3 seconds of fame

dadpad

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2011 02:09 am
Everyone is entitled o their 3 seconds of fame
My 3 seconds arrived on monday night. My wife daughter and I attended (as part of the Audience) the taping Of Adam Hills show "In Gordon St Tonight". for those of you who havnt seen it, its a chat comedy/variety show on ABC1 (Aust). Unfortunatky certain members of the Audience are featured each week. Hopefully I'll end up on the cutting room floor.
8.30 pm wednesdays ABC1
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 15 • Views: 2,325 • Replies: 22
No top replies

dadpad

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2011 02:45 am
For those not in Australia there may be video available.

http://www.abc.net.au/tv/adamhillsIGST/video/default.htm
watch episode 4
0 Replies

MonaLeeza

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2011 05:11 am
@dadpad,
Ooh! That sounds like fun. I'll be watching...
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2011 05:12 am
i was seen on the david letterman show that way Smile
Setanta

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2011 05:32 am
I shook hands with Hubert Humphrey when he was running for President in 1968, before the cameras, too. I was not shown on the evening news that day, something of which i have always been proud.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2011 07:34 am
@shewolfnm,
Quote:
i was seen on the david letterman show that way
You were on the floor ??
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2011 03:04 pm
I was once interviewed on St. Paddy's day by a local station, made a dumb joke and it went country wide...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2011 03:09 pm
DadPad, I couldn't see the video, not being in Australia.

but may your fame live long and well..

I was once photo'd in the Evanston Review wearing my plaid coat with faux fur and a warm hat staring at a man demonstrating how to carve wooded clogs at Wieboldt's Department Store.
I remember being very embarrassed.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2011 08:16 pm
Is that tonight's episode?

I like Adam Hills.
dadpad

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2011 11:51 pm
@margo,
yes Margo
as rod stewart sais.... tonights the night
Its gonna be alright.
tonights episode was themed around "do it yourself"
and features Anh Do, Steve Frost, Anna Bligh, Martha Wainwright, Whose Line?, Little Red & Whoopi Goldberg phones in from NYC. ABC1.

guess who brought the chocolate whiskey truffles
http://yfrog.com/h5qp8sj
margo

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2011 07:31 pm
@dadpad,
I saw dadpad!

Brief 3 seconds!

I was wondering why they showed you immediately after that kid's dress, perhaps dingo-proof? Did you make it?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2011 07:43 pm
Long live his fame
Long live his glory
And long may his story be told
ragnel

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2011 09:22 pm
@edgarblythe,
As a young teen, (and indulgent sister), I took my kid brother to a trade exhibition (read new inventions) at the Sydney Town Hall. CCTV had just been developed and screens were set up all around the venue. People were clustered around the site of the camera, and of course, we had to join them. As we stood in the crowd, a woman's shrill voice could be heard saying loudly 'My God! Have you ever seen anything as horrible as that kid? It must be diseased!' Looking up at the giant screen I saw a close up of myself - redhead with a face covered in freckles - picked up by the camera as white with black spots all over it. The woman was standing next to me.

The humiliation was terrible. I refuse to pose for photos, apart from legal necessities (passport, driving licence, etc).
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2011 09:33 pm
@ragnel,
Freckles aren't bad. Some of my brothers had lots of them. The oldest one had them all over his face, like a pox of some sort. But, he did not look bad at all.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2011 09:37 pm
I used to have a ton, mind you I don't see the sun much so they fade. I like freckles, except when I wear make-up. I'm never sure what colour I should use for a base/foundation. So, I don't wear that much either.
Eva

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2011 11:24 pm
Andy Warhol said we'll all get 15 minutes of fame. You still have 14 minutes and 57 seconds to go, dadpad!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2011 05:04 am
@Ceili,
Really ? ? ?

You look so Chinese to me . . .
MonaLeeza

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2011 05:13 am
@ragnel,
What an horrendous thing to say! Freckles are sweet - I'm sure you were an adorable child and got your revenge by growing up into a beautiful women.

I saw you dadpad. Well I missed you first time because I didn't know who I was watching for... but I had to leave half way through so I'd recorded it anyway and could go back and find you.

0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2011 02:32 pm
@Setanta,
And a wee bit orange too eh!
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2011 02:35 pm
@ragnel,
I love, love freckles..
0 Replies