Thread For Christians and Other People Who Believe in a Higher Spiritual Power

Smileyrius

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2011 08:54 am
@dpmartin,
Anger arises from a sense of injustice, which has many malleable causes. You get rid of anger by forgiving. That comes from a greater understanding of motive, cause and most of all a principled love for your fellowman. Forgiveness out of duty is a very difficult thing to do, and although a love for God can empower forgiveness, it is not ultimate unless you find a reason for yourself.

Forgiveness requires a reason to forgive. It takes practice, but the more you do it, the easier it becomes.
xrisxs

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2011 09:24 am
my birth date is 1 18 74. if you multiply them together and devide it by two you get a number. I on this same day doing it just to see what would happen I also was on the internet and in lure of the first deal, i looked up xrisxs. a name i made for myself when chris was taken back in apple days. Just for giggles if nothing at all. well nothing came up but xristos and other likeness names. so i hit that and it brings me to a lexicon reference thing. it had numbers and names and well in the blank i put love, it gave me references in the bible and numbers. well in the numbers thing if you put at random say 539, it may or may not come up with something. a name in aramaic or greek or something. well im like hum, i put 1974, and this name came up bmolokoa, and it meant messenger or angel. then im like right on, i like it,, then it gave me one refence in the bible 2 thesalonians or corinthians, i cannot remember, but is said, it is no wonder, the angle of darkness will transform himself into light.. or something like that. I will be honest with you, for a moment it rattled me. this was last year. I know numbers and stuff mean nothing but numbers, and alot of people born on 1 18 74. but then i did my social, with out giving it out and not carring if i did anyway, i added the first set, 12 then the second, 11 then the third 21. 121121. i know again this is just a number and a mind willing to be intrigued by anything and no one told me to add it up but 121 is a reflection of 121. the mind can gewt sick i assure you. mine was the wrong one to mess with because for a moment or three i got stretched out. Went to church told my wife im sorry i have been a lazy no good jerk, played with my kids more and had this little bible i carried around with me in my back pocket. well i am back to normal now. thank you science and duh factors. and the Jesus thing, got me. Horus, and alot of others and tales that have a repeat like the flood and who did adam have relations with if not his sister. i mean if he went out and found his wife where did she come from . i will stop now cause i could go on forever. i do believe in God, but not bound by the hands of man in a book that has been changed around by many tongues, like virgian, the original word for it in the first text was a word that meant young girl. But, i do believe in higher power. ty for the thread
0 Replies

dpmartin

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2011 07:01 pm
@Smileyrius,
Smileyrius wrote:

Anger arises from a sense of injustice, which has many malleable causes. You get rid of anger by forgiving. That comes from a greater understanding of motive, cause and most of all a principled love for your fellowman. Forgiveness out of duty is a very difficult thing to do, and although a love for God can empower forgiveness, it is not ultimate unless you find a reason for yourself.

Forgiveness requires a reason to forgive. It takes practice, but the more you do it, the easier it becomes.

Smileyrius
thanks for the reply

I don’t necessarily disagree, and it would be stupid of me to say that doesn’t work when it works for you. IOW, I am not saying that doesn't work.

But honestly I believe when it comes to forgiveness. One, God has forgiven us, two, He has also already forgiven the transgressor or offender. And He said to forgive, that to me is reason enough. (Though yes easier said then done).

But what if you could not devise a reason to forgive? What if the offence is so heinous to you and you are, or a loved one, is the one who experienced the receiving end of the offence?

What I have found, even if it means doing it begrudgingly if necessary, ask the Lord to have mercy on and forgive the offender is the beginning of having peace with it. For then one would be honest in the Lord’s Presence admitting one can not find it in ones self to forgive, knowing He has. I believe the Lord prefers honesty over all, for He is able to make anything right in one’s heart, mind, and soul. And how can that be done if we know not what it is that is to be healed?

And consider if you passed on tomorrow no one will give two hoots about what made you, or me angry. So what is the value of it anyway?

Consider the bone head that unloaded his magazine into a crowd and a Representative was shot, now 30 days latter other then family and friends and no offence, but what was her name again? And what was that kid’s name?

