A Government Paradox

MJA

Reply Thu 3 Feb, 2011 10:18 am
Can One be governed and at the same time free?
Democracy?

=
MJA
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 996 • Replies: 4
No top replies

MJA

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2011 11:05 am
And another thought...

In todays communication world of www, cell phones and I pads, why do we need a lobbiest and a representitive form of government, why don't we decide how to best govern ourselves? If lobbiest are controlling our government and the people have no voice, isn't it time to change our government to a government of the people for the people like it was meant to be?
We have the technology to change!
Change Mr. President?

=
MJA
Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2011 11:10 am
@MJA,
MJA wrote:

And another thought...

In todays communication world of www, cell phones and I pads, why do we need a lobbiest and a representitive form of government, why don't we decide how to best govern ourselves? If lobbiest are controlling our government and the people have no voice, isn't it time to change our government to a government of the people for the people like it was meant to be?
We have the technology to change!
Change Mr. President?

=
MJA

I would submit that the vast majority people are either too uneducated or too uninterested in the complexities of Law to be tasked with either producing it or carrying it out in an efficient fashion. Thus the need for... representative government.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2011 12:38 pm
@MJA,
MJA wrote:

Only if one governs oneself.
MJA

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2011 02:37 pm
@joefromchicago,
joefromchicago wrote:

MJA wrote:

Only if one governs oneself.

The best form of government is self, and beyond that is not.

=
0 Replies