Sisters - Subtitled "No, I didn't have a Merry Christmas."

Swimpy

Reply Tue 4 Jul, 2006 07:36 pm
Thanks. I always hated it when people said "it was a blessing" when someone died. I my brther's case, it's appropriate, He had a massive head injury in April that he never recovered from. The doctors never gave us any hope that he would get off life support. Still...
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 4 Jul, 2006 07:42 pm
There were fourteen of us originally, Swimpy. Two of my brothers are gone, one at the age of 2 months, the other died at 26, hit my a drunk driver.

The first one I was able to deal with because he died before I was born. (little gallows humor), but the second one, the sibling closest to my age, tore my guts out and it took me years to recover.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Tue 4 Jul, 2006 08:17 pm
I'm sorry, Gus. It sucks, doesn't it? My brother was almost 14 years my senior and we were never really close until my sister died. He's had health problems related to an aneurysm about 38 years ago that left him with seizures and a stroke about 10 years ago that left him with a bum hand and a limp. A couple of years ago, he had a seizure at home (he lived alone.) He fell and broke his hip. My sister, his daughter and I cared for him while he recovered.

The poor guy had a rough time of it.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 4 Jul, 2006 09:21 pm
Swimpy, I'm sorry for your loss.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 4 Jul, 2006 09:27 pm
I'm very sorry to hear this, Swimpy.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 4 Jul, 2006 09:34 pm
I'm sorry, Swimp.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 4 Jul, 2006 11:14 pm
Sorrry to hear this, swimpy.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 4 Jul, 2006 11:54 pm
My condolences, Swimpy. It is never easy, not even when it is expected.

(((((HUGS)))))
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 5 Jul, 2006 12:55 am
You have my deepest sympathies, Swimpy.

(((((((((Swimpy)))))))))
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 5 Jul, 2006 02:53 am
Swimpy wrote:
My brother just passed away this afternoon. And now there are six. I don't want to do this again.

Oh Swimpy! I'm so very sorry!

Of course you don't want to do this again. Awful!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 5 Jul, 2006 02:56 am
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
There were fourteen of us originally, Swimpy. Two of my brothers are gone, one at the age of 2 months, the other died at 26, hit my a drunk driver.

The first one I was able to deal with because he died before I was born. (little gallows humor), but the second one, the sibling closest to my age, tore my guts out and it took me years to recover.

A big hug to you, too, Gus. That would be very hard to cope with.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Wed 5 Jul, 2006 03:36 am
Thanks everybody.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 5 Jul, 2006 03:38 am
Are you OK, Swimpy?
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Wed 5 Jul, 2006 03:41 am
I'm OK, Olga. Thanks for your concern. I'm just worried about my mom, who is 97 and about to bury her second child. She's such a strong woman, though. She amazes me.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 5 Jul, 2006 03:50 am
97, Swimpy! Wow!

It is a tragedy for any parent to have to bury their child. (In your mother's case, two children.) That's just not how it's supposed to be! To bury a brother & a sister in such a short time & at such a young age is extremely hard on you, too. So very sad & sorry for you, Swimpy. Sad
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Wed 5 Jul, 2006 04:10 am
No, it's not supposed to be that way. My mother keeps wondering why she's still around when her son has to die. It told her that she's here for us. We cherish every moment. Thanks for your concern, Olga. You are a sweetheart.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 5 Jul, 2006 09:00 am
I wish you peace, Swimpy.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 5 Jul, 2006 09:18 am
Quote:
We cherish every moment.

Good on you, Swimpy.

I'm so sorry about your brother. Peace to you and to your mom.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Wed 5 Jul, 2006 11:25 am
Thanks, Jes and boomer.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 6 Jul, 2006 07:54 am
My deepest condolences, Swimpy. It's hard getting older and watching family pass away. Hang in there and know that we've got your back.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/18/2024 at 12:51:25