And as far as justice, if you hate brussel sprouts you just don’t eat them, you don’t go out and start beating them with a shovel out in the garden, or start throwing them off the store shelves, or maybe you do, I don’t know. Haven’t heard anything about brussel sprout killers lately.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 11 Feb, 2011 09:31 pm
God said to Abraham
Kill me a son
Abe said Man
You must be puttin me on
God said no
Abe said what
God said you can do what you want Abe
But the next time you see me coming you better run
Well Abe said Where do you want this killing done
God said Down Highway 61
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 11 Feb, 2011 09:35 pm
John the Baptist after torturing a thief
Looks up at his hero the commander in chief
Saying Tell me great hero but please make it brief
Is there a hole for me to get sick in

The commander in chief answers him while chasing a fly
Saying Death to all those who would whimper and cry
And dropping a barbell he points to the sky
Saying The sun's not yellow It's chicken

wayne

Reply Sat 12 Feb, 2011 02:37 am
@Smileyrius,
Forgiveness is part, important in it's place.
In a certain sense, it's the easy part. Forgiveness is a fixed point, it's always right.

More difficult, acceptance, requires a decision process.
Righteous indignation, at the seeming unfairness of it all, produces a stumbling block to faith. Acceptance is the key that unlocks the door.
We fail to accept forgiveness, small wonder we have little to give.
snood

Reply Sat 12 Feb, 2011 07:44 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

so, tell me edgar - is it your position that you would prefer the non-atheists leave your atheist thread to atheists, but non-believers should be free to come and go in threads such as this one? just asking...
0 Replies

dpmartin

Reply Sat 12 Feb, 2011 09:31 am
@wayne,
wayne wrote:

Forgiveness is part, important in it's place.
In a certain sense, it's the easy part. Forgiveness is a fixed point, it's always right.

More difficult, acceptance, requires a decision process.
Righteous indignation, at the seeming unfairness of it all, produces a stumbling block to faith. Acceptance is the key that unlocks the door.
We fail to accept forgiveness, small wonder we have little to give.

wayne

A most excellent point.

To me, anyways, it’s simple, read your bible, look at things as they are, and let it be. God isn’t striking anyone down with lightings and thunder (yet). There is nothing on this planet that is required to meet our own approvals. If one is given charge of anything, surly a believer in Christ Jesus would or should respect God’s approval first.
0 Replies

dpmartin

Reply Sat 12 Feb, 2011 09:40 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

edgarblythe

No offence, but if you have question or find what is stated questionable in your own eyes, state your point, have at it, and let it be so.

But weirdness persuades no one of anything, not even the weird the desire to be weird.
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 8 May, 2011 01:51 pm
Just to give you guys and girls a different perspective

(although I am sure atleast most of you already grasp this concept if not all of you in here)

sometimes it is good to go where you are welcomed and be with your brothers and sister in Christ (example Church)...but to be honest I mostly hang out in the Atheist threads and or other religious threads such as Taoism and hinduism, why you ask? Simple because I have faith that you all believe in Christ So there is no need for me to come here and preach the Bible to you...for I know and have faith that you all have already made it into Heaven!!!! =)=)=). but rather, it is the non believers who need the Truth. The utter acknowledgement and salvation in Jesus. But understand 2 things.
1. I do it in a way they can learn from and open there eyes to complete Truth.
2. and most importantly I do not nor have i ever personally attacked anyone for their beliefs...and God willing I will not give up! if I can get one non believer to believe in 20 yrs on here i have fought the good fight!

So anyways I am proud of the faithfullness in you! it clearly speaks in volume! I may check in here from time to time but wont be here much I imagine...So God bless you all! and I eagerly await us meeting in Heaven!!

B.T.W. My name is Ryan...nice t meet you all!
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Mon 9 May, 2011 08:14 am
@edgarblythe,
is it not another Atheist who believes they have the correct doctrine but yet show by their actions that they in every way contradict themselves or is it a part of fullfillment in their one and only life in their eyes...wasting their time even posting that. If knowing nothing else it would do nothing but cause fights????

0 Replies

Chights47

Reply Tue 10 May, 2011 07:35 am
@snood,
snood wrote:

This thread was created as a place for Christians and others who believe that there is a higher Spiritual Power to talk about issues that have to do with us living our lives as Christians and others who believe in a Higher Spiritual Power. Would appreciate it if atheists and agnostics do not visit. This is definitely not , I repeat, NOT a thread for bashing atheists or agnostics (although we all have experienced and like to avoid their bitter, cynical, ignorant, self-centered blather).

Sort of seems like you're trying to provoke atheists from coming here to rant since you're really only insulting them and you don't give any direction in the post for Christians.
0 Replies