Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 5,171 • Replies: 69
No top replies

Rae

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2003 10:37 pm
Collective Soul and Dovetail Joint.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2003 02:59 am
Child, I appreciate your enthusiam, but believe me when I tell you, there is soooo much more to music, so many musical horizons you should investigate, before you could ever hope to qualify your statement.
I don't dislike your tastes. I don't doubt your love of music and I have read most of your musical posts, but from every post I've read, your tastes have a limited scope.

I'm not a snob, I love collective soul. The singer has the sexiest voice but....
There such a rich tapestry of music in the world. Why do you limit your ear to such a small sliver of sound?
Fool around with the radio dial, check out some of the stations listed in the Portal.
I'd love to get your perspective, a fresh set of ears on some different sounds. I'd love for you to go to a folk, a blues or bluegrass festival and experience music without the packaging.

K, that's all
0 Replies

CerealKiller

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2003 07:27 am
Electric Light Orchestra
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2003 07:30 am
ELO? Okay, if you say so, but they were pretty highly rated in their day.

The Blasters.
The Residents.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2003 01:56 pm
Ceili wrote:
Child, I appreciate your enthusiam, but believe me when I tell you, there is soooo much more to music, so many musical horizons you should investigate, before you could ever hope to qualify your statement.
I don't dislike your tastes. I don't doubt your love of music and I have read most of your musical posts, but from every post I've read, your tastes have a limited scope.

I'm not a snob, I love collective soul. The singer has the sexiest voice but....
There such a rich tapestry of music in the world. Why do you limit your ear to such a small sliver of sound?
Fool around with the radio dial, check out some of the stations listed in the Portal.
I'd love to get your perspective, a fresh set of ears on some different sounds. I'd love for you to go to a folk, a blues or bluegrass festival and experience music without the packaging.

K, that's all

Whoa, that was kinda mean!

But don't worry about it. I have listened to more than what is in my limited musical scope....I just didn't like the other crap....Yeah I have listened to plenty of bluegrass, it was just garbage....I have bought folk cds just b/c I heard that they were awesome, but when I listened to it....garbage. I have also done the same with bands that are in my limited musical scope, and I loved the stuff. It's not that I don't give other musical genres a chance, it's just other musical genres can't measure up to the God of musical genres.
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2003 03:20 pm
Obscure British indie-rock bands: Ned's Atomic Dustbin, Ride, Pop Will Eat Itself, Delakota, Lo-Fidelity AllStars...

I think there are literally hundreds of fine bands of all genres that never receive 10% of the recognition they deserve, as it's all heaped onto formulaic pop/R&B shite.

If only the music industry wasn't driven by the buying trends of fickle teenagers...
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2003 03:22 pm
Big Star
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2003 03:46 pm
Child, I was trying to be mean. I was only trying to invite you to listen to other types of music.
If you done that, I won't say any more.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2003 09:33 pm
Ceili wrote:
Child, I was trying to be mean. I was only trying to invite you to listen to other types of music.
If you done that, I won't say any more.

Crying or Very sad Sad You were trying Crying or Very sad Sad to me mean?? Crying or Very sad I was just Crying or Very sad kidding when I said Crying or Very sad you were being mean Sad Sad
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2003 09:36 pm
Grand Duke, How does Michael Jackson know it's time to go to bed?

When the big hand touches the little hand...

MJ has the entire comedic world roasting him every chance they get....do you really have to join in on the fun?
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Sun 28 Dec, 2003 09:46 am
Child of the Light wrote:
MJ has the entire comedic world roasting him every chance they get....do you really have to join in on the fun?

I'm afraid so. I see two options here:

1) He's innocent. In this case, why didn't he learn his lesson from all the carry-on the first time this happened. Grown men should not share their bedroom with other people's kids. He's therefore stupid enough to deserve some abuse.

2) He's guilty. 'Nuff said.

I'd love for someone to change my mind on this, as I'm not naturally a vindictive person, so if you can persuade me to change my sig I'm more than happy to listen to another viewpoint.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Sun 28 Dec, 2003 02:11 pm
Grand Duke wrote:
Child of the Light wrote:

I'm afraid so. I see two options here:

1) He's innocent. In this case, why didn't he learn his lesson from all the carry-on the first time this happened. Grown men should not share their bedroom with other people's kids. He's therefore stupid enough to deserve some abuse.

2) He's guilty. 'Nuff said.

I'd love for someone to change my mind on this, as I'm not naturally a vindictive person, so if you can persuade me to change my sig I'm more than happy to listen to another viewpoint.

He creeps the hell out of me, and I think he is very guilty. I am not saying that it is wrong to have that sig, just a bit mean spirited. So if you like that sig, keep it, it is no big deal.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Sun 28 Dec, 2003 04:38 pm
Ummmmmmm, I am so sorry, that should have read <<<<was not>>>>>trying to be mean. I forgot the second word. Just ignore everything I written hear, I think we'll all be happier for doing so.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Sun 28 Dec, 2003 05:07 pm
Ceili wrote:
Ummmmmmm, I am so sorry, that should have read <<<<was not>>>>>trying to be mean. I forgot the second word. Just ignore everything I written hear, I think we'll all be happier for doing so.

hehe, I figured that was the mistake, but I decided to drag it out a bit Twisted Evil
0 Replies

dragonfly13184

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2004 10:00 pm
back on track
i think that um....

candlebox is very underrated... collective soul... the pillows (though i don't know how they are favored in other contries) weezer... blues traveller... counting crows... that's about it for now.

there are plenty of bands that are very over rated... ICP ~* cough cough *~ um... marolyn manson ~* gag *~ simple plan, blink 182, ~* they just suck nuff said *~
0 Replies

BlueMonkey

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2004 11:00 pm
I love Collective Soul. I really like Simple Plan and Blink 182.

Underrated band? Hum. Our Lady Peace, Switchfoot, Lifehouse, Strerophonics.
0 Replies

El-Diablo

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2004 09:30 pm
I would say Alkaline Trio
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2004 09:33 pm
BlueMonkey wrote:
I really like Simple Plan and Blink 182.

2 of the worst out there, along with G.C. GRRRR Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

BlueMonkey

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2004 10:09 pm
aw but I do like G.C. too.

But I also like the Pixies and Pavement.
0 Replies