philosophy

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2011 02:36 am
Do idiot people intend and choose for them selves to be ignorant ?or they just don't mean to be ignorant and they don't know that they are ignorant ?and should we consider them innocent ?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 858 • Replies: 7
No top replies

RealEyes

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2011 04:16 am
@permoda12345,
If I were arguing from the perspective of Eckhart Tolle: I would say yes, 'ignorant' people are just not conscious of the pain they are inducing and thus cannot be held responsible for their actions. It is our responsibility to bring such people into a state of awareness.

If I were trying to illustrate the point from the view of Matt Dillahunty: I might say that some perfectly intelligent people have just been saturated by misinformation and it is a perfectly natural reaction to reject information that clashes with what you have been taught.
HexHammer

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2011 07:58 am
@permoda12345,
permoda12345 wrote:

Do idiot people intend and choose for them selves to be ignorant ?or they just don't mean to be ignorant and they don't know that they are ignorant ?and should we consider them innocent ?
There are many aspects to the term "idiot" and "ignorent", some are because they'r eccentric, like you who doesn't put a space and capital letter when you should, it's not because of ignorence, but because of compulsery behaviour.

Others because they lack brain capacity.
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2011 08:52 am
@permoda12345,
No one willingly takes a cold shower once they have had a warm one...

Idiots are one thing; incapable of learning... The ignorant just do not know... We are all ignorant to a degree, some worse than others, but in the end, all ignorant... We are not all idiots...
0 Replies

permoda12345

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2011 03:11 am
@RealEyes,
so when "ignorant people reject information " this is their responsibility to be ignorant which leads somehow to folly ,that is they can hear but they don't want to listen and think , they are the real blind people ,and to bring such people to awareness is really hard . they just ask questions not related to the issue been discussed or they simply say :" we don't care or it has nothing to do with our aims in our life or they just want prepared answers; I mean they can't use their minds to think well and mostly they make fun of wise information .
north

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2011 03:22 am
@permoda12345,
permoda12345 wrote:

life is life

not all have the exposure to a broad breadth of knowledge

at the sametime they can have an indepth knowledge of what they do know
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2011 06:48 am
@permoda12345,
permoda12345 wrote:

so when "ignorant people reject information " this is their responsibility to be ignorant which leads somehow to folly ,that is they can hear but they don't want to listen and think , they are the real blind people ,and to bring such people to awareness is really hard . they just ask questions not related to the issue been discussed or they simply say :" we don't care or it has nothing to do with our aims in our life or they just want prepared answers; I mean they can't use their minds to think well and mostly they make fun of wise information .
If you knew that your religion, or your economy, or your government, or even your community and your shared values were killing you, literally sucking the vitality out of you, then you might have to do something, and I don't mean like this, like I do by choice, of trying to communicate; but something serious and perhaps unforgivable.... That is the problem with some knowledge, that if it is taken seriously, then it involves certain changes of behavior that might set people at odds with others, and it is for this reason that people plead ignorance and uncertainty... They do not want to be responsible for immoral actions, and would rather suffer immoral action than cause them; and this is one of the great impediments to social change, that all resist change individually because change leads to death.... It Takes more than mere knowledge to overcome some fact about us, something at the depth of our psychology, that is our essential fear of change...

Knowledge implies a certain responsibility in ones affairs and in the affairs of the world... Metphysics gives us a sense of eternal being, and eternal knowledge of a spiritual nature, and it is our doom... While we possess metaphysics we cannot grasp both life and knowledge as human attributes, and take responsibility for our actions... We think that if called upon to be judged, that ignorance is some defense for human evil, and for actions that are self destuctive and destructive of future generation... Ignorance and its twin: Irresponsibility, are no defense against any charge... But death, inevitable death puts us beyond any punishment that can be devised.... Those with children must realize that our own children must suffer our actions or resistence to actions.... Just as the children of slave masters once drove their own brothers and sisters into slavery, our ignorance and irresponsibility make certain the suffering of our own children... Better to suffer a few moral qualms and know but once our own freedom and humanity than put off too long our responsibility...
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2011 08:07 am
@Fido,
So Metaphysics is the bogeyman of Morality...that is a bit far fetched to say the least.
This odd interpretation that given destiny we are to do nothing comes short to realize the opposite, that is, that given destiny we are to do all we must do !
Simple minded thinking is a dangerous affair...
0 Replies