So I'm Finally Hearing Some Audio From The Oscars

djjd62

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2011 03:35 pm
aren't the two host actors, couldn't they at least act like interesting people hosting an awards show
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 1,616 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2011 03:48 pm
@djjd62,
Apparently not. The guy was the most lame but the comedy-writing was poor too. There was no comedy releif like Billy Crzstl as host with his instantaneous wit. Apparently the guy who hosted had a busy study schedule at Yale during the week so he could only rehearse on weekends. Well, he seems to have had the wrong attitude too.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2011 03:51 pm
@Ragman,
It was almost as if he was parodying the hosting process. I thought it was pretty funny, but probably not the direction the Oscars were looking to head in.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2011 04:03 pm
and WTF - what's with the swearing?

I miss the likes of Billy Crystal and Bob Hope and some class.

And - I'm sorry - but the whole Kirk Douglas thing was pathetic.

0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2011 04:10 pm
i just realized something, i don't think i've ever watched an oscar broadcast
Ragman

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2011 04:38 pm
@djjd62,
Kirk Douglas was there for the sentimental reasons and to honor a man who has been a BIG part of the history of what made Hollywood great...but frankly, the show would have been better served without him. He has made a miraculous comeback from his stroke. He lets many people know there's hope and what can be accomplished after a stroke.

If you haven't seen these wooden host performances then trust me on this. there's only one in the last 15 yrs worth a damn. When and if Billy Crystyal is the host, it's very funny. When he spots something to make fun of (often an easy task), he has the discipline plus the instant comeback ability. He is the MAN! I swear that there's been no one funnier. Let's see what I can find on Youtube of his comebacks at the awards show.

OK, I found something funny of his from the 72nd Awards show: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17YdgX_Z2eQ
Ragman

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2011 05:05 pm
@Ragman,
... or the Billy Crystal performance from 76th AA show on 2003 show:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEyy85oa0r8&feature=related
0 Replies