Evolving into a collective being?

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2003 09:59 pm
Okay, I'm still new to this crazy superlogical world of able2know, so be gentle. Here's my thing.

Since we are evolving, and global communication is getting better and better, we are getting closer and closer to being able to actually see ourselves as a whole, and to grasp our true essence, and to actually "be" as one. We have the means now to "know" other cultures, other societies, other religions, things we could never have imagined in the past. Our communication skills are great weapons for survival, and will keep on getting stronger as the world's population grows. We are getting smarter. My question is, will we ever reach a point where we will experience ourselves truly as one being, one life, at one moment? Will we ever be able to even imagine what that experience would be?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 868 • Replies: 5
No top replies

colorbook

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2003 10:23 pm
Our world has a long way to go before it can achieve that goal. First, we would have to eradicate prejudice and hate, along with many other difficulties we as humans suffer. I don't think our life goal is meant to work towards a collective family. Very Happy
0 Replies

satt fs

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2003 10:32 pm
Yes, we are one being (with love and hate).
0 Replies

Francisco DAnconia

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2004 07:58 pm
Kickycan, I am not sure if you have ever read Anthem by Ayn Rand, but if not I would highly recommend it. It's one of a rather obnoxious genre of books in which humanity has evolved into a collectivist society, and although the idea is intriguing, I find that there's enough of these books already... the Giver, the Cure, etc. etc.

This is definitely one of the better books in that genre and it will prove to give you some insights into the collectivism you're describing.

I too am new to Able2Know so I also feel slightly overwhelmed by all this intellectual drivel... ah, for the pursuit of knowledge what we will do.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2004 08:07 pm
Francisco D'Anconia wrote:
Kickycan, I am not sure if you have ever read Anthem by Ayn Rand, but if not I would highly recommend it. It's one of a rather obnoxious genre of books in which humanity has evolved into a collectivist society, and although the idea is intriguing, I find that there's enough of these books already... the Giver, the Cure, etc. etc.

This is definitely one of the better books in that genre and it will prove to give you some insights into the collectivism you're describing.

I too am new to Able2Know so I also feel slightly overwhelmed by all this intellectual drivel... ah, for the pursuit of knowledge what we will do.

Welcome to A2K, Francisco.

Good New Jersey guy, I see.
0 Replies

Ruach

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2004 11:40 pm
kickykan, welcome to a2k.

Quote:
will we ever reach a point where we will experience ourselves truly as one being, one life, at one moment?

Mankind has always been the same no matter if he is advanced, heathen or ignorant or intelligent. He is greedy and selfish. These things will always stand in the way of true oneness.

The world is not getting better because we can communicate and have more knowledge. It is still the same. There is differences that cannot be overcome by the natural nature of man, each man , and that is to survive even if it is at the expense of another.
2 Cents
0 Replies