Go with a bolder color in the kitchen.

Nancy88

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2011 01:35 am
It used to be that every time the new year rolled around, I marched headlong into it, looking forward to the opportunity to try out a new notion. Go with a bolder color in the kitchen. Find a new hair-do. Learn a new skill.

What does the author mean by "Go with a bolder color in the kitchen"?
Does it mean painting the kitchen in an amazing color or wearing something in an amazing color to go to the kitchen?

Nancy88

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2011 01:58 am
Or does it mean making an amazing dish?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2011 02:58 am
@Nancy88,
Quote:
What does the author mean by "Go with a bolder color in the kitchen"?

I read this as using some pizzazz in decorating your kitchen", with more exciting colors. Personally, I would be careful about creating too much kitchen flamboyance. A kitchen, like a bedroom, should be a place where people should feel relaxed, and bold colors do not create relaxation.
If one wants to go "bold" I would save that for the living room or den.
Ceili

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2011 10:31 am
@Nancy88,
Yes. The author is saying that every year she wants to do something to change her life. Repainting the colour of her kitchen is one option. A bolder colour would be one that is presumably not the "builder's beige" she has now.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2011 12:52 pm
@Nancy88,
The author tried mightily, "marched headlong into it" to change her life and she tried doing it in big bold steps, "a bolder color in the kitchen", as if doing "big" events/things would propel her on her path to change.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2011 12:16 pm
@Phoenix32890,
Phoenix, while you gave a good reading comprehension reading, I beg to differ on the exciting free kitchen zoning rule.

A lively kitchen could make a great family gathering room in its own right, therefore deserving of the spicy to the eye treatment. Shocked Very Happy
0 Replies