your body?

There is no such thing as a soul, but yes once again we have the ability and knowledge in some cases to prevent death or to even revive someone who has died. I guess you are behind the times or you wouldn't ask such silly questions.

happy forever wrote:

Do you even know what is your soul?

The soul is something that you personally have made up because one does not exist.

happy forever wrote:

If you still able to say that they are made by themselves

Yes your eyes are made by themselves. You know the cells of your eyes are constantly replacing themselves. The eyes you have are not the same eyes you started with and they wont be the same eyes you will have years from now. The cells are constantly dying and being replaced, so yes the eyes make themselves.

happy forever wrote:

then it is easily for you to think that Effil tower is made by itsself

Horrible analogy and it only points out your very simplistic understanding of biology if you can even speak if your understanding of it. You are assuming that something had to be crafted for it to exist otherwise it couldn't exist. Well just how can you determine that? Oh wait, you can't.

happy forever wrote:

Now, I want a very clear answer from a smart person.

Clear answer is that, there is and are no gods. Anyone who believes there are is just wishful thinking.
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2011 03:59 am
@happy forever,
happy forever wrote:

I like smart answers.
what you call plausible argument which is how cosmos is created? the answer is the creator. Yes? let us agree on this first.

I disagree. You are jumping to a conclusion without anything to support that premise. We simply do not know yet but that wont stop you from trying to insert that god did it which every theist has done any time we couldn't explain or understand something. The big bang is just another one of those things, but I bet we will find the answer one of these days and theists like you will continue kicking the can down the street to find another gap to fill it with a god.

happy forever wrote:

Or else how is this great universe existed?

We don't know yet. But that doesn't' mean we should just say a god done it.

happy forever wrote:

the next logical question is why we are existed?

The next logical question? You haven't even logically answered the previous questions so why are we moving on? You haven't even convinced me of the previous arguments. Not to mention that anytime someone uses the "Why" for the question it is a loaded question. Using the word "Why" begs the question as to "who" or implies intent which we shouldn't do. So asking why we exist is the worst possible way to phrase it and far from logical.

happy forever wrote:

By the way, Everything is endless so everything with a beginning.

Wait what? Everything is endless so everything with a beginning? What does that even mean? It is contradictory to say that everything is endless yet has a beginning. You can't have something with a beginning and no ending. If it could have started then it MUST by definition have an end. However you miss the conclusion of that very logical reasoning later. For example if you were to die and exist in a heaven as you want to believe, wouldn't you be existing for ever? So in fact you were created to exist for ever? That contradicts itself let a lone fails to explain how that could even possibly happen.

happy forever wrote:

If you have another opinion, then keep yourself alive forever.

Silly request because you know it is loaded. Just because you can't directly effect your life span doesn't mean that there is a god that exists. Your attempt is far less than logical you almost couldn't get any further away from logic with that attempt.

happy forever wrote:

If the creator is with a beginning, then he is created. And if the creator is created, then he is a creature like us not creator. So this one is not the creator and who created him is the God so the God is not created and consequently is the first which means without a beginning.

You call this logical reasoning? Seriously? All you basically said was that there was some god who was not created, but said absolutely nothing to support it yet you think that you have. If a god could have no beginning then why couldn't the universe have no beginning? Couldn't the universe be a cycle? You can't create nor destroy matter or energy only convert it. So why couldn't the universe be an ever on going process of matter and energy exchanging states? That seems far more logical and reasonable than a god did it.
Eorl

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2011 04:11 am
@Setanta,
Haven't crossed that particular mystical river in a hell of a long time.

Hmmm... time for a prog rock attack at Eorl's Castle.
0 Replies

happy forever

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2011 04:33 am
@thack45,
If there is no god, then there is no existence. But there is existence, then there is The God.
The God is not male nor female nor many. If God is male or female means that he is incomplete and needs his other part to complete him which is against His greatness. Having a wife means having children means he could be a father and a grand father....and means that god could have a father or grandfather or a brother...then there will be God family. God is not a human because he is not like his creatures.
God is One because the whole universe is one net and more than one god means struggling between them and we will live in distruction. The God is without a beginning or an end.
God is the Lord of all what is in the Heaven and all what is in the Earth. God is the All-Hearer and the All-knower
Krumple

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2011 04:41 am
@happy forever,
happy forever wrote:

If there is no god, then there is no existence. But there is existence, then there is The God.

And you say that you use logic? This is beginning to seem like a joke. I mean you can't seriously think this holds water? Are you suffering from some form of brain damage because it is borderline idiotic.
Eorl

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2011 04:55 am
@Krumple,
It's not brain damage. It's religion. They are taught all kinds of stupidity as fact, and we're all supposed to just accept it.
0 Replies

happy forever

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2011 05:20 am
@Krumple,
To think in simpler way, let us imagine we born in a closed room and never go out from it. I am existed, how? I don't know. Of course my Mum gave birth of me but didn't create me. She even didn't choose my gender. I can see with my eyes , I can smell with my nose, I can walk with my legs, I can speak with my mouth,I can think with my brain ,,,, but I never forget that I didn't make any of them. I can use my brain to discover myself, to cure my self, to discover what is around me, to use everything around me to live in a better life but never forget that I didn't make anything, I didn't create anything. There must be a Great one with great intelligence who creates all these.
Yes, afterlife is forever and eternal but still with an end.
"Their prayer therein will be: Glory be to Thee, O Allah! and their greeting therein will be: Peace. And the conclusion of their prayer will be: Praise be to Allah, Lord of the Worlds! (10)" Quran
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2011 05:23 am
It ought to have been obvious from a few posts into this thread that the author was asking a rhetorical question to which s/he intended to supply the answer, and logic be damned. Furthermore, it ought to be obvious that s/he is provided a screed from someone else--i seriously doubt that this rant is original work on the part of the author.
Eorl

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2011 04:25 am
@Setanta,
"Kilroy Was Here" successfully exhumed by-the-way.
I laughed and smiled a lot. Sang a bit. There was no air guitar, but may have been some steering wheel Tom rolls.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2011 05:26 pm
@happy forever,
Quote:
I prefer logical answers

If that were true you wouldn't have asked the question.
0 Replies